Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
garchomp has better defenses, swords dance, better speed, STAB earthquake for almost flawless stab coverage, resists stealth rock instead of weak to it

in short a lot

Hey, something really weird happened in Platinum to me a few hours ago. I was fighting a double battle against the computer, and sent out my Alakazam and someone else. I switched, they used Pursuit. Killed me in one hit. Then it said that rain had started to fall. Then it said that all the pokemon were getting hurt by their abilities (i.e. (paraphrasing) Scizor was damaged by Technician)). That damage was only like the smallest of slivers on the damage bar. THEN it said that it was sunny! And all the pokemon took their turns getting damaged by their abilities. THEN IT WAS A SANDSTORM. Hurt by abilities again. Then it hailed. Abilitydamage.

Everyone in the battle only lost a tenth of their HP, but it did this after every ensuing turn until the battle was finished.

What the hell happened?

Can the Japanese event Jirachi be shiny? The one that was on 8/18/08, moves are:

Jirachi @Jaboca Berry
Level 5
- Wish
- Confusion
- Rest

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, something really weird happened in Platinum to me a few hours ago. I was fighting a double battle against the computer, and sent out my Alakazam and someone else. I switched, they used Pursuit. Killed me in one hit. Then it said that rain had started to fall. Then it said that all the pokemon were getting hurt by their abilities (i.e. (paraphrasing) Scizor was damaged by Technician)). That damage was only like the smallest of slivers on the damage bar. THEN it said that it was sunny! And all the pokemon took their turns getting damaged by their abilities. THEN IT WAS A SANDSTORM. Hurt by abilities again. Then it hailed. Abilitydamage.

Everyone in the battle only lost a tenth of their HP, but it did this after every ensuing turn until the battle was finished.

What the hell happened?
This glitch has been dubbed the "acid rain glitch". For more information, look here.

I haven't been on Shoddy in a while, so I have a couple quick metagame questions.

How common is the dual screen strategy?

Has there been a noticeable rise in Brick Break usage in response to dual screen?

It's really effective and common on some Hyper Offensive team I can think of one person who uses it very effectively. I wouldn't say there is any kind of rise in Brick Break though x_x

Does Synchronize affect Cresselia? I've SR'd a few and it looks like a no, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. If the answer is in fact no, does anyone know why?

if you're talking about the two guys standing at the top left of floaroma town, you have to talk to the guard at the gate of the valley windworks first. go to the bottom right corner of floaroma town and there's a route that goes to the east. take it all the way to the end (past the girl and past the bridge that goes north) and you'll see a building. talk to the guy there and the guards in floaroma town will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)