Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought it might be known by breeders or something... Yes I could have looked it up, but so could have any other poster on this thread... I mean, most questions that are truley "simple" could easily be googled. =]

Thanks

More questions

Since this section is so good for askin for help, I may as well ask a load of questions at once
1. If smogon dosen't support hacking, then how come their are tiers for the new pokemon forms?
I think I already know this 1 though
2. Where is this egg game i've been hearing about in platinum?
3. Is it in any way possible to teach hypnosis to Lugia, Mew and Mewtwo?

1. If smogon dosen't support hacking, then how come their are tiers for the new pokemon forms?
Local connection between two Platinum versions allows the new formes.

2. Where is this egg game i've been hearing about in platinum?
If it's what I think it is, the egg roulette where multiple people put in an egg and it spits them out randomly among the players.

Bulbapedia said:
Over local wireless, there is a new feature called Spin Trade where the player and their friends can put their Pokémon eggs in and randomly swap. Trainers that obtain eggs that land on the Bonus Area, the spotted ones, get a berry too.
If that's not it, it could be a game from the Wifi Plaza, though none of them relate to eggs >_>

3. Is it in any way possible to teach hypnosis to Lugia, Mew and Mewtwo?
Mew: Yes, from an XD move tutor.
Mewtwo: No.
Lugia: No.

Shadow Moi said:
Which would you prefer on a defensive Tangrowth, Chlorophyl or Leaf Guard?
Erm, just read the defensive part. lol. Leaf Guard would help with Toxic Spikes and for being a general status absorber. Grass resists electric too, so if you take a blow like that, Leaf Guard helps prevent unwanted paralysis (not that he can get much slower). It'd help if you had a specific set in mind. Chlorophyll probably takes the most advantage of the sun with fast status, though if you don't invest for it you're still slow as nails.

I can't imagine playing defensively in the sun though >_>

Answer 1
Thats what I thought

Answer 2
I do know what the egg game is but I actually asked where is the game?

Answer 3
Dosen't the NOK mew know hypnosis?

No Guard only affects the Pokemon with the ability, and therefore, only one enemy targetting the Pokemon. You can't send Machamp out with a Mamoswine and have no-miss Blizzards.
actually, smogon's description of no guard says that both attacks used by the no guard pokemon and targeted at no guard pokemon will not miss, so no guard affects both pokes in single battle.

idk if no guard has an effect in double battle when the no guard pokemon is not involved, but judging from smogon's description, i would say that nothing would happen.

How do I get to the Flower Paradise with the tweaking glitch in Pearl? I've seen the video, but it's confusing as to what steps to take, and where.

How come whenever i try to upload a battle to the GTS Terminal from my V.S. Recorder it always says 'There appears to be a problem with your pokemon. The data was not sent'. Can someone help me with this?

actually, smogon's description of no guard says that both attacks used by the no guard pokemon and targeted at no guard pokemon will not miss, so no guard affects both pokes in single battle.

idk if no guard has an effect in double battle when the no guard pokemon is not involved, but judging from smogon's description, i would say that nothing would happen.
That's what I said, I just wasn't clear at all. In singles obviously both your moves and the opponent's will never miss. My Mamoswine example was for doubles, when you send out both Machamp and Mamoswine. Your swine will not be able to abuse no-miss Blizzards because of Machamp. >_>

Lugiamaster26: The game, I believe, is in the Wi-Fi plaza.

How do I get to the Flower Paradise with the tweaking glitch in Pearl? I've seen the video, but it's confusing as to what steps to take, and where.
Although my reply is absolutely no help at all, I'm just curious as to how a visual such as video can't help you but a description given by someone will be more clear? XD Maybe you should just try to follow it step by step, no matter how hard it can be. :|

I used a Tamato berry on a Yanma I was EV training at level 16, and its speed dropped by 5. I thought it only removed 10 EVs? Can I just re-EV it, or will the stat even out later?

Veni said:
I used a Tamato berry on a Yanma I was EV training at level 16, and its speed dropped by 5. I thought it only removed 10 EVs? Can I just re-EV it, or will the stat even out later?
If you had over 100 EVs, it dropped you straight to 100. Re-EV from there.

Erm, just read the defensive part. lol. Leaf Guard would help with Toxic Spikes and for being a general status absorber. Grass resists electric too, so if you take a blow like that, Leaf Guard helps prevent unwanted paralysis (not that he can get much slower). It'd help if you had a specific set in mind. Chlorophyll probably takes the most advantage of the sun with fast status, though if you don't invest for it you're still slow as nails.

I can't imagine playing defensively in the sun though >_>
I am not going to play it defensively with the sun, I am just putting it as part of a team. I am just thinking what would be best if I had an opponent with Sunny Day. Thanks for the insights.

It'll go back to BL "unless the UU metagame is drastically different." (or something along those lines; see the new PR thread for exact wording).

Is there a website/applet somewhere that I can select MULTIPLE moves and see what pokémon learn them? I know I can do one move at a time on Serebii, but I would have to compare the two lists by hand. I am wondering if anybody knows of something similar where I can select 2 or more moves and see a list of pokémon that can learn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)