Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats not what I mean't, according to reliable sources, you can do this
1. Get a english platinum and choose "Mystery Gift" in the main menu and then choosing "get from friend"
2. Get your japanese platinum and choose "Wonder cards" in the main menu and then choosing "send to friend" and choose the wonder card for the secret key
Apparently if you do this, you can get a secret key in a english platinum
Hmmm. That's interesting. Where did you read this?

There were 2 Japanese wifi events some time ago that distributed the Secret Key. Any Platinum game that has the Secret Key (at this time, only Japanese games will have it), you can distribute it locally to other Platinum games; region shouldn't affect this. So if you come in contact with a Japanese game that has the Key, follow the instructions to transfer it to your game.

Cool beans. :D I read Serebii entirely too much, but I guess seemingly uninteresting articles I don't read because the grammar on there is terrible and they're not exactly known for accuracy.

A Japanese Platinum can send the Secret Key through mystery gift to an English Platinum. Just hook up with someone with a Japanese Platinum and the Secret Key and you could get one. They can only send 5 of those, though.

This is going to sound REALLY stupid, please bear with me.

Togetic needs a Shiny Stone trade to evolve, correct? I've tried this in the Union room for about 30 mins, and it's failing. I;ve also tried with a Dawn Stone. What am I doing wrong?

The sad thing is, I already have a Togekiss, but I have a MUCH better Togetic now, compliments of Tangerines thread.

This is going to sound REALLY stupid, please bear with me.

Togetic needs a Shiny Stone trade to evolve, correct? I've tried this in the Union room for about 30 mins, and it's failing. I;ve also tried with a Dawn Stone. What am I doing wrong?

The sad thing is, I already have a Togekiss, but I have a MUCH better Togetic now, compliments of Tangerines thread.
You need to USE the Shiny Stone on Togetic. No trade required.

No problem.

Now, as I understand it, Wobbuffet was tested in OU prior to the current rules and stuff of voting being laid down. Will it be retested, under the current rules? And what of Wynaut?

I've always wondered what happens when two pokemon have the same speed. Which one goes first, and how is it decided?
Basically, the game essentially does a coin-flip in that situation, with each Pokemon having a 50-50 chance of being the one to go first. Which one wins is thus completely random, which is why speed-ties can be really annoying when they happen.

behold:

Code:
Lake Related:

Lake Verity
Lake Acuity
Lake Valor
Verity Lakefront --- (just outside the lake)
Valor Lakefront --- (just outside the lake)
Acuity Lakefront --- (just outside the lake)
Valor Cavern --- (middle of lake, after Spear Pillar Showdown)
Acuity Cavern --- (middle of lake, after Spear Pillar Showdown)
Verity Cavern --- (middle of lake, after Spear Pillar Showdown)
Grand Lake --- (East of Pastoria, the mainland resort, suites and southern-most building)
Restaurant --- (East-Northeast of Pastoria, the Dual Duel Diner)
Spring Path --- (South of Veilstone; opens after E4 victory; leads hero to Giratina)
Sendoff Spring --- (beyond Spring Path; navigate to Turnback Cave, Giratina)

International:

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Link Trade --- (in game NPC)
Distant Land

City Connection:

Trainer School --- (Jubilife)
GTS ---(Jubilife)
Jubilife TV --- (Jubilife)
Poketch Co. --- (Jubilife)

Mining Museum --- (Oreburgh)

Flower Shop --- (Floaroma)
Floaroma Meadow --- (Floaroma obviously)

Cycle Shop --- (Eterna City's only; Galactic's base is eterna City)

Foreign Building ---(Hearthome's 'Church')
Poffin House --- (Hearthome)
Contest Hall --- (Hearthome)
Amity Square --- (Hearthome)

Solaceon Ruins --- (Solaceon)
Pokemon Day Care --- (Solaceon)

Veilstone Store --- (Veilstone)
Galactic HQ --- (Veilstone)
Game Corner --- (Veilstone; refers to the gameplay location-prize house shows V City)

Great Marsh --- (Pastoria)

Canalave Library --- (Canalave Library)

Sunyshore Market --- (Sunyshore Market)
Vista Lighthouse --- (Sunyshore)

Battle Park --- (Fight Area)
Battle Tower --- (Fight Area)

SnowPoint Temple --- (Snowpoint)

Routes Related an Other Locations:

Ruin Maniac Cave
Maniac Tunnel
Stark Mountain
Footstep House --- (East of Pastoria)
Cafe --- (North of Solaceon, first building)
Spear Pillar --- (peak of Mount Coronet)
Hall of Origin --- From Arceus event/approach
Flower Paradise --- from Shaymin event/approach
Seabreak Path --- from Shaymin event/approach
Full Moon Island --- from Cresselia story event
Thanks. It doesn't have the Platinum Locations though =/

Are there any new Platinum locations other than Distortion World, the three Ruins, and the Battle Frontier?

Does worry seed get rid of slow start off of Regigigas? I had a cool double battle strategy and Smogon says it works but apparently some people say it only works in US versions of D/P and PBR but not Platinum.

Does worry seed get rid of slow start off of Regigigas? I had a cool double battle strategy and Smogon says it works but apparently some people say it only works in US versions of D/P and PBR but not Platinum.
IIRC, it changes Slow Start to Insomnia, but you can not get rid of the Spe/Atk cut. You have to use Gastro Acid (Shuckle, Cradily).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
power herb?

Does anyone know if the power herb makes it so that you don't have to recharge after using (specifically) Blast Burn? The item description didn't specifically mention Blast Burn...

Thank You!

You'll still need to recharge. It only affects charge up, not recharge.
Which, specifically, refers to things such as Solarbeam, Dig, Dive, Fly, Bounce, Sky Attack, Razor Wind, and Skull Bash. Did I miss any? I had some trouble remembering those last three. They're kind of uncommon, haha.

I'm not sure if this goes in here or the discus my pokemon thread, but here goes.
Is a mild nature usable on a latias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)