Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I try to clone with the AR I keep getting flooded with "bad eggs" in the boxes and I get no cloned pokemon. Can anyone tell me why this is or how to prevent it?

When people hatch in special locations, do they just save before hatching, check, reset, and go to the location?
Most people use IV Checking codes, meaning they don't have to hatch before knowing what will come out. If you're doing it traditionally, you'll have to go to the location on every hatch because the IVs are set once you take the egg.

Ok so this may be a rather simple question, but when using imprison, if trick room was selected that turn too, does imprison stop the action of trick room? Or just the selection of it, like disable.

Most people use IV Checking codes, meaning they don't have to hatch before knowing what will come out. If you're doing it traditionally, you'll have to go to the location on every hatch because the IVs are set once you take the egg.
So you can use codes to check before you hatch? I was under the impression that even with codes you had to hatch the pokemon first.

No, you just check the egg the same way you would check a hatched Pokemon, and it works.

Edit: Is the correct way to refer to X-Scissor "X" scissor or "cross" scissor? :P

No, you just check the egg the same way you would check a hatched Pokemon, and it works.

Edit: Is the correct way to refer to X-Scissor "X" scissor or "cross" scissor? :P

i say "Ex".

ok i was under the impression that any NFE pokemon not specifically banned from NU (Chansey, Wynaut...) was allowed in NU.

i used Rhydon last night and my opponent (who is a respected member) said only the pokemon on the actual NU list were allowed.

can i get some clarification?

CMT?

OK...really quick here...what does CMT mean? I've heard it all over the place...I feel like an idiot for not knowing...

Will everstone-effect on eggs work if i have international parents?
No. "If you breed in DP, it is possible that Everstone won't work. This happens if you breed two Pokémon that originate from different language versions, for example an English Emerald Ditto with a Japanese Diamond Chimchar."

OK...really quick here...what does CMT mean? I've heard it all over the place...I feel like an idiot for not knowing...
Check my thread.

Would a Rash Azelf be usable? In the analysis, it recommends Rash only for a Choice Scarf set. However, is Gengar the only thing it outspeeds? I could switch to a special wall when confronted by one, and besides, it's unlikely to be switched in, or even attempt to revenge-kill...
The reason I ask is because I have to choose between these in my Platinum...
TIMID 22/26/28/30/22/30 HP FIGHTING 67
RASH 29/30/30/26/30/30 HP FIGHTING 69

haunter

Banned deucer.
Would a Rash Azelf be usable? In the analysis, it recommends Rash only for a Choice Scarf set. However, is Gengar the only thing it outspeeds? I could switch to a special wall when confronted by one, and besides, it's unlikely to be switched in, or even attempt to revenge-kill...
The reason I ask is because I have to choose between these in my Platinum...
TIMID 22/26/28/30/22/30 HP FIGHTING 67
RASH 29/30/30/26/30/30 HP FIGHTING 69
Basically a +speed nature is useful to outspeed Gengar-Latias-Infernape, without a scarf, obviously. So if you can deal with these pokemons rash is fine. Though consider that being outsped by them may mean that your sweep would end quite soon.

Hi could someone help me with some stars calculation I'm not to hot at this.basically did rng emerald glitch got an careful eevee but will be an umbreon it's 31/19/31/30/30/0 for trick room (I gave up waiting 4 sassy nature). I want to find out will it be better to have physical or special attack it has base 65 atk and base 60 sp/atk less 10% careful nature . Could someone work out if I use the same base power attack which would be more powerful an physical or special attack obviously without using and evs

What exactly does the Battle Tower's Judge's statements mean?

The Judge in Pokemon Platinum's Battle Frontier has the same function as the IV Guy in Pokemon Emerald's Battle Frontier.

The problem is that the Judge has a dialogue set that's different from the Emerald IV Guy's dialogue set. I've tried looking everywhere. I've tried Smogon's articles. I've tried Serebii Forums. I've tried GameFAQs. I've even tried Google. Nothing came out regarding whatever the Judge says.

The only thing I know is that he says, "It can't be better in that regard," when your Pokemon's best stat has an IV of 31. I would still like to know what the Judge's other statements mean. Knowing that information will definitely help me.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The Judge in Pokemon Platinum's Battle Frontier has the same function as the IV Guy in Pokemon Emerald's Battle Frontier.

The problem is that the Judge has a dialogue set that's different from the Emerald IV Guy's dialogue set. I've tried looking everywhere. I've tried Smogon's articles. I've tried Serebii Forums. I've tried GameFAQs. I've even tried Google. Nothing came out regarding whatever the Judge says.

The only thing I know is that he says, "It can't be better in that regard," when your Pokemon's best stat has an IV of 31. I would still like to know what the Judge's other statements mean. Knowing that information will definitely help me.
Some time ago someone posted these:

If the average of IVs is ~30 he'll say the pokemon has outstanding potential
average is ~25, relatively superior potential
average is ~20, above average potential
average is ~15 or below, decent potential

He'll also say which stat has the highest IV. If the pokemon has multiple stats of that value, he'll say one of those stats in random

If the value of the highest stat = 31, he says "it can't be better in that regard"
value of highest stat = ~30, "fantastic in that regard"
value of highest stat = ~20-25, "very good..."
value of highest stat = ~15 and below, "rather decent..."
but I can't assure you that they're accurate because I coudn't test them by myself (I'm still waiting for my Platinum copy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)