Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Where can I go to get a new Friend Code Number in Platinum?

I have Pearl and Platinum and 1 DS that works fine and another that has the top screen shattered. What I want to do is battle the Pearl Cartridge on the Good DS with the Platinum Cartridge on the bad DS. My bred pokes are on the good DS so I would be able to see their stats leveled up and determine their IVs.

Problem is, I accidentally connected my Platinum cartridge's Friend Code to the good DS. Every time I try to connect to wifi on my bad DS it gives me some message and kicks me out of wifi. I assume this is because of using wifi on the good DS 1 time.

I'm pretty good at setting the Platinum Cartridge up on my good DS. Saving it. Turning it off. Turning it back on and trading or doing whatever on my Bad DS even without the top screen, so I think in theory I should be able to battle on wifi at least enough to check my stats at L100.

Does anybody know how to link your cartridge to a new DS?

this has nothing to do with pokemon

Im having problems with my R4 Flashcart the problem is i placed a new game into the SD micro card and as soon as it loaded after creating the SAV file it says "unable to read save data please turn off power and reinsert the game card"
so can anyone help me out with this?

Where can I go to get a new Friend Code Number in Platinum?

I have Pearl and Platinum and 1 DS that works fine and another that has the top screen shattered. What I want to do is battle the Pearl Cartridge on the Good DS with the Platinum Cartridge on the bad DS. My bred pokes are on the good DS so I would be able to see their stats leveled up and determine their IVs.

Problem is, I accidentally connected my Platinum cartridge's Friend Code to the good DS. Every time I try to connect to wifi on my bad DS it gives me some message and kicks me out of wifi. I assume this is because of using wifi on the good DS 1 time.

I'm pretty good at setting the Platinum Cartridge up on my good DS. Saving it. Turning it off. Turning it back on and trading or doing whatever on my Bad DS even without the top screen, so I think in theory I should be able to battle on wifi at least enough to check my stats at L100.

Does anybody know how to link your cartridge to a new DS?
I think this is the best you can do.

Hey Smogon, I've been wondering what sort of moveset to put on my Latias. I've looked at the standard ones, but I was thinking because Latias has such neat support options, I might be able to try something with them...

Is Flame Orb + Psycho Shift viable on Latias? And if it is, what sort of EV spread would you recommend?

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
latias is a good support pokemon and all, but a lot of latias' support sets can be done better on cresselia.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Flame Orb and Psycho Shift is usually considered gimmick. If anything, it's better to Trick the Flame Orb so you don't lose health each turn if you really want to use it.

Ability Determination

When a pokemon has two possible abilities, is what ability it's born with determined at conception or birth?

Or to put it another way, is what ability it has locked in as soon as you receive the egg, or can you save right before hatching and reload to try and get the one you want?

well post the warstory on this forums then c/p it from here to word.

Why dont people just stick ice beam on lati@s for them to revenge garchomp.
Why would you? They almost always carry Draco Meteor, or at least Dragon Pulse, it's a waste of a move slot when the two are used to counter the same threats. Besides, I'd like to see you switch either of them into a D-Claw without sacrificing a pokemon beforehand.

I just had my first battle with my new team that contained a Rotom-H. When the battle started i could tell that my opponent was playing Diamond/Pearl while I had Platinum, and my Rotom-H had turned into a normal Rotom. Then when I exited the battle, it was still a Rotom.
is this just a glitch because I use Pokesav to make my teams, or is this just an obnoxious caveat?

I just had my first battle with my new team that contained a Rotom-H. When the battle started i could tell that my opponent was playing Diamond/Pearl while I had Platinum, and my Rotom-H had turned into a normal Rotom. Then when I exited the battle, it was still a Rotom.
is this just a glitch because I use Pokesav to make my teams, or is this just an obnoxious caveat?
It's been answered at least once on this page already (and perhaps once per page on this thread), you CANNOT use Rotom forms on Wi-Fi.

He's not referring to that, he's wondering why Rotom didn't possess its heater again after his Wi-Fi battle.
At any rate, it shouldn't be too hard to remedy. Just go over to the whatever-building and stick him in the oven again.

Does it still have overheat (assuming it did beforehand)?

And that's kind of lame that you can't use rotom forms on wifi. =/ I didn't know that.

I would like to use Rayquaza over wifi in Pokemon Battle Revolution in a double battles. You know, with no real clauses. Any-who, I have been thinking hard on the best way to do this, and am wondering what to partner active Rayquaza with. Samely, how should I use it in a double battle? Should I skip bothering boosting its stats with attacks and just give it choice item? Or should I stick to its ability granting it Protect?

Thereof, how should I implement Rayquaza in double battles?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is a natural occurence. After a Rotom-forme participates in a battle in either the Battle Frontier or over Wifi, it reverts to its normal forme. In order to regain the forme, simply interact with the appliance located in the Galactic warehouse again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)