Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a breeding project on Ninetales. I'm trying to do as much work ahead of time as I can to get her a good move set. I checked the smogon dex; two moves are listed that are available as level up and as TMs.

For a level up move to be passed to the offspring, both parents need to know the move. I'm breeding with a Ditto so that condition isn't met. If I teach the will-o-wisp and flamethrower TMs to the father, will that meet the clauses to have the moves passed down?

Thanks!

I'm doing a breeding project on Ninetales. I'm trying to do as much work ahead of time as I can to get her a good move set. I checked the smogon dex; two moves are listed that are available as level up and as TMs.

For a level up move to be passed to the offspring, both parents need to know the move. I'm breeding with a Ditto so that condition isn't met. If I teach the will-o-wisp and flamethrower TMs to the father, will that meet the clauses to have the moves passed down?

Thanks!
only the father needs to know the moves for them to be passed down. the mother doesnt pass anything except for IV's. so if you have a male and a ditto, the males moves will be passed to the baby

I'm playing on Diamond, so I don't think there's a double battle.
No you need to get the national pokedex to go to the fight area. Nothing about a double battle.

Basically, see 150 pokemon, go to sandgem town, go to the lab, talk to professor oak. He gives you the national pokedex, those guys in the fight area get out of the way.

only the father needs to know the moves for them to be passed down. the mother doesnt pass anything except for IV's. so if you have a male and a ditto, the males moves will be passed to the baby
Am I reading the Smogon breeding guide wrong?

Level Up Moves: If both parents know the same Level Up move and the baby can learn the same move by level up, the baby will be born with that move. For example, if a male Slowbro is breeding with a female Slowking and both know the Level up move Zen Headbutt, the baby Slowpoke will be born knowing Zen Headbutt.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part2

Can Psych Up copy the effects of an allies Power Trick in a double battle?
I know PT can be Bp'd but what about psyched?
I haven't been able to find out for sure, but that should work, since Power Trick affects the stats themselves, even copying stat modifiers. That means that if you have, say, +2 Attack, and use PT, your partner could get +2 in Defense by using Psych Up.

Thanks!
Yes it should as the father is the one that passes down the egg moves.

I haven't been able to find out for sure, but that should work, since Power Trick affects the stats themselves, even copying stat modifiers. That means that if you have, say, +2 Attack, and use PT, your partner could get +2 in Defense by using Psych Up.
I tested this in-game and, sadly, it does not work. I had my umbreon use bite against a roselia and It took about 1/3 of its health. Than I had it psych up my gliscor's power trick. I used bite again, and it took out only 1/3 of its health. Seeing how dramaticly different Umbreon's Atk and Def are, there should have been some difference in damage. Too bad... :(

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I tested this in-game and, sadly, it does not work. I had my umbreon use bite against a roselia and It took about 1/3 of its health. Than I had it psych up my gliscor's power trick. I used bite again, and it took out only 1/3 of its health. Seeing how dramaticly different Umbreon's Atk and Def are, there should have been some difference in damage. Too bad... :(
It changes the BOOSTS, not the actual stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)