Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the first listed movesets in the analyses generally the best? I need to decide what nature Palkia and Dialga to go for.

Quick answer on this please.
Just caught a regigigas (relaxed,30/30/26/26/22/20) Good for the Wall regigigas.( i think? if not tell me) but that set does have thunder on it? why? regigigas has a very low SpAtk stat?

Quick question, if a Pokemon uses Follow Me and another one has LightningRod/Storm Drain, which Pokemon will the attack go to? Or will it get canceled out altogether?

Quick answer on this please.
Just caught a regigigas (relaxed,30/30/26/26/22/20) Good for the Wall regigigas.( i think? if not tell me) but that set does have thunder on it? why? regigigas has a very low SpAtk stat?
Pretty much because during the first five turns, until Slow Start wears off, it's Attack and Special Attack are pretty similar. Thus, Thunder has its uses during that time period for the things that the analysis mentions:
Wall Set said:
Thunder will 2HKO Skarmory and Gyarados, and also hits Gengar, hopefully paralyzing him in the process.
SubPunch set said:
Thunder covers Skarmory and Gyarados, and the Paralysis can help to stall out Slow Start, if you're lucky.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Are the first listed movesets in the analyses generally the best? I need to decide what nature Palkia and Dialga to go for.
They're the most used on Shoddy Battle, so you could see it as that way if you want.
Quick question, if a Pokemon uses Follow Me and another one has LightningRod/Storm Drain, which Pokemon will the attack go to? Or will it get canceled out altogether?
Follow Me goes first.
From the analysis:
If a Pokemon with Lightningrod and a Pokemon using Follow Me are out at the same time, and a Pokemon uses an Electric attack targeted at the Follow Me user's team, Follow Me will still take precedence and absorb the attack. If a Pokemon with Storm Drain and a Pokemon using Follow Me are out at the same time, and a Pokemon uses a Water attack targeted at the Follow Me user's team, Follow Me will still take precedence and absorb the attack.

Follow Me overids Lightning Rod/Storm Drain.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/follow_me

"If a Pokemon with Lightningrod and a Pokemon using Follow Me are out at the same time, and a Pokemon uses an Electric attack targeted at the Follow Me user's team, Follow Me will still take precedence and absorb the attack. If a Pokemon with Storm Drain and a Pokemon using Follow Me are out at the same time, and a Pokemon uses a Water attack targeted at the Follow Me user's team, Follow Me will still take precedence and absorb the attack."

That Regigigas seems fine to me (for a Regigigas). Slow Start halves your attack, so it'll be about the same as your special attack.

Edit: Beaten to it.

They're the most used on Shoddy Battle, so you could see it as that way if you want.
Eh, that's more because the most used sets tend to be the best. However, sometimes a Pokemon's better sets aren't exactly the most used ones, but the analysis suggests the better sets regardless. Case in point: the Electivire analysis, which put the Mixed Attacker set on top even though, especially at the time that change was made, the Physical Attacker was the most used set:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/electivire

I was told to ask this here

My team consist of metagross, scizor, heatran, gyrados, gengar, snorlax.

other pokemon i have i can use are forretress, ninjask, smeargle and purugly.

This isnt a RMT..

The other day i ran into a breeloom and i noticed i couldnt do anything against it, i had so much trouble. Got spored then focus punched...even if i switched he would just switch. What pokemon beats breeloom? >_>

I was told to ask this here

My team consist of metagross, scizor, heatran, gyrados, gengar, snorlax.

other pokemon i have i can use are forretress, ninjask, smeargle and purugly.

This isnt a RMT..

The other day i ran into a breeloom and i noticed i couldnt do anything against it, i had so much trouble. Got spored then focus punched...even if i switched he would just switch. What pokemon beats breeloom? >_>

Celebi is as good a counter to Breloom as you can get. Natural Cure lets you take Spores all day, if you run HP Fire you hit him hard, his main stab moves Focus Punch and Seed Bomb do pretty sad damage, and other moves like Leech Seed and Stone Edge don't work too well either. Cresselia also works well, since it has great defenses and often carries Ice Beam.

if a pokemon with forecast enters the field with Stealth Rock and Sun or Hail already in play, does he take SR damage as his original type (normal in Castform's case), or as a fire/ice type?

if a pokemon with forecast enters the field with Stealth Rock and Sun or Hail already in play, does he take SR damage as his original type (normal in Castform's case), or as a fire/ice type?
I think so but I'm not quite sure. I'm pretty sure abilities like Intimidate activate after Stealth Rock hits, so it would make sense that Forcast would, too.

Is there a way that I could substitute the middle mouse button on my laptop such as a button combination?
In Linux, it's pretty standard that left+right clicking simulates a middle click. Dunno about Windows though.

Nature Power in the distortion world...I would guess Rock Slide, assuming the area counts as a cave. But I don't know. Maybe someone with an AR could check?

so before getting the national dex in platinum, i traded over some poke's from my pearl game giving me the national dex.

now i cant get it from rowan, or get the poke radar, or access the other areas outside of the battle frontier.

has anyone else encountered this problem?

Since the bulk topic in the UU section currently has a few debates going on, and I don't feel like switching the entire topic over, I figure I'd ask it here.

Why is Dewgong still NU? Like, really NU? Hydration is a broken ability, and Dewgong is definitely bulky enough to take advantage of it. It's movepool isn't terrible either, and makes a great Toxic Staller.

Are all valid legendary IV combinations obtainable with any ID and SID combination or not?

(The next question applies for all legendaries but I'll use Kyogre as an example)

If I tried to synchronise a Kyogre that was originally going to be timid but got synchronised into a modest Kyogre would the Kyogres IVs become an IV set thats valid only for modest natures or would the IVs stay an an IV spread thats only valid on timid Kyogres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)