Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
pokemonfan, please use the 'Discuss my Pokemon' thread in the WiFi forum for questions of that nature in future.

From a personal use standpoint, it's a decent breed yeah. Passable HP, good defences and flawless in the crucial Atk and Spe. You won't go wrong with it.

pokemonfan, please use the 'Discuss my Pokemon' thread in the WiFi forum for questions of that nature in future.

From a personal use standpoint, it's a decent breed yeah. Passable HP, good defences and flawless in the crucial Atk and Spe. You won't go wrong with it.
i thought this was the place 2 ask a simple question i have another question why are shiny pokemon so great besides them being rare sorry for posting in wrong thread b4

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
No problem, this is the place for simple questions but this - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60033 - is the place for discussing the IVs of your Pokemon. You'll probably get more dedicated replies in there but be warned that the guys in there are perfectionists to say the least.

Shiny Pokemon have no advantage over regular Pokemon. They're just collectors items.

i thought this was the place 2 ask a simple question i have another question why are shiny pokemon so great besides them being rare sorry for posting in wrong thread b4
there're rare and sometimes look cool and sparkle.
Other than that, there're trash if they have crappy ivs.

good ivs and nature > shiny

thank u both for the very fast replies i have 3 shiny legal pokemon and wonder what was so good about them. Is their any way to check if some1 is using legal pokemon and stop them if there using cheated pokemon

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
thank u both for the very fast replies i have 3 shiny legal pokemon and wonder what was so good about them. Is their any way to check if some1 is using legal pokemon and stop them if there using cheated pokemon
use shoddy battle! well just kidding (or not really?) but there really is no device or any one method that can determine if any pokemon is hacked, you simply have to look at its stats, nature, where it was born etc, stuff like a seismic toss bliss hatched in sinnoh is a common mistake since it only learns seismic toss in emerald I believe, so you simply just have to pay attention to where a person met the pokemon, its stats, etc

Is there any sort of damage or "marking" that can be done to D/P/Pt via hacking but cannot be completely cleared by erasing all save data and starting over? I want to RNG for some more good legends and it would really be a pain for me to reset my Diamond and Platinum carts, so I was thinking about renting them, but don't want to deal with a hacked game.

It's called a RNG abuse Shiny, and I lose my access to the program after I lose my PC tomorrow--I already have a decent modest Milotic with Hidden Power electric and hypnosis, but I felt like switching things up, and I had a better male parent who didn't have the egg moves... Whatever!

1. Sleep Talker
2. Toxic Staller
3. Sweeper?

It's calm and without egg moves--please find me a useful spread.
1. Because Milotic gets a decent defensive boost from Marvel Scale, would it be possible to develop a special D oriented ev spread? If so, what defensive numbers should I be shooting for?
2. Is Toxic over a second offensive move a good idea on said moveset?

To help Lucario sweep you need ways to get rid of it's checks or counters.
Ive been thinking about that and I thought of Rotom-W or Rotom-H. Both of these resist all of Lucario's weaknesses (Fire, Fighting, Ground), and potentially countering them. For example, Rotom-W could easily counter Heatran forcing him to switch or If he/she doesn't I use Hydro Pump to take him out.

I've been thinking of this Moveset:

-Hydro Pump
-Discharge/Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray
-Rest/Filler

Sort of serves as an Annoyer/Counter. ParaFusion can really be annoying and can stall out and force the switch. I'm not sure what EV's and Nature I should give it, any ideas?

-Hydro Pump
-Discharge/Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray
-Rest/Filler
rotom-s does the parafusion role better than rotom-w.with the ability to air slash.bold works quite well for this set through.

I have no idea where else to post this, but I think this is closest. Has anybody ever thought that the reason that there are no pure flying type Pokemon is that Roost would make them have no type at all?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have no idea where else to post this, but I think this is closest. Has anybody ever thought that the reason that there are no pure flying type Pokemon is that Roost would make them have no type at all?
That could possibly be the reason. Also could explain why arceus cannot learn roost.

datruffelz, I'm sorry to say that neither rotom resists fire, all of them are ghost/electric, and heatran can heavily dent or KO them easily. Perhaps a scarf Rotom-w would do well, outspeeding tran, and could also help eliminate other rotoms, which are also a big threat to rotom, especially other scarf variants.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ive been thinking about that and I thought of Rotom-W or Rotom-H. Both of these resist all of Lucario's weaknesses (Fire, Fighting, Ground), and potentially countering them. For example, Rotom-W could easily counter Heatran forcing him to switch or If he/she doesn't I use Hydro Pump to take him out.

-Hydro Pump
-Discharge/Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray
-Rest/Filler

Sort of serves as an Annoyer/Counter. ParaFusion can really be annoying and can stall out and force the switch. I'm not sure what EV's and Nature I should give it, any ideas?
It's not about covering up weaknesses. Luke needs certain pokemon eliminated before it thinks about sweeping, these pokemon being ScarfTran, ScarfRotom, Gyarados, Gliscor, and Zapdos. Scarf Latias does well to remove these threats, and is also Pursuit bait for Luke to set up on. A Pursuit user of your own is nice to take out Rotom.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is the reason. Just a note of interest though, you can use a Smeargle with Conversion / Roost to get your Smeargle to be typeless (for half a turn). Not that it does anything though.

hhjj I can only be sure about question3, that Fake Out does not make a inner focus poke flinch, but because it takes damage, focus punch cannot be performed.

My other question: How do the mods decide what post should go into trou?

So is a Sleep Talker with an emphasis on Sp.def, the best moveset for a calm milotic?
no I would go for the bog standard eves 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA or invest a little more in special attack modest is the prefered nature but calm i think would work too in uu but i would invest more eves in special attack if you use a clam nature but thats just me.

milotic generally wants to be bold or modest

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hhjj I can only be sure about question3, that Fake Out does not make a inner focus poke flinch, but because it takes damage, focus punch cannot be performed.

My other question: How do the mods decide what post should go into trou?
When threads are ass. Or mabye when a thread is so bad it's funny.

no I would go for the bog standard eves 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA or invest a little more in special attack modest is the prefered nature but calm i think would work too in uu but i would invest more eves in special attack if you use a clam nature but thats just me.

milotic generally wants to be bold or modest
Can't change the nature...

-Hydro Pump
-Discharge/Thunderwave
-Confuse Ray
-Rest/Filler

One Pokemon that easily gets rid of Lucario's counters is Bandtar. Bandtar can OHKO or 2HKO all of Lucario's counters and can trap Scarf Rotom-h and Choiced Gengar as long as Gengar isn't locked into Focus Blast.

Is there any sort of damage or "marking" that can be done to D/P/Pt via hacking but cannot be completely cleared by erasing all save data and starting over? I want to RNG for some more good legends and it would really be a pain for me to reset my Diamond and Platinum carts, so I was thinking about renting them, but don't want to deal with a hacked game.
AR codes can only temporarily change the RAM, and can permanently change the save file.
They cannot change the the ROM.

So by starting over, there should be no "marking" left since you are deleting the only thing that can be permanently changed with hacking (the save file).

Who would be a better spin-blocker for a stall team?
Dusknoir, or a rotom form?
I will show my team, please, suggest a set!

Roserade @ Focus Sash
(HP fire, Toxic Spikes, Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm)

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
(Spikes, Brave Bird, Roost, Whirlwind)

Blissy @ Leftovers
(Wish, Protect, Ice Beam, Thunderwave)

Suicune @ Leftovers
(Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Surf, Roar)

Swampert @ Leftovers
(Avalanche, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Roar)

Thanks for your help!

What happened to my thread?

I made a tread: "What is your favorite tier"
And now, I received no infraction, but it's gone!
Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)