Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluent here, and yes, that is what it means. Nil is the elided or poetic form of "nihil," as in nihilism or w/e. "Nothing without Pokemon" is exactly what it says.

What have you found to be the best pokemon for Battle Hall streaks?

I would assume Spiritomb would be the safest, but what do I know?

Howcome Typhlosion is so horrible in the movepool department?

And.. Feraligatr gets a great movepool. Diverse as hell.

Yet.. in-game.. people continue to pick Cyndaquil.

>Cyndaquil is a great sweeper
>Feraligatr is outclassed by Gyarados 'cept maybe for being mixed.

Because:
a) Not everyone is competitive, and Cyndaquil is somewhat of a favourite. Do these non-competitive players give two sh*ts about movepools/natures/IVs and so on? Half of them are little kids...
b) A lot of Feraligatr's movepool comes from egg moves (Dragon Dance, etc), and so, the start won't be able to get it.

Mainly point a) though

Agreeing with that. Garchomp is a monster in the Batlle Hall, especially stuff like CB Chomp and Yache Chomp, maybe even Scarfed.
I'm fairly certain most Garchomp in Battle Hall will run Focus Sash. Yache Berry will fail you, where Focus Sash saves you. And Choice won't save you at all if something with STAB Ice Shard OHKOs Garchomp.

I'm fairly certain most Garchomp in Battle Hall will run Focus Sash. Yache Berry will fail you, where Focus Sash saves you. And Choice won't save you at all if something with STAB Ice Shard OHKOs Garchomp.
Oh, that's why I wanted to mention that "it depends on the type you're about to challenge", as if you're about to challenge all ten Ice levels, you better be changing your item (to something like Focus Sash, as you said). CB Chomp can work extremely well against types that well, aren't Ice (and usually Dragon isn't an issue too).

When will you reveal the results from the Stage 3 voting? I can't wait to see the results... and I know I'm not the only one. Oh, btw: Free Garchomp! :D

Another question for a badged member, is the suspect voter badge considered an official badge?

Does it have the privileges of the other badges such as locking your thread or changing your thread title?

Does it go away after a while or after the suspect test is over?

Is it only useful for suspect testing?

That's done with [noparse]
Code:
[/noparse] tags.

[noparse][code]Put the text in here like this...
[/noparse]

Code:
...and it comes out like this.
You have to enter a lot of text for the box to scroll, though.

I have a few basic questions.

Pardon me for my ignorance, but I have a couple of questions tthat I hope some experts like you guys could I answer.

1. I am aware you cannot bring Origin Forme Giratina into the Union Room. But can you use it on Wi-Fi, or wirelessly? Can you even battle with a human opponent with O-Giratina at all? Likewise for S-Shaymin, and the Rotom Formes.

2. When battling via local wireless, can you get pokemon above level 50 to go down to level 50, like in the Battle Tower, in Pearl and Platinum? For example, a level 48 Garchomp that just evolved and a level 64 Gengar are battled over local wireless. The Garchomp stays at level 48, while the Gengar goes own to level 50.

3. Is it possible to in addition to the above effects, pokemon under level 50 will be raised to level 50 over a Wi-Fi battle?

GBA games are so slow, is there any possible way to link emulator games to the real thing?

Also, I've read that Entei/Raikou in FR/LG will always have an IV of 0 in 5 stats, and if they use roar on you, the game counts this as them fainting, is this true? If so then that is the biggest load of bullshit ever, meaning it is impossible to get competitive dogs in the current gen (until HG/SS obv), and dumber still you already have to waste time getting a mean looking pokemon, but giving them roar is taking it too far, that means unless you waste your masterball then they're impossible to obtain

You can't bring the formes to any place where a trade might occur, that is, you can only use them to battle wirelessly.

Wireless battles don't have any form of level adjustment.

Wi-Fi battles, on the other hand, have the 50, 100 and Free Level options.

Level 50 doesn't adjust levels; it just bans Pokemon over level 50. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I barely ever play wireless.)

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, I'm a little confused, but is it against the rules to use teams people post in RMT? I have no idea where to start with my own so can I use someone else's or is that cheating?

Level 50 doesn't adjust levels; it just bans Pokemon over level 50. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I barely ever play wireless.)
In my copy of Diamond it sets the level of Pokemon to 50.

With Dragonite gaining extreme speed which moves would carry better coverage?

Outrage
Extreme Speed

Earthquake? SuperPower? Fire Punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)