Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there was anywhere on Smogon or anywhere else that gave a detailed description of how to RNG using a Mac? Or is there anyone that uses a Mac and has figured out how to RNG with it?

Based on the time during RSE when information was first leaked about Generation 4, what time should we now hypothetically expect information about Generation 5 (assuming there will be a Gen 5)?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
whats a low level poke, besides the tentas that give spdef ev's?
Although Tentacool are ultimatly the best Pokémon for EV training in Special Defense, Mantyke's can be found north of Sunyshore Town. Those also give you +1 Sp.Def.

I just got Platinum, and I was wondering if there was a reason why i'm not able to answer any of the questions via phrases? Has anyone else run across this?

hey, since shoody2 is comming out, I decided I had to create a doubles team for when it's up an running.

So for this, I needed to know some things about doubles, hoping to gte it answered here:

what are some good moves or strategy's I could be using on doubles? I've seen things like:
eliminating regigigas' ability to make him awsome in 1 turn.
use follow me on a pokemon to protect his partner.

Now to some questions:
is it really worth using hentry hazards on doubles? specially SR?

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/double_battles

I would say, don't just look at 'gimmicks' like getting rid of Regigigas' ability or using helping hand. You want more general solid teambuilding. Synergy plays a much bigger role too.

Switches are probably less common in doubles, so SR may be less necessary.

Surf, Earthquake, and Discharge are obviously great moves to have if you can carry immunities. Zapdos and Rhyperior springs to mind as an obvious doubles synergy - though watch out for your own Zapdos' Pressure affecting Rhyperior's Earthquake PP.

Shove the Lumineon in daycare, ride the bike like crazy.

EDIT: Or lead with the Lumineon, then switch to something that more easily kills the wild Pokemon.

Or you could try teaching the Lumineon a move to better deal with the Tentacruel. To be honest if you don't have Hidden Power electric or grass I'm not sure what you hope to use it for. But you could try Return, or if you have special Attack EVs already even Hyper Beam (though having to go back to the Pokemon Centre every 5 battles will slow you down)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
A legit hack is a hacked Pokemon that doesn't go beyond the games legal limits. For example, a Pokesaved 31/31/31/31/31/31 Gyarados would be a 'legit hack' but a Gyarados with 999 Atk would not be a legit hack.

symphonyx64

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I feel stupid for asking this, it shows up in so many sigs. :(

What constitutes a legit hack?
All of the following tips apply if you use Pokésav:

• Not exceeding the 510 total EV limit and the 255 EV limit per individual stat. A 999 stat Pokémon would clearly violate this.
  • Completely legal movesets/moveset combinations. For example, Azumarill cannot have both Belly Drum and Aqua Jet on the same moveset.

• Having a Pokémon caught in a proper Pokéball. For example, you don't want to be sending out Swamperts in Ultra Balls. Only Pokéballs.

• No spaces after the Pokémon's name when its sent out.

You don't have to be as concered with "under the hood details" such as ID, Location, etc. Unless you are paranoid about someone accusing you about hacking, you can leave those details blank.

If you follow those above pointers, you will be fine Wifi-wise.

To add to that - valid nature and IV spread for caught Pokemon. Not all spreads are possible. This applies particularly to legendaries. It's true that it's usually only 1 point difference in stats, but over enough battles one point matters on average.
And no egg moves with any ball other than a regular Pokeball.

Hey guys, I haven't been on smogon since platinum came out, nor have I been in the competetive scene...at that time my teams were up to standards. But since then, what are the main new threats (pokemon sets) i will need to watch out for?

symphonyx64

Hey guys, I haven't been on smogon since platinum came out, nor have I been in the competetive scene...at that time my teams were up to standards. But since then, what are the main new threats (pokemon sets) i will need to watch out for?
Welcome back to Smogon!

Here are two useful resources:

Most recent Shoddy Battle statistics.

The New HGSS moves.

To name a few: CB Scizor is still very prevalent, holding that #1 spot in terms of usage. Tyranitar has seen a jump in terms of Choice Scarf variants. Also, many of Dragon Dance Tyranitars now have Babiri Berry in tandem with Fire Punch in order to reliably counter Scizor's Bullet Punch. Latias is OU, without Soul Dew. Dragonite has gained ExtremeSpeed, among others.

symphonyx64

thankyou, woah, latias might give me some trouble.
Hence why Scizor is used ~30% on every standard team haha. Scizor is a reliable counter to Latias, as well as Tyranitar. Just beware of those pesky Magnezones when using Scizor, or any Steel type for that matter that lacks Shed Shell.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
And no egg moves with any ball other than a regular Pokeball.
Not 100% accurate. The following Pokemon are examples of Pokemon that can know the following "egg move" and be in any not-Safari Ball available in Gen 3:
Ledyba: Psybeam
Houndour: Poison Fang
Spinarak: Signal Beam
Shroomish: False Swipe
Makuhita: Cross Chop
Mawile: False Swipe
Piineco: Pin Missile
Swinub: Mud Shot
Spearow: False Swipe

And I'm sure you can find out the others.

If I may, what is the point in being worried about Aesthetic hacks, ala pokeballs. It has no bearing on the battle whatsoever? As long as you admit to the hacking it seems like a minute and unimportant detail to me.

OK, maybe I should have been clearer - no EXCLUSIVELY egg moves in non-ordinary Pokeballs.

@Aminar: It matters because an astute player may use the fact that their opponent's Pokemon is in a non-standard ball to deduce the absence of egg moves. For example, a Scizor in a Dusk Ball should not know Baton Pass.

If I may, what is the point in being worried about Aesthetic hacks, ala pokeballs. It has no bearing on the battle whatsoever? As long as you admit to the hacking it seems like a minute and unimportant detail to me.
If your opponent sends out a Roserade in a Great Ball, meaning it was captured instead of bred, it becomes clear that it lacks Spikes, Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder, or any other egg moves. If this isn't actually the case (i.e. the ball was changed) this may make the opponent do something they wouldn't otherwise do, affecting the outcome of the battle.

In my opinion, if you warn people about this ("My balls are hacked; don't assume I don't have egg moves"), it becomes the competitive equivalent of having everything in a Poké Ball since you can't tell if a Pokémon in a regular Ball was caught or bred.

Which move is better for this Clefable? Facade or Seismic Toss

Clefable@Toxic Orb
Magic Guard
252 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Facade/Seismic Toss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)