Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often is the Shoddy leader board updated? It seems like more then once a day would be a waste of effort, because more then likely people are gonna shift through out the day, unless EVERYONE on the leader board is undefeated.

If i were to use my shiny new Action replay to hack the event items (Oak's letter, Member's pass and junk) would the Pokemon still be considered legit? I mean like in Pearl, the pokemon are there, which has been proven with Tweaking the game. But if I hack the items, would they still be considered hacked too?

haunter

Banned deucer.
If i were to use my shiny new Action replay to hack the event items (Oak's letter, Member's pass and junk) would the Pokemon still be considered legit? I mean like in Pearl, the pokemon are there, which has been proven with Tweaking the game. But if I hack the items, would they still be considered hacked too?
I'm pretty sure the Pokemon will still considered legit.

When I put a male Torterra with the egg move curse into the day-care together with a ditto, does the Level 1 Turtwig also have the egg move?

-- Constant Super Effective Attacks --

Hi, i'm new to the forums and have a quick questions for anybody with more experience than myself.

I have a friend who has taught his team of pokemon elemental punches such as Ice Punch, Firepunch, Thunderbold/punch, (i think there is a 4th one or maybe he uses earthquake or a physical/special move to match ev'd strength on certian pokemon)

I think i'm up against rhyperior, medicham, electabuzz, Gallade, Magmortar and slaking.

Anyway my question is, are there certian pokemon that won't be affected so badly with all those elemental punches causeing Super Effective damage?

thankyou in advance very much and i've enyoyed reading the pokemon infos on smogon =)

@frogoholic101: Latias is neutral to SR and immune to Spikes and TSpikes, is a potent special attacker, and greatly benefits from the presence of Magnezone.

Thanks! What set should I use?
It depends because you've based your team on a Sandstorm Team I'm guessing. Latias will be taking a fair bit of damage per round so you may like to go bulky. Or you can just put Scarf on it to sweep whenever you get the chance.

Going on from Latias.
I love using Psycho Shift on Latias, is there any moves similar to this on different pokes?

haunter

Banned deucer.
When I put a male Torterra with the egg move curse into the day-care together with a ditto, does the Level 1 Turtwig also have the egg move?
yes

@MonkeyKing: walls like Hippowdon and Swampert won't take so much damage from the elemental punches, and Skarmory is only scared by stab thunder punches, though Electabuzz has a mediocre Atk stat. So you can consider these Pokemon in order to stall the threats you mentioned.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How often is the Shoddy leader board updated? It seems like more then once a day would be a waste of effort, because more then likely people are gonna shift through out the day, unless EVERYONE on the leader board is undefeated.
it's updated on a real-time basis.

It would keep struggling as it has to do something. I'll test it right now as a matter of fact. And I thought you were replying to your own post 0.0

Does Smogon have a thread dedicated to the discussion of Japanese metagame? It seems like this would be useful to people planning on competing in tournaments, and might give us a better perspective on our metagame.

I've just encountered a Choice Specs Alakazam with Future Sight. Earlier, I encountered a Seismic Toss Hypno with Future sight.

I wanted to know if Future Sight is a worthy option in these moveset?

I've just encountered a Choice Specs Alakazam with Future Sight. Earlier, I encountered a Seismic Toss Hypno with Future sight.

While an interesting move, future sight is basicallly pointless. On Alakazam, Psychic is so much better, as it gets STAB, and you actually have a say in who it hits. Same with Hypno. While it may seem like a nice move, its very easy for the opponent to predict around, and basically wastes your turn. There are much better options.

If I battled with someone over Wi-Fi or whatever and Fling-ed or Trick-ed an item onto the foe, when the battle was over would I get the item back?

A Specs Alakazam with Future Sight? That seems pretty weird, considering you couldn't do anything for the next two turns if you stayed in. I do not recommend that at all. I don't see how it would be useful, unless you managed to use it on something like Rhyperior before your opponent switched to Blissey (which wouldn't happen, as they would switch right away).

Hypno, same. I don't recommend it.

If I battled with someone over Wi-Fi or whatever and Fling-ed or Trick-ed an item onto the foe, when the battle was over would I get the item back?
Yes, it's just like the Battle Frontier. Any berries consumed or items tricked are returned to you.

1. ?

2. Emerald. You know the seed already (always zero), so no need to spend time finding it.

3. Yes. Actually it's much easier since you can use RAM addresses and savestates to find values and stuff instantly.
(Unfortunately I don't know the specifics. Since I'm trying to learn RNG on an emulator myself, can someone tell me what RAM addresses to watch, etc.?)

4. There is no official Sugimori artwork for shiny Pokemon. They were recolors of the original artwork.
If you're looking for that: http://gallery.gtsplus.net/turtwig
Awesome, thanks! Does anyone know if there's a youtube video somewhere about RNG abusing on an emulator?

Also, the "banned deucer" thing shows up when someone's banned, the word "deucer" just struck me as odd.

Last but not least, that link is great, bookmarked.

Thanks! What set should I use?
I would recommend one of the choice sets from the analysis. The Specs set is a bit better, although the scarf set would be helpful in dealing with DDMence since you have no priority user. You could also use a Calm Mind set:

Latias@Leftovers
Timid - 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Surf

This set has the moves for a potential sweep with decent bulk and recovery that allows you to fare better in sandstorm.

Is there an easy way to pass on natures and abilities through breeding?

I have been able to breed a roselia (More like a freakin' garden of Roselia to get the right nature) with a Timid Nature but am unable to get it to have the Natural Cure... Anybody have anything for me?

Is there an easy way to pass on natures and abilities through breeding?

I have been able to breed a roselia (More like a freakin' garden of Roselia to get the right nature) with a Timid Nature but am unable to get it to have the Natural Cure... Anybody have anything for me?
If you aren't abusing RNG, then you could abuse RNG, it makes it easier.

As for my question: What should I put my ev's in in a TR Breloom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)