Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the link on the front won't work, and I can't find the thread, so I'll ask it here since it's not exactly against what the rules said (from what I understand).

I have a teddiursa with 31 HP IVs, 31 in Atk, 30 in Def, 16 Sp. Atk, 6 Sp. Def, and 28 Speed. I was going to train a Swords Dance Ursaring, but it's hardy nature...should I do it anyway since it has great IVs?

I have a question my little brother wants to get in competitive battling and I dont really want to let him use my account since the last time I alowed him to use my account I got banned :(. So the question would I get infracted if my brother creates an account here since same IP same computer and the rules dont let create multiple account and I really dont have any way to prove that I have a little brother.

I was wondering how the breeding mechanics are working in HG / SS after applying the power items to the parents! I asked this question before but I cannot find my own post anymore (nub), because it could not be answered directly but I was redirected sort of to another section, but I cannot find that section here.

@ Kabuto Mushi...that is a Nike air max 1 sneaker right =)
It appears that it isn't a 100% chance to inherit IVs if you use two power items at once. It's something like a 75-80% chance that an IV will be inherited if both are equipped, if only one is equipped and paired with, say, an Everstone, it will be a 100% chance of inheriting that IV and a 50% chance of inheriting the nature. From my own experiences (something like 120 Skorupi/Gible eggs) these numbers seem to be pretty accurate.

I was on my way to EV my Groudon a few minutes ago. On the way, I ran into Raikou (haven't bothered to catch him on my SS), and instead of running away, I attacked him. He lived, got to about 1/5 of his health, and fled. He is still roaming, and I didn't KO him, but he ran away. Does Groudon receive the 2 Speed, and 1 Sp Attack EV from Raikou? Or does he just get no EVs from that battle at all? (I know that If the Pokemon doesn't gain experience, then it doesn't gain EVs, but I just want to make sure)

It appears that it isn't a 100% chance to inherit IVs if you use two power items at once. It's something like a 75-80% chance that an IV will be inherited if both are equipped, if only one is equipped and paired with, say, an Everstone, it will be a 100% chance of inheriting that IV and a 50% chance of inheriting the nature. From my own experiences (something like 120 Skorupi/Gible eggs) these numbers seem to be pretty accurate.
Yes, that's about right. It's 100% If one of the 2 Pokemon have a Power item that the corresponding IV will be passed, and 50 % chance the nature will be passed If the female is holding an Everstone.

Only one parent has to be holding a power item, unless you are trying to get a certain IV in 2 different stats. Also keep in mind that 3 random IV's are selected from one of the 12 IVs both parent's have.

I was on my way to EV my Groudon a few minutes ago. On the way, I ran into Raikou (haven't bothered to catch him on my SS), and instead of running away, I attacked him. He lived, got to about 1/5 of his health, and fled. He is still roaming, and I didn't KO him, but he ran away. Does Groudon receive the 2 Speed, and 1 Sp Attack EV from Raikou? Or does he just get no EVs from that battle at all? (I know that If the Pokemon doesn't gain experience, then it doesn't gain EVs, but I just want to make sure)
No EVs gained whatsoever, only if you KO the pokemon. Same deal with teleporting pokemon.
If you're really worried, save and use an EV reducing berry to check.

Thanks. And what about stacking it with chaining in Platinum?
The Masuda method has to do with breeding for shinies using international parents, not sure how it would stack with chaining for shinies.

i know that parafusion makes it impossible to attack 5/8th of the time, but what it the rate of not being able to attack for being under paralysis and being attracted?
Exact same odds.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Are Electivire and Magmortar good for Competitive Battle?

[I'm sort of new at this]
Electivire isn't very good in competitive battling because it's relying on the Motor Drive boost and it doesn't really have the power to sweep, relying on STAB Thunderpunch sucks. For Magmortar I'm going to assume you mean OU and say no, it's outclassed by the other OU Fire types Infernape and Heatran.

If my eevee evolves into Espeon at level 36, will it get a chance to learn both Baton Pass and Psybeam?

If it evolves before Baton Pass, it never gets to learn (or relearn) it, correct?

Just don't let it evolve before getting Baton Pass. But yeah, if it evolved right after the battle it reached 36, it will learn both attacks.
If it doesn't, just sacrifice a Heart Scale and get Psybeam as soon as it evolves.

in heartgold, are latias' nature and IVs set when you meet steven, or when you encounter latias for the first time, or are they different every time you challenge it?

I have a question my little brother wants to get in competitive battling and I dont really want to let him use my account since the last time I alowed him to use my account I got banned :(. So the question would I get infracted if my brother creates an account here since same IP same computer and the rules dont let create multiple account and I really dont have any way to prove that I have a little brother.
Probably not, lots of people have alts for laddering and doing other things like testing movesets and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)