Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a late answer, but I'd like to point out that azelf can't pull of taunt like say, gyara, as it does not have any bulkiness.
Although if you really want to Taunt opponents, I suggest Umbreon ! That's what I do (; Umbreon is a greaaaat Mean-Look passer, IMO, so taunt can be really effective for pwning stalls/walls . Mean Look -> Taunt -> Baton Pass , and Umbreon does (sorta) have the bulkiness to pull it off, its Sp.Def/Def are both great . The only bad side of this is its speed ;x

Although if you really want to Taunt opponents, I suggest Umbreon ! That's what I do (; Umbreon is a greaaaat Mean-Look passer, IMO, so taunt can be really effective for pwning stalls/walls . Mean Look -> Taunt -> Baton Pass , and Umbreon does (sorta) have the bulkiness to pull it off, its Sp.Def/Def are both great . The only bad side of this is its speed ;x
Umbreon has a very slow Taunt, and it's the only Mean Look Baton Pass user outside of Absol which is obviously frail and of course Smeargle. I really think Umbreon is overrated, and now that it moved up to OU, that verifies my opinion

So I know that you can abuse the tendencies of the RNG to obtain certain stats for pokemon you catch, but can you abuse the RNG's pattern during battles? If so, is it limited to one player or can you do it on wifi too?

Time for the late night question of the day...

How do you "cheat" at migrating Pokemon over again? It's been so so long since I've bothered (and messing around with the internal DS clock for SRing in 4th gen), I've completely forgot how...wasn't it something like inserting a 3rd gen cart you didn't mind getting locked out of for 24 hours (like say Ruby) and then just inserting the one you want to use (like Emerald) and it'll work then?

Shinryu:

Details are found in the Bulbapedia wiki:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pal_Park#Manipulation

Essentially, after completing a catching show, turn off the system, set the time to one day later, and insert a second Generation 3 game. The game will note that the restriction now applies to that game and not the previous game. Also note that there is no such restriction in the HeartGold and SoulSilver version.

Just want opinions on this Milotic moveset...

Modest @ Life Orb
Evs: 252 HP/168 Defense/88 Special Attack
Surf/Ice Beam/ Hypnosis or HP Electric/Recover
i would max out the special atack and use at least 16 speed evs on this milotic, its farly bulky by itself so there is no need to run a lot of defensive evs on a life orb set, you can take away the evs from hp to max out the special atack and the 16 speed evs and still have some left on the hp, i would use hp grass instead of hp eletric on the third slot because with life orb, max special atack you will be 2hkoing gyara with ice beam after SR has long he is not the bulky version, while hp grass will always ohko swampert who can survive about 3 surfs...talk about surf, i would consider hydro pump in there only because of the extra power and the fact it will ohko rotom and scizor.

Edit: Closed!

But Cipher Admin, have you ever considered not using Milotic? Even though it's obviously your favorite Pokémon, that doesn't make it any more usable. I would say that's a pretty big weakness to always use a favorite Pokémon, it limits your versatility and variety

But Cipher Admin, have you ever considered not using Milotic? Even though it's obviously your favorite Pokémon, that doesn't make it any more usable. I would say that's a pretty big weakness to always use a favorite Pokémon, it limits your versatility and variety
You can use your favorite Pokemon, as long as you find out its niche. Milotic is good at taking special hits so you should figure out a way to use that.

Master Ball, I'd answer your questions if I knew the answers.

What is the value of using Explosion in tournament play? I've noticed a lot of people suggesting that a Pokémon have Explosion as part of its move set... but if it knocks itself out, why even bother?

Unless it's used as a sort of "last resort" move, as in like, if my guy is down to 1HP, I use Explosion as a sort of "if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me" sort of thing? Otherwise, no one would bother using Explosion when it's not necessary?

first of all, explosion got MASSIVE power what is already enough reason to use, second, pokemons like double screen rain dance bronzong for example carry explosion because they only job is to set screens and rain, after he is done why even bother to keep him? just explode, kill the pokemon and send out some shit like kabutops.

explosion could be considered a last resort atack, but the why even bother part of your question pissed me off.

Lucalibur:
explosion could be considered a last resort atack

Ah ok! That answers that question then. Thanks!

but the why even bother part of your question pissed me off.

Now that's just plain rude.

nice meeting you too.

my question:would be possible for gamefreak to use anime songs on its games or the consoles like DS cant handle and can only use stuff like 8/16/32/64 bits?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my question:would be possible for gamefreak to use anime songs on its games or the consoles like DS cant handle and can only use stuff like 8/16/32/64 bits?
Play Elite Beat Agents. DS is fully capable of handling high quality music, but you are forgetting the big thing; copyright

Which is the best IV spread for a Bold Giratina that can use both sets in the analysis?
30/31/31/31/31/31
31/31/31/30/31/31
31/31/31/31/31/30
31/xx/31/31/31/31 (and don't use physical attacks at all)

So I've been hatching Gible eggs all day and it's kinda bugging me. (I don't RNG so I'm kinda paranoid about it's affects.)
Cycling up and down for like an hour and all I'm getting is the same natures. Relaxed, Docile, Serious, sometimes Hasty, sometimes Naughty. Over and over for like an hour. Can RNG freeze or get stuck or something?
I turn the game off and on again and start getting different natures. Most of the natures aren't what I'm looking for but the characteristics are mostly Alert to Sounds. Three times that I have managed to hatch a Jolly Gible they've all been Likes To Thrash about and they've all had the speed iv of 20-27.

So basically my question is am I having really bad luck or are ivs predetermined concerning RNG/Natures/Id numbers etc?

Both Pokémon in Daycare are wearing attack/speed bracers btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)