Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions about the Synchronize ability.
1. Will a pokemon with Synchronize make a wild pokemon have the same nature all the time?
2. What is the rate?
3. Also, I heard Synch won't work on roaming Legendaries? Is this true? Does this mean i have to Soft Reset til I get the nature I want?
1. No
2. 50%
3. Not sure.

I listened to Smogcast 2 and found it interesting. Since official pokemon tournoments are conducted in doubles, and smogon is a wesite devoted to singles strategy, where could I find info about doubles?

I'm just starting in the Metagame and I'm writing a Team but it seems kinda "empty". Like if they're all Sweepers and a Phazer.

Where should I start a Team? About what, and what should be in mind?

Is it impossible to pass on Earthquake to a Beldum, due to it being genderless? I tried veekun's breeding chain calculator, but no results.

beldum cant get egg moves, tms or anything like that because he just cant learn.

all the moves beldum can learn are iron defense, take down, iron head, zen headbutt and headbutt.

at least you can make some nice sexual jokes with those moves and beldum body.

Hopefully someone here can help me with RNG Abuse in HG/SS.

I have a frame of 3. I hit the Delay perfect. I call Elm and get all the the responses I need. So I know I'm doing it right. I put the parents in the daycare. Without moving I call Joey to advance the Frame by two. The I bike up and down from Goldenrode until the Daycare man has moved. I save in front of him. Receive the egg and still no shinny!!!
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong???

beldum cant get egg moves, tms or anything like that because he just cant learn.

all the moves beldum can learn are iron defense, take down, iron head, zen headbutt and headbutt.

at least you can make some nice sexual jokes with those moves and beldum body.
Well, I'm making a Metagross, so he's gonna have some more moves than that. But thanks! I guess I'll have to find an EQ TM, then. Won't bother to get 80 BP in Frontier.

I have a frame of 3. I hit the Delay perfect. I call Elm and get all the the responses I need. So I know I'm doing it right. I put the parents in the daycare. Without moving I call Joey to advance the Frame by two. The I bike up and down from Goldenrode until the Daycare man has moved. I save in front of him. Receive the egg and still no shinny!!!
Well, the way I did it (just now), I talked to Joey before putting the parents in the daycare. But the guide I was using said it didn't matter, so I dunno..

on DPP you can get the EQ tm on gible cave and in HGSS you can get on victory road(i think...) so as long you got and didnt used/never found then getting EQ for gross will be easy.

question:does the standard scizor is still 248/0 or are people using more specially defensive variants of those?

I have a Jirachi that is Hasty, and 31/31/31/29/31/31, and I want to use it based on Smogon analysis for the Physical Mixed set, and it gives an ev spread of 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 SpDef.

Since I only have a 29 IV in SpAtk, I am tempted to put the 4 SpDef EVs that are called for there instead. If I do, will I be at risk of getting OHKO'd by anything that wouldn't normally OHKO me with the 4 SpDef IVs?

on DPP you can get the EQ tm on gible cave and in HGSS you can get on victory road(i think...) so as long you got and didnt used/never found then getting EQ for gross will be easy.

question:does the standard scizor is still 248/0 or are people using more specially defensive variants of those?
Oh, thanks! I don't think I have the DPP one.

I'm just starting in the Metagame and I'm writing a Team but it seems kinda "empty". Like if they're all Sweepers and a Phazer.

Just quoting.

Any ideas?

EDIT: For a Physical Wall... Gliscor or Leafeon?

Trying now to breed a good Machop. I have both parents with x/31/x/x/31/31 and I am hoping to hatch a baby (i am SR'ing) with the passed down x/31/x/x/31/31 plus wto random 24+ IV's in HP and Def. However, I am having absolutely no luck. This is diamond version and I can never seem to get the right combo. The baby's almost always have the title "alert to sounds" as well, but not "somewhat vain" or "likes to thrash about". Am I doing something wrong here? Why is this taking so long?

Just quoting.

Any ideas?

EDIT: For a Physical Wall... Gliscor or Leafeon?
Gliscor is the far better choice becasue of it's better resistances & the fact that it isn't weak to Scizor (meaning it wont take SE damage from any of it's moves). Leafeon, however, is absolutely destroyed by U-Turn. Gliscor has 5 less base Def. than Leafeon but 10 more in HP, therefore giving it overall better defensive capabilites. (Gliscor also has 10 more SDef base as well.) Gliscor's abiliites are more more applicable in today's game as sun isn't out near as much as Sandstorm is. Also, add in that Leafeon's stab moves hit very few things for good damage in the current metagame that is replete with Steels and Dragons.

Most people don't play under Item Clause, and the Shoddy Battle ladder doesn't enforce it. If you're playing over Wi-Fi, I'd just assume that your opponent isn't playing under it unless they actually tell you that they use Item Clause. You can't have more than one unique item under Item Clause, so as long as Item Clause isn't in effect, you can run whatever items you want.

My question is still unanswered so I shall repost it once again.

Another random question... If a Pokemon has Cute Charm, Poison Point, or other contact abilities, will it work past a substitute?

For example: If a Poison Point Roserade used Substitute and the opposing Pokemon uses some sort of physical move, would the opposing Pokemon still have that 30% chance of being poisoned? Or does the Substitute make the physical attack NOT a contact move?

Also, I was wondering if the opposite happens. Let's say the opposing Pokemon used Substitute and attacks a Poison Point Pokemon, will the opposing Pokemon still have the chance of being poisoned?

I hope I made sense.

Eggs use the IRNG, not the RNG. In DPP, the IRNG was advanced using the coin flips, but in HGSS you have to advance it by rejecting eggs. In order to get the Egg frame of 3, you have to reject the first two eggs he offers. The third one will be shiny. I usually go for an egg frame of 1 to make things simpler on myself.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

If you want to make an offensive team, one method is to start with a pokemon that you know can sweep well if played correctly. This pokemon could be OU, UU, or even NU, but for a beginner to the OU metagame, I would advise choosing an OU sweeper that's powerful and can't be easily destroyed. This might be Dragonite, Starmie, Empoleon, or Salamence (though it might be uber soon). Then, find what it needs to sweep. For example, for Infernape, it needs screens or a free turn in which to setup Nasty Plot. Find pokemon that help your beginning pokemon sweep. Then find your pokemon's weaknesses, whether they be type weaknesses or strategical weaknesses. Then find those pokemon that counter the pokemon that have these moves or use these strategies, and cover those weaknesses. Reconcile the first list of pokemon that help you sweep with the second list of pokemon that cover weaknesses. That's an easier way to create an offensive team. Once you have the 6 pokemon, playtest the team, think of anything else you might want on the team, try it out and test, test, test. You get better with this over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)