Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, 2 or more Pokémon that have the same IDs are not necessarily clones... you could catch more than one of the same Pokémon with the same PID pretty easily by abusing the RNG on a non-legendary Pokémon.
Are you sure about that? Because I don't RNG abuse, I Pokésav, but from my Pokésav I can see that:
A Modest Male (Class 1) Probopass can have PIDs...
751368690 ...so on and so forth.

Any given Spinda can have one of 8,589,934,592 (including shiny and not shiny) patterns, however, you can only catch 524,288 of the shiny Spindas in each game save, because it is partially based on your TID and SID. The rest of what the Spinda looks like is determined by the SID, so if you were to catch a shiny Spinda, there would be over five hundred thousand different ones you could catch before you would find two identical ones. I use Spindas in this example because every Pokémon can have a huge amount of PIDs, but Spindas actually show their PID in a way.

you could catch more than one of the same Pokémon with the same PID pretty easily by abusing the RNG
If by this you mean intentionally catching one with a specific PID, then okay, I understand, if that isn't the case, then I find it extremely unlikely

I have a relaxed Meganium with flawless ivs for Hidden power Ice... Could someone help me decide on a good ev spread/set for OU?
I was thinking it could use Earthquake/Ice Beam/Leech Seed/Aromatherapy...

What say you guys?

If my Teddiursa has the ability, Pick Up. Will there be a chance, that the Ursaring will get Quick Feet?
No. The ability is based off of the PID, which doesn't change. A Teddiursa with Pick Up (Ability 0) will have Guts (Ability 0) as an Ursaring. It would have to have Quick Feet (Ability 1) to have Quick Feet when it evolved.

Alright. Thanks.

Also, I am finding trouble with this team. (I don't want a rate)

Is it possible to utilize a Psyhic who can wall in a Ninjask lead of a Offense team?

With the offense members being Miltank, Ursaring, and Weavile.

If my Teddiursa has the ability, Pick Up. Will there be a chance, that the Ursaring will get Quick Feet?
If you migrated it from a third-generation game (and evolve it on a fourth-generation game), there's a 50% chance the ability will change (based on its PID, which there's no direct way to discover without hacking but which can sometimes be worked out indirectly). Otherwise, it'll definitely keep its current ability.

Another simple question: Usually when i breed pokes, i usually start EV training and ignore the IV's. Now is this a bad habit that should be changed or could i still rack up some wins with the right nature/EV spreads/move sets? I read on an FAQ that breeding for the perfect IV's could take months of constant breeding....

Another simple question: Usually when i breed pokes, i usually start EV training and ignore the IV's. Now is this a bad habit that should be changed or could i still rack up some wins with the right nature/EV spreads/move sets? I read on an FAQ that breeding for the perfect IV's could take months of constant breeding....
Learn RNG abuse and then you could hatch something with these IV's:
31/31/31/31/31/31! :-D

Learn RNG abuse and then you could hatch something with these IV's:
31/31/31/31/31/31! :-D
Perfect thrity-one's! hmm i haven't heard much about this RNG abuse (I believe it stands for Random Number Generator). Can this be used In game or is it exclusive to battle sims/Shoddy Battle?

Is there any way to check EVs if I know the IVs?

edit- RNG is only used in-game, it has to do with breeding/catching Pokémon. In the sims, like SHoddy, everyone uses 31s to keep things even (except for Hidden Power).

I believe there is some EV calculators lying around online. Maybe on Smogon or Seribii (i hope i spelled it right). Remember, use the appropriate vitamins in conjunction with the pokerus/power items.

An easy way i keep track of EVs is obtain the right nature, infect my pokemon with the pokerus, equip power items/macho brace, and i begin defeating pokemon that give you one EV (e.g Starly one speed EV plus power item and pokerus= ten Spd EVs).

By doing that and using the App counter, it will help you keep track of your EV count (the app that has a button that has zero's on it) and you fight until you have defeated fifteen of the said Starly's, take off the power items/macho brace and kill one more. That's how i keep track anyways.

Also, keep a mental count just in case you space out or write it down on paper.

I believe there is some EV calculators lying around online. Maybe on Smogon or Seribii (i hope i spelled it right). Remember, use the appropriate vitamins in conjunction with the pokerus/power items.

An easy way i keep track of EVs is obtain the right nature, infect my pokemon with the pokerus, equip power items/macho brace, and i begin defeating pokemon that give you one EV (e.g Starly one speed EV plus power item and pokerus= ten Spd EVs).

By doing that and using the App counter, it will help you keep track of your EV count (the app that has a button that has zero's on it) and you fight until you have defeated fifteen of the said Starly's, take off the power items/macho brace and kill one more. That's how i keep track anyways.

Also, keep a mental count just in case you space out or write it down on paper.
Another strategy which is easier on the brain is to OHKO the Pokemon or switch to another pokemon that can OHKO it, and aim for a specific amount of PP on the attack you are using. So if you need 152 EVs and an attack with 20 PP, fight one enemy with nothing but Pokerus (2 EVs) and then fight until your PP hits 4 left and stop.

Thanks guys but I don't mean keeping track of EVs as I train. I have guys that have been fully trained about a year ago, i just can't find my papers where I kept track of the EVs. The way you can type in stats online and figure out the IVs of a high level Pokémon, is there a way to find the EVs of one that's already been trained?

You might as well give it 252 EVs across the board if you already hacked it to have Ice Beam. :/
I'm really tired... silly! I said I gave it Hidden power Ice, so just forgive my error... God, I got it from Aroma Flora--don't accuse me of blatantly hacking! Someone compared it to Swampert minus the stealth rock, so I out Ice Beam... Now are you going to answer the question or not?

Thanks guys but I don't mean keeping track of EVs as I train. I have guys that have been fully trained about a year ago, i just can't find my papers where I kept track of the EVs. The way you can type in stats online and figure out the IVs of a high level Pokémon, is there a way to find the EVs of one that's already been trained?
You can only find EVs if you know your current stat and the Pokemon's IVs.

Or you could use a hacking device to find out.

I'm really tired... silly! I said I gave it Hidden power Ice, so just forgive my error... God, I got it from Aroma Flora--don't accuse me of blatantly hacking! Someone compared it to Swampert minus the stealth rock, so I out Ice Beam... Now are you going to answer the question or not?
I was joking.

Anyways, a long time ago I tried using Meganium in OU. It wasn't a particularly good wall/tank because it's weaknesses are easily taken advantage of and it can't really get hits in unless you somehow force a switch, which is unlikely. I guess I'd use Counter over HP Ice because I'm not sure what you'd hit with HP Ice that can't outrun you and inflict severe damage on you.

With sufficient investment in Speed (which would ideally use a Bold Nature), I'd recommend Energy Ball/Grass Knot for outrunning CB Swampert (which iirc is the fastest variant that sees any use) / Gliscor (which rarely carries Aerial Ace or U-Turn as far as I'm aware).

I'm a bit curious, and I just wanted to know:

How do you get on the Battle Tower Leaderboard for the Wifi challenge?

EDIT: And I don't mean this leaderboard. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)