Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Why does Togekiss have a higher attack stat than normal...

Should have 136 with no EVs neutral nature... but has 204 attack on Shoddy.

i have a problem with the HG/SS moves, i know smogon's shoddy has them built in but the new moves dont come up when i wanna create a team, why is this?

Can I have the link to the top OU leads on shoddy, thanks.
I would aslo apreciate that link, but anyways ive been tryin to go on a random metronome battle with my friend but i cant manage to start it, I uncheck all the clauses and only select the metronome one, then click on challenge, after that the game allways tells me my friend withrew the challenge, any way to solve this issue?

I get this error message:

An error occured while reading a message from the server: Connection reset

Disconnect from the server? (Try again at least once.)
What do i do? This happens every time I try to find a match in Shoddy.

i tried too have aqua jet and seismic toss on one move set but it said it was illegal but gave no further explanation. why is that? i couldnt find anything.

I'm new here, been reading the forums for a fix to this problem regarding Shoddy Battle, tried everything that was posted but nothing works...
When i run the install file i get Unable to Lunch application.
I tried:
Changing java versions,
Redownloading the file,
Updating to newest java version,
Clearing cashe,
Running through run command...
Nothing worked...Could anyone help? I'm running Windows 7 x64 pro edition.

EDIT: this is the ecception i get

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.mapSignersToCodeSource(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.mapSignersToCodeSources(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.getCodeSources(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.getCodeSources(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JavaUtilJarAccessImpl.getCodeSources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.DeployCacheJarAccessImpl.getCodeSources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
how do I join the little cup metagame on shoddy?
CAP server

i have a problem with the HG/SS moves, i know smogon's shoddy has them built in but the new moves dont come up when i wanna create a team, why is this?
See my response on the previous page. You must select "smogon university " as you create a new team.

alright I just recently got a new laptop and am having trouble downloading shoddy. Each time I attempt to run it it just says "failed to find the sprite loader, redownload the jnlp file." then, whenever I attempt to log on, I immeadiately disconnected and told "an error has occured reading a message from the server: null. any help is appreciated

@The Hitman - By putting 2 + 2 together I got this: Since shoddy downloads sprites, and you were dicconnected I have a conclusion: Your internet went out, or you lost connection.

my connection seems perfectly fine, so IDK. I'm a computer nub though, so thanks anyway. BTW the computer runs Windows 7 if that helps. anybody?

Okay, well yesterday Shoddy was working perfectly fine, but since this morning I can't seem to connect. When I press the Log In button, it looks like it's pressed and then it reverts back to being able to be pressed, but I can't log in. Anyone know a solution?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it working by just messing around with some Java updates, Plug-ins, and deleting some useless stuff.

First post, yay! ^_^
Erm, I'm new to this whole Shoddy Battle thing AND I'm a complete computer noob, so of course I'm gonna have questions.
I don't really care about the whole competitive bit, and from what I can gather there are different servers(?) for different tiers. Is there somewhere where people can just use whatever Pokes they want to battle with? Or are we restricted to teams of one tier Pokes only?
*cowers in corner*

First post, yay! ^_^
Erm, I'm new to this whole Shoddy Battle thing AND I'm a complete computer noob, so of course I'm gonna have questions.
I don't really care about the whole competitive bit, and from what I can gather there are different servers(?) for different tiers. Is there somewhere where people can just use whatever Pokes they want to battle with? Or are we restricted to teams of one tier Pokes only?
*cowers in corner*
Ah, well, there aren't really different servers for each tier, but you can choose the tier in which you want to battle on the ladder (the tab labeled "Find"). In a given tier, any Pokemon of that tier or below is allowed, so anything is allowed in the top tier (Uber).

Ah, well, there aren't really different servers for each tier, but you can choose the tier in which you want to battle on the ladder (the tab labeled "Find"). In a given tier, any Pokemon of that tier or below is allowed, so anything is allowed in the top tier (Uber).
Aah, 'kay. Thanks very much! I haven't installed Shoddy yet so I wasn't really sure how it worked...

a few questions...

1) what are IVs and what do i enter for them?
2) what is the 0/510 which appears on every team builder pokemon page?
3) does shiny makes a difference?
4) does male or female make a difference?
5) what does the PP Ups tab do? is 3 the best?

thanks for enlightening!

pkmmaster 05 -
1. I reccomend you not mess with them unless they're red.
2. 0/510 are the EVs you used. Put them in the stats you want. The stats can hold a max of 252 EVs.
3. Shiny doesnt make a difference
4. Gender doesnt make a difference
5. PPups increase the PP of moves. 3 Is standard here.

pkmmaster 05 -
1. I reccomend you not mess with them unless they're red.
2. 0/510 are the EVs you used. Put them in the stats you want. The stats can hold a max of 252 EVs.
3. Shiny doesnt make a difference
5. PPups increase the PP of moves. 3 Is standard here.
thanks! so what do i do if one is red or something?

If someone is blue, or has a * near their name, they are a mod. They can kick you off the server, or ban you from the server.
If someone is red, or has ** near their name, they are an admin. They can make mods, and ban mods. They can also change the server in general. I suggest that you do what these people say.

If someone is gray, they are away and don't want to battle. If someone is gray with *, or **, they are an away mod, or admin.

There is a single instance in which it matters, and that is if your opponent uses attract. Nobody in their right mind will try it, as it's so unreliable, but I've still run into it a couple of times

thanks! so what do i do if one is red or something?
When you save your team, it will give you a set of options you have. Pick the stat you can stand to decrease.

OK, I'm trying to connect to the Smogon server in Shoddy, but it keeps giving me a message saying "an error occurred while attempting to connect to the server: connection reset". Is this a problem with my computer, or with the Smogon server?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)