Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a stupid question but here goes, well if you evolve a pokemon earlier will it have higher stats at level hundred, for example evolving pikachu wit a thunderstone at level 1 or evolving it wit the stone at level 20 will they have the same states at level hundred if they both had same ivs and same ev training
Final stats will be the same.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If a pokemon has a substitute up and uses Endure, can the substitute be broken?

Yes. The only advantage of using Endure behind a Substitute is for 2v2 with multiple Pokemon targeting your Pokemon and multi-hit moves.
Steps.

Okay, your opinion: HP Ice or HP Fire on Gengar? I want fire, personally, as I have very little in the way of fire coverage on my team.

You'll generally want Ice. Think about it this way: What will you be hitting with HP Fire that you don't already hit with Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, HP Ice, or whatever other moves you have? Hidden Power Ice really covers the more dangerous Pokemon like Salamence and Garchomp better.
ok i have a stupid question but here goes, well if you evolve a pokemon earlier will it have higher stats at level hundred, for example evolving pikachu wit a thunderstone at level 1 or evolving it wit the stone at level 20 will they have the same states at level hundred if they both had same ivs and same ev training

When you evolve a Pokemon has no effect on its stats.

Obi said:
You'll generally want Ice. Think about it this way: What will you be hitting with HP Fire that you don't already hit with Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, HP Ice, or whatever other moves you have? Hidden Power Ice really covers the more dangerous Pokemon like Salamence and Garchomp better.
Yeah, that's true... but I already have one or two Icers (Cressy, maybe Assassin Yanmega) on my team and no fire moves. :/ I dunno, I just don't want to be walled by any steels...

Not if it's Skarm/Gross/Zong, though.
Skarmory is covered by Thunderbolt. Gross and Zong are hit nearly as hard by Shadow Ball (only 20 less power) and with Fighting, you gain the ability to hit Tyranitar, Blissey, and Rhyperior harder.

Is a Pikachu with a Light orb or a Jolteon that can remove the Electric weakness under rain better? Both of them can abuse Thunder's 100% accuracy.

do you mean light ball for pikachu and i think jolteon would be better since its faster with a 130 base speed compared to pikachu's 90 but pikachu could be good since it can have surf wich is more powerful in the rain but a faster pokemon would kill pikachu

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
If you need an Electric resist, Jolteon is definitely better with that neat Volt Absorb. Pikachu is so fragile that it will take enormous damage from even Thunderbolts.

Would you rather use Choice Specs or Choice Scarf on a Heatran? Both seem to have their merits, but I need to hear other people's opinion.

In general opinion, what is the best non-hazing CM Suicune counter?
Well Vaporeon walls it totally if it doesn't have Ice Beam.

Danigi said:
Would you rather use Choice Specs or Choice Scarf on a Heatran? Both seem to have their merits, but I need to hear other people's opinion.
Scarf is more versatile and easier to use.

For non phazing CMcune, it does depend on the moveset. I know CM blissey can CM up with it and then tbolt for SE damage, but Rest tends to mess that up, and Pressure means cune usually outstalls. Bascially, a good special wall that resists Surf. Status effects don't hurt, but again, Rest messes that up. A general CMcune set is probably Surf/CM/Rest/Sleep Talk. So if you can manage to bring in a sweeper that can take a hit from boosted Surf after Cune Rests, you might be able to set up and KO. Alternately you can bring in a phazer of your own on the Rest.

I use Specs on my Ran.

Is there a list on all 'bounce back moves'?

As in the ones that Mirror Coat affects?

If there is (someone told me there is..), can you please link/direct me.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Mirror Coat affects special moves, Counter affects physical moves. Both have negative priority and bounces back the appropriate attacks with 2 times the damage that the attack inflicted. Metal Burst affects both types of moves, but does not have priority (user must go last normally to use) and reflects attacks at 1.5 times the damage inflicted.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, yes, and yes. I might be sticking Weezing in there, though, so that would give me poison.

ihcati- well, I would have Focus Blast already, though.

Heh, my point was supposed to be that you don't need certain move types, necessarily, but rather, the ability to wall Pokemon. I have never thought "Man, I need more Ice moves!" I have, however, thought, "I need a way to stop Salamence".

In general opinion, what is the best non-hazing CM Suicune counter?

If Suicune doesn't have Roar, Belly Drum Poliwrath can really screw with it. If it does, CB Poliwrath can Focus Punch it (since the set is generally 4 of Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Surf, and Roar). CB Heracross can smash it with Megahorn or Close Combat (Megahorn helps by not reducing your Special Defense, but obviously has lower accuracy).

I use Specs on my Ran.

Is there a list on all 'bounce back moves'?

As in the ones that Mirror Coat affects?

If there is (someone told me there is..), can you please link/direct me.

Assuming you mean Magic Coat... http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26660 Ctrl+F Magic Coat.

In regards to Technician:

1- Technician first powers up the move, then Life orb/Silk Scarf kicks in

-or-

2- Life Orb/Silk Scarf kick even, negating Technician on certain moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)