Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything about the Manaphy Egg is determined when you recieve the egg, otherwise Manaphy would never be used.

in the dp anaylisis it suggests 80 evs for a set like that it says it will outspeed max speed scarf heracross but i dont know if thats after protect or before but i dont think you should do max speed unless its choice band ninjask

I looked there before, it does indeed out speed Heracross.

yeaa and with that ev spread of 80 and assuming perfect iv you would have 413 speed and then you do protect and get a speed boost making it 514 i think, beating most scarf users that dont use a +speed nature

EDIT: i think its speed would actually be higher then 514 but it will still beat most choice scarf users

For anyone who's used Leafeon competitively I need to ask a few questions:

1. Is it any good? Is it worth using?
2. What is the best set that utilizes Wish?
3. What are some good Pokemon that can abuse the Swords Dance Pass?

For anyone who's used Leafeon competitively I need to ask a few questions:

1. Is it any good? Is it worth using?
2. What is the best set that utilizes Wish?
3. What are some good Pokemon that can abuse the Swords Dance Pass?
I've used it and it works pretty well.

[SET]
name: Wish Support
move 1: Leaf Blade
move 2: Wish
move 3: Protect
move 4: Yawn
item: Leftovers
nature: Impish
evs: 252hp/20def/236spd

Though, I also like Wish/Swords Dance/Baton Pass/Leaf Blade with similar EV's

anything that uses physical attacks and isn't a wall. Garchomp, Tyranitar, Weavile, as well as others.

One really strange question that could actually make Torterra usable:

Has anybody tried Scarf-ing it?
I haven't personally tried, but I don't think I would. It cant hit 350 Speed, so you still lose to really fast stuff, and you lose tons of attacking power and only limit yourself to one move. Also, it takes a huge toll on your EVs, that could go into his sturdiness. It could work as a surprise factor, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I haven't personally tried, but I don't think I would. It cant hit 350 Speed, so you still lose to really fast stuff, and you lose tons of attacking power and only limit yourself to one move. Also, it takes a huge toll on your EVs, that could go into his sturdiness. It could work as a surprise factor, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Yeah, I was just looking at Pokes in my box, and realized I had extra Choice Scarfs.

Think it might be pretty funny though, but guess Torterra is stuck as a wall.

Hello, I have a question regarding Heat Rock and Big Root, it's basically the same for both.

My guesses are:
1) They only work for the Pokemon that holds it and as long as it stays in battle.
2) They work for the Pokemon that holds it but the effect remains even if that Pokemon is switched.
3) They work even if a Pokemon doesn't know the move (Sunny Day, and say, Leech Seed). So if Sunny Day is in effect and a random Pokemon with Heat Rock switches in, there will be +3 turns to Sunny Day.

Which is the right one? :)
BTW, Big Root does work with Leech Seed, right?

Thanks!

Hello, I have a question regarding Heat Rock and Big Root, it's basically the same for both.

My guesses are:
1) They only work for the Pokemon that holds it and as long as it stays in battle.
2) They work for the Pokemon that holds it but the effect remains even if that Pokemon is switched.
3) They work even if a Pokemon doesn't know the move (Sunny Day, and say, Leech Seed). So if Sunny Day is in effect and a random Pokemon with Heat Rock switches in, there will be +3 turns to Sunny Day.

Which is the right one? :)
BTW, Big Root does work with Leech Seed, right?

Thanks!
ok big root works with leech seed and if the pokemon switches out big root doesnt work wit the switch in

for heat rock if the pokemon switches out it stays the same so #2 is correct for that idk about if other pokes use heat rock and switch in but i think thats a no

there is a discrepancy between sites as to what power level works for attacks and the boost from technician

this site states that the technician boost activates for moves with 61 or less power

where as

marriland states that technicians bost works for moves with 70 or less power

which is it? - both sites are considered reliable for their information, so I'm at a loss

thanks

there is a discrepancy between sites as to what power level works for attacks and the boost from technician

this site states that the technician boost activates for moves with 61 or less power

where as

which is it? - both sites are considered reliable for their information, so I'm at a loss

thanks
smogon is correct

can Weezing use a Modest Nature, instead of Calm in the standard Special attacker set? and what would I use for a standard set in that. Since the standard for that was Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball/Explosion/Fire Blast

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

where as

thanks

It actually says less than 61, which is just shorthand for 60 or less. It's not 61 or less (which does matter, as it won't boost a variable power move that has 61 power, but it will boost, say, Water Spout when it has 60 power).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)