Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a stupid question, but... How does Wifi trading work? Will something notify me when I have a trade pending or do I wait somewhere? Furthermore, what's a giveaway and what am I supposed to trade in return for the givaway?

Novatek: With wifi trading, you and the person must be registered in each others pal pads and you must be online at the same time.

For giveaways you can trade anything you want (you're too late to sign up for that Jolteon giveaway btw).

Go to the counter under the pokemon center, and connect to nintendo wfc. You will then see a screen that shows you everyone registered in your pal pad who is also connected.

From there you can invite people to battle or trade. If you trade with someone you will be taken to a screen where you can see each others teams.

You then select the pokemon on your team you want to offer and your friend will do the same, the game will ask you to confirm the trade and then the pokemon you selected will be immediately traded with the pokemon your friend selected.

I am getting a (calm) shaymin for competitive battle. I plan on this being the moveset:

Seed Flare
Leech Seed
Grasswhistle
Aromatherapy or Synthesis

Which should i use- Aromatherapy or Synthesis. I need an aromatherapist, but Synthesis is a good way of healing up. Opinions needed.

On the Palpad, does the name not matter? Because I see a lot of people having nameless FCs in their sigs.

@above: Aromatherapy is pretty useless on Shaymin with Natural Cure, so I'd say go with Synthesis.

You might have a 0 HP IV. The code doesn't like 0 IVs much, and deletes all the TMs after it.
The TMs were all there, and I tried it on about 6 Pokes, and some said "often dozes off." I was breeding with NC's 31/31/x/x/x/31 jolly Ditto and a male 31/31/x/x/x/31 Spearow, so they had to have 31 HP- the ones that said "often dozes off", that is.

Can anyone else help to see what I'm doing wrong? D:

On the Palpad, does the name not matter? Because I see a lot of people having nameless FCs in their sigs.

@above: Aromatherapy is pretty useless on Shaymin with Natural Cure, so I'd say go with Synthesis.
Yeah, but the thing with aromatherapy is it heals all the pokemon in your party of status- not just your own. Other opinions?

The TMs were all there, and I tried it on about 6 Pokes, and some said "often dozes off." I was breeding with NC's 31/31/x/x/x/31 jolly Ditto and a male 31/31/x/x/x/31 Spearow, so they had to have 31 HP- the ones that said "often dozes off", that is.

Can anyone else help to see what I'm doing wrong? D:
When are you pressing start+select? You're supposed to press it when the black screen shows up right after you press "A" to look at the pokemon summary. Hopefully that's clear enough. It should work because this is what I do when I borrow my friend's AR and this is how he does it as well.

Does Thunder/Ice punching Draggy suck or something? Or just completely overshadowed by DDOutrage sets? Elemental Punch Draggy was all the rage during the theorymon phase leading up to the release of D/P.

Yeah, but the thing with aromatherapy is it heals all the pokemon in your party of status- not just your own. Other opinions?
I'd say grass whistle sucks most. 55% acc shouldn't even be usable.

Psychic can be another move to deal with those that resist seed flare. Hidden Power ice/fire is also nice.

Consider Rest because it has natural cure and shaymin is quite bulky.

I'd say grass whistle sucks most. 55% acc shouldn't even be usable.

Psychic can be another move to deal with those that resist seed flare. Hidden Power ice/fire is also nice.

Consider Rest because it has natural cure and shaymin is quite bulky.
Thanks for the advice. I'll ditch grasswhistle. I'm going to check my Shaymin's HP and see if 'Iz Nice!'

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Even though I'm still beating Team Rocket on Silph Co., I want to know which legends I must SR for first. Moltres was already taken by Kenshin (HP, Sp. Def and Sp. Attack could be way higher, though), Davy has an amazing Calm Articuno (with HP 59, however), and no one has Zapdos (and it's a shame it doesn't get Baton Pass in Fire Red).

And of course, there's always Mewtwo, but it's not like Smogon doesn't have any Mewtwos...

When are you pressing start+select? You're supposed to press it when the black screen shows up right after you press "A" to look at the pokemon summary. Hopefully that's clear enough. It should work because this is what I do when I borrow my friend's AR and this is how he does it as well.
It just turns out I was pressing it at the wrong time. You gotta press it before you go to the little tab that let's you check the summary, switch the order, item, etc. You gotta keep holding it until you get into the summary, and that's it.

I got it all figured out now, but thanks. :P

Mario With Lasers

My simple questions is...

MwL are you still breeding clefables =P?
Yeah, restarted the project last Saturday. Just stopped again because I REALLY want to beat this damn Kanto E4... And because I got some breeding projects in Diamond. But, according to my calcs, it will just take 60 hours to get a quad-flawless Cleffa with Magic Guard. I just need to stop for a day (week...) and breed like crazy again. It won't be that much difficult anymore, the main problem is getting all those Battle Points.

Even though I'm still beating Team Rocket on Silph Co., I want to know which legends I must SR for first. Moltres was already taken by Kenshin (HP, Sp. Def and Sp. Attack could be way higher, though), Davy has an amazing Calm Articuno (with HP 59, however), and no one has Zapdos (and it's a shame it doesn't get Baton Pass in Fire Red).

And of course, there's always Mewtwo, but it's not like Smogon doesn't have any Mewtwos...
You should get a better Hasty Mewtwo than Dawn with Selfdestruct and Ice Punch(=. Yeah for continuing Clefables again!

AND IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH WIFI?

Mario With Lasers

Mewtwo with Selfdestruct and Ice Punch(=.
I can only get Ice Punch, because I don't have XD. I could lend my game to a some friend who has it, though.

And any opinions on the birds? They're the first legends I will come by, I could try to soft-reset for one of them before getting more Master Balls from my Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)