Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people keep skipping my questions T_T

Who has the best Metagross, Jirachi, Dusknoir, and Snorlax on Smogon? And what are their IV's?

I couldn't tell you, Yoko. However I just finished breeding an Adamant 31/31/22/23/31/4 Metang with IP, TP, and Explosion. Not sure if you would want to trade though.

It all seems ok. You have checked that the ditto has 31 spd right? And the Breeder man only says the highest IV, so if it was x/x/x/31/x/31 he will randomly pick one to say, and may continue to say that one for some time :)

...Ben
Well I haven't had the chance to talk to him. If a staryu has 31 speed ivs, at lvl 5 it should have a speed stat of 16. (in meatlkids and serebii it says if at lvl 5 it has 15 points then its 10-29[The ivs] and if it its 16 then its ivs are 30-31) And I haven't had a single 16 speed stat timid staryu. BTW 16 is only for + nature 30 or 31 ivs staryu's =P.

Well I haven't had the chance to talk to him. If a staryu has 31 speed ivs, at lvl 5 it should have a speed stat of 16. (in meatlkids and serebii it says if at lvl 5 it has 15 points then its 10-29[The ivs] and if it its 16 then its ivs are 30-31) And I haven't had a single 16 speed stat timid staryu. BTW 16 is only for + nature 30 or 31 ivs staryu's =P.
My only advice is to keep going. The RNG in emerald is a little..strange.. I'm breeding dunsparces ATM and they all have naughty/lax natures (going for adamant)
...Ben

I just got a Timid 18/9/11/13/10/16 Staryu :D. Im going to go to Breeder to see if that 13/16 are 31/31 ...

EDIT: It was just flawless in speed and not in sp.atk :( Back to breeding. Man the Emerald RNG is evil.

@ zukirin: Are you sure that you used baton pass and didn't just accidentally switch? That has happened to me before... @Gemerl: Your game isn't glitched, all imported pokes have a chance to change abilities upon evolution, not just the ones that got new abilities. Your bronzong will not change no levitate if you reset. It might have some novelty trade value still, or you could rebreed it (or a clone) in d/p (or in rse, but the same thing could happen again).

I need a list of good Paralysis inducers who would support Breloom well. Preferably one that resists Flying, Ice, Fire, and Psychic or as many of those as possible.

I need a list of good Paralysis inducers who would support Breloom well. Preferably one that resists Flying, Ice, Fire, and Psychic or as many of those as possible.
Gyarados can learn Thunder Wave through move tutors.

Regigigas can easily spray Thunder Wave around. It can take many hits, and has Confuse Ray.

Lanturn, Jirachi, Magnezone, Blissey...

STAB = Same Type Attack Boost. If an attack's type corresponds with the user's type, it gets a 1.5 times boost. And I think a/o means and/or...

Since I'm in this group I cant edit my posts, I meant to say what does STAB stand for a/o what does it mean, thanks though.

Question -
If I raised a pokemon to level 40ish, and then evolved it and raised it to level 100, would it still have the same stats as if I had evolved it at an earlier level?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Before I make a thread on this, I have a somewhat large question to ask all of you.

I'm trying to recreate my infamous BL Trick Room team with my available resources. I haave already made a couple of revisions, but one stands out: with my lack of Wi-fi, I have no access to Wish Hypno. And I know someone on Smogon who has a Bold Wish Drowzee available for trade, which makes me want to cry.

I'm looking for a suitable replacement for it, and according to Serebii's moveset calculator, the only other Pokemon that can learn Trick Room, Wish, and Hypnosis are Gardevoir, Spinda and Chimecho (and Smeargle x_x). I'd like my replacement to be of the same type so I expose as little holes as possible in my defense. Neither are bulky enough for me, as Gardevoir has awful HP and physical defense and I'd like my Trick Room set-up to take a couple of hits from both sides, and Chimecho is completely outclassed by Gardevoir. However, I have Porygon2 on the team, and an additional Tracer is just nice and sick. Chimecho has Levitate, though, letting it switch in to one of the most overused physical attacks.

But my replacement doesn't have to know Hypnosis. The list instantly expands when I searched for the Pokemon that can learn just Wish and Trick Room. Jirachi is OU, affected by strict legends clause in-game (D':), and I do not have access to it besides. Espeon was a propect with the alternative Yawn, but is quite fragile and is far too fast to take advantage of TR. It hits extremely hard and my team needs a suitable special sweeper to an extent.

What I'm asking you guys is what I should end up using. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Espeon vs. Gardevoir (and possibly Chimecho, for the reason listed above), but there might be other propects I haven't looked at, especially ones that can take hits from both sides of the spectrum to set up properly. Mostly a majority special wall, since P2 covers physical attacks. The rest of my team depends on Wish for quick healing, which is why I've put emphasis on it.

I will make a thread if this question is too pressing to be answered here. Also, for reference and to better help you, my entire team including the old Hypno in an old thread can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31575
Note I've made additional changes to the team since. Thanks in advance for your help. =)

when I try to upload an avatar from mycomputer, I click save avatar settings, and it gives me the page you get when ur not connected to the internet. my original thought was maybe it was the size was too big, but the image is a pokemon sprite mix from pe2k, avatar size. What's going on?

How is it possible to get both mach punch and bullet punch on an untouched level 1 tyrogue as egg moves? I'm a little bit thrown off with StormFTW's tyrogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)