Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that hacked pokemon are different than regular, and are unquestionably evil, but as for hacked items, is there any difference?

Yes, in Emerald you can get to tiangle island? Or something along the lines of that, and SR for deoxes at lvl 30. So it is possible to be in a master ball.
Hmm, I just have a feeling that the event to get the ticket was before emerald was released, so you'd have to hack the ticket, I may be wrong though. Thanks anyhow!
...Ben

So AR hacked hold items are accepted? Like if I went and hacked in Leftovers x 999, would it be perfectly fine for me to start battling others over Wi-Fi with them? Does the same hold true for trading them?

So AR hacked hold items are accepted? Like if I went and hacked in Leftovers x 999, would it be perfectly fine for me to start battling others over Wi-Fi with them? Does the same hold true for trading them?
Yea, it would be ok to use those lefties.

Is it possible in ANY way to transfer Pokemon from my VBA Emulator to my DS? Even if it means buying a cord or something to connect I'm happy to do this, but can someone please tell me what I would need to do this (if it is possible)?

In general (as in supposing any can fit on my team), which is a better mixed sweeper: Lucario or Infernape?

I can probably guess which one people will suggest.

If neither are great though, I'm open to other suggestions.

EDIT: Or should I just stick with a Second Special sweeper in Houndoom? (Scarf'd BTW)n

How would one go about putting the save file of your Diamond/Pearl game onto your R4? If anyone has a Revolution for D/S, please help me out.

lostinthought: No idea what your team is so these questions are not great. But generally I will say Nape would be better MixSweeper because of its speed can do better at breaking down walls and is much harder to wall because of that speed, better STABs and movepool.

I like to have one MixSweeper on every team, just to break down walls and pressure your opponent. Cresselia is the Pokemon that counters MOST MixSweepers, and I like to use Houndoom or TTar to counter Cress. It's just a strategy I commonly incorporate into a lot of teams, more or less, or something similiar.

And Demon of Sand, HP Electric is for Waters that otherwise resist Ice Beam AND Surf. Grass Knot is also an option, but isn't as reliable at all, and also without HP Electric Slowbro can't counter Gyara (with HP Electric he makes an awesome Gyara Counter). Also with the suggested moveset (Surf/Ice Beam/HP Electric/Slack Off) he has the awesome BoltBeam combination only resisted by like two Pokemon, as well as Surf for STAB, his highest Base Power move

Is it possible in ANY way to transfer Pokemon from my VBA Emulator to my DS? Even if it means buying a cord or something to connect I'm happy to do this, but can someone please tell me what I would need to do this (if it is possible)?
Don't trust me on this because I haven't tried it myself, a friend told me that if you used an R4DS to play Pokemon D/P and you had another flashcart in the slot 2 (he uses EZ 3-in-1 or something like that) then it could recognize the roms in the slot 2 card as a GBA inserted game, but only if you patched the roms (I don't know if you needed to path the GBA ROM, the DS ROM or both). So I think that you could copy your save file from your PC to the slot 2 card and if the file is named the same as the ROM and it is saved in a compatible format then it should recognize it as its own save data.
So you would need:
- Slot 1 flash cart: R4DS, M3DS simply, etc.
- Slot 2 flash cart: EZ 3-in-1, M3, etc.

TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK OF LOSING YOUR MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT MIGHT NOT WORK :S

lostinthought: No idea what your team is so these questions are not great. But generally I will say Nape would be better MixSweeper because of its speed can do better at breaking down walls and is much harder to wall because of that speed, better STABs and movepool.

I like to have one MixSweeper on every team, just to break down walls and pressure your opponent. Cresselia is the Pokemon that counters MOST MixSweepers, and I like to use Houndoom or TTar to counter Cress. It's just a strategy I commonly incorporate into a lot of teams, more or less, or something similiar.
Sorry for not posting my team, I'm still not sure if that would end up becoming an RMT.

Thanks for the help though. It really helped me figure out what to configure on my team :)

Nobody answered this, and now it's buried in the thread and people aren't seeing it, so please forgive me for reposting/asking this question again:
If I trade with someone so that their Porygon 2 will evolve and I don't have the national dexter, when I do get the national dexter will I have an entry for Porygon-Z? Furthermore, say I did not have the national dexter but was traded a Hitmonchan and a Tyrogue. If the right conditions were met, would the Tyrogue evolve into Hitmonchan, or would it not?

Nobody answered this, and now it's buried in the thread and people aren't seeing it, so please forgive me for reposting/asking this question again:
If I trade with someone so that their Porygon 2 will evolve and I don't have the national dexter, when I do get the national dexter will I have an entry for Porygon-Z? Furthermore, say I did not have the national dexter but was traded a Hitmonchan and a Tyrogue. If the right conditions were met, would the Tyrogue evolve into Hitmonchan, or would it not?
I'm sorry, but "national dexter"? I find that amusing.

Seriously though, when you get the national dex any non-Sinnoh stuff you've previously had will appear right away in the national dex. It was like this in Ruby/Sapphire as well, I had sent over a fair few Colosseum Pokemon, but they weren't numbered or in the dex. After I did a trade with FR/LG when they came out, I got the national dex in R/S and all of the Colosseum guys were already in there.

Lack of national dex also won't stop evolution, that was only in FR/LG to stop you getting stuff like Crobat and Blissey in the story part, where it's trying to be as close to R/B as it can, and those guys didn't exist back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)