Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, a Pokémon with a Dream World ability will still have a Dream World ability after evolution.

Is Drain Punch an okay move on Breloom?
I'm thinking a set like Spore, Substitute, Stone Edge, Drain Punch, with Poison Heal. I have two other pokemon who can leech seed on my team (it's monograss, so shush), and I'm afraid of running breloom without Stone Edge because it gives grass such great coverage. I know Focus Punch is typically the better choice, but my brother made me absolutely sick of sub-punching, so I'm looking to try something new.

I'm actually hoping for Technician Breloom to come out soon, to pull off a bullet-seed/mach punch combo. K'mon, GF, hurry up with that >.<

So i've really wanted to run a sandstorm stall team, but i'm pretty sure mine is TOO stallish. I feel I need something with offensive power. Here's the current setup:

Hippowdon is my lead to start sandstorm.
Blissey + Jellicent + Gliscor as the common defensive core
Tentacruel for direly needed Rapid Spin support since no one bar Gliscor would like to be poisoned by Toxic Spikes.
The 6th party member (and who makes the most sense to remove) is Ferrothorn who I picked early on in my team building process because of his synergy with Jellicent.

But I feel this leaves me sitting around with wasted turns doing almost nothing, most Stall run Revenge Killers at least. I was thinking a Sand Rush Excadrill with LO or a Choice Band? And would Ferrothorn be the team member to boot out for said revenge killer?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you're unhappy about pokemon spending turns doing nothing, then get rid of Blissey as that's pretty much the definition of doing nothing.
And LO > CB on Excadrill.

best moveset for oshawat modest nature =?
Hydro pump
ice beam
swords dance
trump card or air slash
You shouldn't run a modest Oshawott. It's a great physical attacker and special attacker, but Swords Dance wouldn't boost hydro pump or ice beam at all, and trump card is a bad move.
Don't take this the wrong way, but can I assume you're new here?

Also, @Unsanctified, I gotta agree with Woodchuck. Ferrothorn is a huge advantage in Stall, because he has natural passive damage with his Iron Barbs, and is good at setting up Hazards with, in my sandstall experiance, is necessary. Blissy, on the other hand, won't get much accomplished. Excadrill does sound like a solid Sandstorm choice, but you might want something that can cover your two water-types. I know I'm quite partial to running Cradily on sandstall teams, but he won't really make fit the Revenge Killer role you're looking for.

So, I'm new to Smogon, and I was just wondering something. I've never really understood how EV's work. Lets say i have a lvl 30 breloom, if i EV train it for attack and hp up to 255, and get the max 510, does that mean his stats are safe? Like, i understand he won't be lvl 100, but am I right in thinking that his stats are safe from deviating and that i can train on anything to just lvl? Thanks for your time.

So, I'm new to Smogon, and I was just wondering something. I've never really understood how EV's work. Lets say i have a lvl 30 breloom, if i EV train it for attack and hp up to 255, and get the max 510, does that mean his stats are safe? Like, i understand he won't be lvl 100, but am I right in thinking that his stats are safe from deviating and that i can train on anything to just lvl? Thanks for your time.
The answer to your question is, absolutely, yes. But, there is a lot of other things that I'm sure you'll need to know based on that example; you never want to raise a stat all the way to 255 evs, stop at 252. But once you hit the 510 mark, it's absolutely safe to train on whatever you want.

You shouldn't run a modest Oshawott. It's a great physical attacker and special attacker, but Swords Dance wouldn't boost hydro pump or ice beam at all, and trump card is a bad move.
Don't take this the wrong way, but can I assume you're new here?

Also, @Unsanctified, I gotta agree with Woodchuck. Ferrothorn is a huge advantage in Stall, because he has natural passive damage with his Iron Barbs, and is good at setting up Hazards with, in my sandstall experiance, is necessary. Blissy, on the other hand, won't get much accomplished. Excadrill does sound like a solid Sandstorm choice, but you might want something that can cover your two water-types. I know I'm quite partial to running Cradily on sandstall teams, but he won't really make fit the Revenge Killer role you're looking for.
whats the best nature than

I actually run a Dream World Vileplume, but people tell me I'm crazy. I dunno what Raticate's ability is. And for an Oshawott, I'd go with Adamant. The Swords Dance boost is just too good to run a Special Attack set.

How would this Armaldo set work? I tried combining my team roles of Physical wall and spinner together.

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Tail
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

He has a fairly impressive attack base stat so hits semi hard without any investment still, but again his purpose is physical wall/spinner. Aqua Tail and X-Scissor make good coverage I think, and Knock off is there because lately I've been finding a lot of things annoying and I think removing their item would make them less so.

About the war stories, do you have to get your opponent´s permission to post the match, or can you do it without his permission?
If you dont get his permission, can he tell a moderator, or anyone, to take it down?
I dont feel like putting Opponent as my opponents name.

Also, I spent forever on the old thread before I found out it closed and opened this one. Major Fail.

And any others that may be opened up again are most likely doomed for closing. What happened there will likely continue in a new one, pray that doesn't happen.
Thats a disapointment for me. The trivia thread was one of the more promising and fun threads. Maybe it can be reopened in a different forum other than dragonspiral? IDK.
@ winstonshnozwick Anyway, that armaldo set might work in OU, but its better in lower tiers. the thing about armaldo is that it can be offensive and defensive, just not at the same time. I would recommend giving it SR and maybe protect so it can have free leftovers recovery. Another option for defensive armaldo is struggle bug so it can not die to special attacks so easily.
However, I think a sweeper/ wall breaker armaldo will work better than defensive armaldo since it has no resistances other than normal and poison.

About the war stories, do you have to get your opponent´s permission to post the match, or can you do it without his permission?
If you dont get his permission, can he tell a moderator, or anyone, to take it down?
I dont feel like putting Opponent as my opponents name.

Also, I spent forever on the old thread before I found out it closed and opened this one. Major Fail.
It is definately recommended to ask your opponent for permission before writing a warstory. However, if you cannot reach him, you can put a facke name in its place such as Bob or Jerry. You can write it, and edit it as soon as you get permission. I dont think a mod would close a warstory unless its bad.

@ winstonshnozwick Anyway, that armaldo set might work in OU, but its better in lower tiers. the thing about armaldo is that it can be offensive and defensive, just not at the same time. I would recommend giving it SR and maybe protect so it can have free leftovers recovery. Another option for defensive armaldo is struggle bug so it can not die to special attacks so easily.
However, I think a sweeper/ wall breaker armaldo will work better than defensive armaldo since it has no resistances other than normal and poison.
Yes, I'm planning for it to be in OU because I just don't like a majority of the commonly used spinners and physical walls. But I like Fossil pokemon a lot.
Anyway, he doesnt need stealth rocks because hit special wall counterpart empoleon has it. Knock off has worked successfully so far, and his physical bulk is nice, he's only 2HKO'd by a +2 Excadrill, and can 2HKO the excadrill with aqua tail. If I do replace protect in there, what do I remove? I find knock off useful for mons that depend on an item. Like hitting gliscor on the switch in >:D. But what would I replace for protect if so?

Which moveset looks better on a Relaxed, 252 HP/200 Def/58 SpDef Slowking w/ Regenerator ability?....

Yawn/Scald/Dragon Tail/Slack Off

or

Thunder Wave/Scald/Dragon Tail/Slack Off

...or, are there better suggestions for the moveset if Slowking is being used to shuffle the opponents team?

So I have been breeding adament Haxorus' and need to know what i should put EV's in i was thinking 252 in ATK just to make it beast then 152 in HP and 100 SPEED
MOVESET
Dragon Tail
EQuake
Dragon Dance
Giga Impact

or modest 152 HP 100 Speed then 152 ATK 100 SP ATK

Dragon Pulse
EQuake
Dragon Dance
Giga impact

The first set looks pretty good, but you really probably wont want to use Giga Impact. It looks good at first, but that turn it takes to recharge is the turn they'll revenge-kill him, so it's only really useful as a last-ditch effort kinda thing, and nothing's even weak to it. I also can't find how a Haxorus would learn Dragon Dance, I assume you mean Swords Dance(and if you didn't, do, it's a wonderful attack on him).
Never use a nature like modest for mixed attacking, because it lowers your attack stat, and haxorus's Special Attack is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)