Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Virizion: When and where was Starf Berry released, then?
After this 277-turn battle video is over, I'll go search for Starf Berry Tropius videos - it wouldn't allow you to use them on Random Matchup if it were unreleased (I fought a Starf Tropius, yet my Salac Linoone wasn't allowed).

82-69450-47360
Turn 18

Hey guys i was woundering what fire type to use in ou with samuratt(megahorn, aquatail, x-scissor, what move should i use) and Electross (Flamethrower, volt switch, toxic, flash cannon) Chansey (egg bomb double edge thunder wave aramotherapy)

Muk @wide lens
Sticky hold
252hp/252 atk/4 sp.d
-suckerpunch
-fire punch
-gunk shot
-minimize

This muk can be annoying as hell to anyone who doest have an always guaranteed hit such as swift or aerial ace
so first you get 3 minimize up so you have max evasion then you can start reining in the gunk shots or if nattorei, skarm, forretress get in your way hite 'em hard with fire punch.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, that set is kind of bad as Minimize is banned, and Muk is often going to be hit hard while it's trying to set up.

when I go on pokemon online I don't see the smogon server and when I type in the number for advanced connection I get an error no0 connection refused. I can play on other servers just fine.

Anyone know what's wrong/how to fix it?

Hey guys i was woundering what fire type to use in ou with samuratt(megahorn, aquatail, x-scissor, what move should i use) and Electross (Flamethrower, volt switch, toxic, flash cannon) Chansey (egg bomb double edge thunder wave aramotherapy)
Use Charizard, he's uber-cool and at level 100!!!!!

But seriously, Egg Bomb, Double-Edge, Flash Cannon, X-scissor and Toxic are all moves that you need to replace. Trust me.

@ Iron
The set I use has a Naïve nature and Selfdestruct, but I don't think that'd be a great choice for this Gen..

Edit: Oh yeah, as idontuse said, HP-Fire is probably the best choice.

Gonna try and run counter / mirror coat Gastrodon and Swampert. Both are bold nature w/ near-max to max IV's in HP, Def, and SpD.

For Gastro, I am going to run a spread of 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD. Should Swamp's spread be 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD for physical walling or 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD for a more balanced defensive spread?

Use Charizard, he's uber-cool and at level 100!!!!!

But seriously, Egg Bomb, Double-Edge, Flash Cannon, X-scissor and Toxic are all moves that you need to replace. Trust me.

@ Iron
The set I use has a Naïve nature and Selfdestruct, but I don't think that'd be a great choice for this Gen..

Edit: Oh yeah, as idontuse said, HP-Fire is probably the best choice.
Well what should i make them learn and toxic is a good move it increases the damage done every turn so when they use leftover it will have no effect pretty much. and x-scissors does damage against psycic grass and dark so... then double-edge is used for damage and im thinking rain dance or sunny day to power up either

Well what should i make them learn and toxic is a good move it increases the damage done every turn so when they use leftover it will have no effect pretty much. and x-scissors does damage against psycic grass and dark so... then double-edge is used for damage and im thinking rain dance or sunny day to power up either
Chansey has Base 5 Attack. Base 5.

Can anyone do a calc for me; a Chansey's Egg Bomb (Bold, 31 Atk IV) vs. 252/252 Ferrothorn? I can't calculate myself (Not sure where a 5th-gen calc is without downloading), but I can imagine that it'll do barely 1%.

Input the stats yourself on the Smogon calculator.

Anyway for the lulz it does 2% - 2.6% to standard Ferrothorn, which is 7-9 damage. At 252/252+, its 6-7 damage. In HP.

Chansey has Base 5 Attack. Base 5.

Can anyone do a calc for me; a Chansey's Egg Bomb (Bold, 31 Atk IV) vs. 252/252 Ferrothorn? I can't calculate myself (Not sure where a 5th-gen calc is without downloading), but I can imagine that it'll do barely 1%.

egg what would i put inplace of it, aand for wifi battles would samurott leftover, electross (idk yet), charizard(wide lens) , chansey, haxorus(choice band,gliscore(poison orb) or yanmaga(Idk). So Im basically saying i need help for wifi battling. would this be an ok team

For Chansey just put on Softboiled. The 4th move is your choice, you might as well stick Toxic onto it unless you can somehow put SR or ST onto it.

If i'm building a team and i'm not sure where to go from where i'm at then where would I post to get help in finishing the team?
My first though is RMT, but for a generally unfinished team that seems misplaced.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If i'm building a team and i'm not sure where to go from where i'm at then where would I post to get help in finishing the team?
My first though is RMT, but for a generally unfinished team that seems misplaced.
You can often get teambuilding help on irc at #dreamworld.
connection info:
http://www.smogon.com/irc/
There is also a rmt channel, i think it's #ratemyteam
could someone correct me on this if I'm wrong?
also I believe the PO server actually has a Teambuilding channel, but in my experience it's not that active. Generally the best places are on IRC or in Tohjo Falls. On Smogon University, or at least when it was up, people were pretty willing to give teambuilding advice in the main chat.
If all else fails, give someone who you see rating teams a lot a PM and ask them what they think!

It seems lately that Ferrothorn has become a weaker link in my team. I use him as my physical wall in tandem with special wall empoleon. Ferrothorns main job was to set spikes up, take hard physical hits, and kill water types (fuck rain). But he's just not been very good at any of it lately, it seems he dies too fast to set up spikes, he can never hurt anything, and stupid shit like terrakion kills him in one hit despite being a PHYSICAL wall. >:(

So I need some help with this, I'm looking for a pokemon to replace ferro with to do those jobs or most of them, someone that will work.

It seems lately that Ferrothorn has become a weaker link in my team. I use him as my physical wall in tandem with special wall empoleon. Ferrothorns main job was to set spikes up, take hard physical hits, and kill water types (fuck rain). But he's just not been very good at any of it lately, it seems he dies too fast to set up spikes, he can never hurt anything, and stupid shit like terrakion kills him in one hit despite being a PHYSICAL wall. >:(

So I need some help with this, I'm looking for a pokemon to replace ferro with to do those jobs or most of them, someone that will work.
If you need a physical wall, skarm and forretress both do similar jobs like ferrothorn. However, I recommend Forry because if you have skarm and empoleon, you will have a double electric weakness. Plus, gyroball will demolish terrakion.
Another good pokemon is Bronzong. It sets up rocks, and it can deal with physical threats.
Finally, theres tentacruel. While its more on the special side, it still deals with physical threats and sets up t-spikes. but again, double electric weakness. So pick the poke that best suits our team.
Also, may I suggest Jolteon as an addition. It kills rain teams and has volt absorb for electric attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)