Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
metagross. no questions about it. great typing and great coverage with meteromash/earthquake/icepunch/bulletpunch. yea. u get a priority also
Oh, definitely an old favorite of mine. My tank set can take a few strong hits and usually OHKO's if it's a super effective hit. The only problem with ice punch is that waters wall you then, but I'd take killing gliscor over vaporeon any day.

could i have some suggestions for my first team ever going to do an ou rain team what pokes work the best? (already have thundurus starmie and politoed in mind)

rainn.... i would say ferrothorn or jirachi as special walls. rotom-w and lanturn are also good. ludicolo is a good leech seeder with rain dish. blastoise and tentacruel get rain dish as well, with the ability to rapid spin. i also like virizion, a top calm minder of the tier. dragonite can also abuse hurricane along with tornadus. u can slo try scizor or forretress because they lose those nasty fire weaknesses.

my question: has anyone tried choice scarf gengar?

rainn.... i would say ferrothorn or jirachi as special walls. rotom-w and lanturn are also good. ludicolo is a good leech seeder with rain dish. blastoise and tentacruel get rain dish as well, with the ability to rapid spin. i also like virizion, a top calm minder of the tier. dragonite can also abuse hurricane along with tornadus. u can slo try scizor or forretress because they lose those nasty fire weaknesses.

my question: has anyone tried choice scarf gengar?
why gengar is already fast enough

i've been cheating to make teams lately, in pearl, and i am using vitamins to EV them, and rare candies to level them. does this work? because i have a modest deoxys-a with max spa and spe vitamins, and it has 401 spa, and on pokemon online i was looking at my doe a on there i kept it on modest, but put 0 spa ivs and o evs and it got 401. i know my deoxys a in-game does not have 0 spa ivs, so whats going on?

if vitamins + rare candies doesn't work, there goes 10-12 pokemon ready for battle :(

oh yeah, one more thing on the same subject, my blissey, caught at lv. 10, had at least 25 hp ivs, and i maxed its hp and lv'ed it to 100, and it only had 659 hp.
on PO, i can't even get it to 659 with max EVs, and 0 IVs in hp.

revenge killing scarf latios and getting unexpected kills on thunduruses? also outspeeding starmie...

the only problem i see is the pursuit weakness.

EDIT: @smogo. vitamins only work untill you get 100 evs. so after having 100 evs on a stat, it will say the stat is maxed..

Hi! I'm running a stall team with Jellicent, and I'm having trouble finding a good EV spread. I was wondering if a spread of 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spd is acceptable to out-speed Milotic and Gyarados (by a few points) and Taunting them, as well as getting a huge leap on other Jellicent, Skarmory, etc. Or should I run less as I am losing a lot of defensive bulk? Thank you!

Jellicent has Scald, will o wisp, or acid armor to fix his defense, therefore you don't have to put in defense ev's. I'd suggest sp def to make him able to take those hits better, or sp att so he can damage things back.

Hi! I'm running a stall team with Jellicent, and I'm having trouble finding a good EV spread. I was wondering if a spread of 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spd is acceptable to out-speed Milotic and Gyarados (by a few points) and Taunting them, as well as getting a huge leap on other Jellicent, Skarmory, etc. Or should I run less as I am losing a lot of defensive bulk? Thank you!
thanks bluemon! i'll have to remake most of the pokemon i have currently, but at least i am not using 100 ev'd pokemon.

Tooned i assume you mean speed when you say spd. i have never used jellicent, but skarmory, having 10 higher speed, if used as a taunter w/ sp def evs can easily cripple jellicent. i would put the speed evs into spd or def (i don't know i have never used jelli like i said). out speeding milotic could be useful, but would it help YOU do anything? milotic if taunted would switch, and even if it stayed in could you do anything to it, especially with marvel scale, it can absorb the burn you might give it and save marvel scale for later.
i also assume you are using gliscor, as VERY few pokemon can break gliscor and jellicents wall. oh yeah, if used against other jellicent speed could be useful, but otherwise i'd say it's useless.

sorry if that sounded critical, but i was just trying to help, i have played almost all tiers and OU is the one i am best at and know best.

For a local wireless battle, can I set up a "bring 6, choose 3" (or similar) format with team preview, or are these options not available for local wireless battles? I couldn't find them either via the C-Gear or in the Union Room.

A faster Taunt can sometimes be useful, but most Jellicent run a bulkier spread to tank fast Physical hits before they get a Burn down. Even though it's great at burning opponents, Jellicen't defense is still lackluster, so it appreciates the added bulk.

For a local wireless battle, can I set up a "bring 6, choose 3" (or similar) format with team preview, or are these options not available for local wireless battles? I couldn't find them either via the C-Gear or in the Union Room.
No, wireless and C-Gear battles are more geared towards friendly battles with your in-game teams. The competitive formats, such as bring 6 choose 3, are reserved for Wi-Fi

Thanks, NijaSkills.

Another question:

I play on a cart and therefore don't have access to a good Wish Chansey/Blissey that I can trust is legitimate. What is/are the best Chansey/Blissey moveset(s) without Wish?

use chansey then.

counter softboiled seismictoss thunderwave/toxic.

something like that. really good. machamps dynamic punch is a 2hko i believe.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
i've been cheating to make teams lately, in pearl, and i am using vitamins to EV them, and rare candies to level them. does this work? because i have a modest deoxys-a with max spa and spe vitamins, and it has 401 spa, and on pokemon online i was looking at my doe a on there i kept it on modest, but put 0 spa ivs and o evs and it got 401. i know my deoxys a in-game does not have 0 spa ivs, so whats going on?

if vitamins + rare candies doesn't work, there goes 10-12 pokemon ready for battle :(

oh yeah, one more thing on the same subject, my blissey, caught at lv. 10, had at least 25 hp ivs, and i maxed its hp and lv'ed it to 100, and it only had 659 hp.
with vitamins you reach only 100 EVs if you want to get full EV investment you have to EV train them via wild Pokemon. If your Pokemon are already Lvl 100 however this isn't, because EVs only get added via Lvl Up.

^you have been ninja'd by 6 posts ago.
and about the vitamin thing.
if you can tranfer them onto BW, u dont have to train them all over again since in BW, lv100 pokemon still get ev's (and there are those feather/wing items)

Well , with vitamins you can give 100 EV's in one stat only .
If you boost 2 stats on a deoxy-s it will have 200 EV's out of the possible 510 it can have.
So your pokemons most likely are running at less then half their possible power.
PM me how you are 'cheating' , as we arent to discuss that on here :)

EDIT: Oops , 2 people already answered this ><

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this is also a good damage calculator with some pre-made EV spreads and movesets, for some of the common Pokemon, too (although some of the spreads are unconventional, so you may want to double-check at C&C).

Is it possible to have an influence on the swarm Pokemon in bw? I don´t want to wait a whole day until the next swarm arrived. For example, could I set the DS clock 1 minute before midnight and then, a new swarm pokemon arrives?

If you use a move to lower your speed ie: hammer arm/ curse in a trick room, does your speed acctually increase if you see what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)