Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently looked at accuracy raising items, zoom lens and wide lens. What pokemon have movepools with powerful low accuracy moves that could benefit from these items?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, anything with Stone Edge, e.g. Tyranitar.
But almost every slow pokemon will appreciate some other item like Leftovers better.

I know many pokemon have occasional moves like stone edge/focus miss etc, but I mean, what pokemon have movepools with 2-3 of powerful low acc moves? Gimmicky but I thought it would be fun to make a set out of it.

I know many pokemon have occasional moves like stone edge/focus miss etc, but I mean, what pokemon have movepools with 2-3 of powerful low acc moves? Gimmicky but I thought it would be fun to make a set out of it.
Starmie gets Thunder, Blizzard, and Hydro Pump, and can be handy with the Zoom Lens due to its speed.

Ok, im new to Pokemon Black/White, but not to competative battling. So can someone explain two things to me.

1. What are "Dream World Abilities" and how do they affect the metagame so much?
2. What exactly does someone mean when they say a Dream World Ability is not released yet?

Ok, im new to Pokemon Black/White, but not to competative battling. So can someone explain two things to me.

1. What are "Dream World Abilities" and how do they affect the metagame so much?
2. What exactly does someone mean when they say a Dream World Ability is not released yet?
1.) Pretty much just an extra ability that a Pokémon can get through the online mini-game of the Dream World. Say, Politoed getting Drizzle made it a top-10 Pokémon in OU, while being in NU for the last three Generations.

2.) Nintendo updates the online Dream World with new Pokémon, so if a Prankster Sableye doesn't exist one day (like now), it might become legal the next day due to its release via the Dream World (or official Nintendo event).

Also, in addition to Virizion's reply, the Dream World (also known as Hidden) Abilities are known before release because they were read in the game's coding, and the abilities have effects on various mon's movepools due to them preventing any gen 3 or 4 moves if they use the ability.

how time will it take to teh Smogon Server to be fully operational?
We really can't be too sure, you should try to be as patient as possible with the server right now because there are many more scripts to be written before the server will be back to full speed. But once it gets there it will be better than ever. Currently we can expect to see work on the tournament script coming up and probably more promotions for server moderators

We really can't be too sure, you should try to be as patient as possible with the server right now because there are many more scripts to be written before the server will be back to full speed. But once it gets there it will be better than ever. Currently we can expect to see work on the tournament script coming up and probably more promotions for server moderators
i gots another question WTH is The smogon Tournament?

also will it be like PO´s server?with tours and everything?

Another thing: A bit of Theorymonning here, would a doubles combo of Shuckle+Blissey work? Thinking on the spot...

Shuckle w. 252 Def/252 Sp.Def
Guard Share
Power Share
filler
filler

Blissey w. 252 HP/252 Sp.Att
Calm Mind
Softboiled
filler
filler

Basically with Shuckle's Guard share, it'd be like Blissey as base stats of 255HP, 120 Def and 182.5 Sp.Def, and with instant recovery would be VERY though to take down, and then CM for boosting the Sp.Att...

Shuckle would Power Share with another opponent to cripple them, and then you could choose your other moves depending what you wanted them to do...
Just a thought, but could it work?
This seems interesting , but after the guard share shuckle will be a OHKO i think for any pokemon he didnt powershare yet , so always use powershare on the hard hitters first i would say.
A blissey with half shuckle's defences would be very nice , but i dont think a blissey nor a shuckle can taunt nor do something against phazing .
So you could be finally set and a skarmory comes in , wich will most likely outspeed both blissey and shuckle and so will just roar/whirlwind your pokemon out.

This seems interesting , but after the guard share shuckle will be a OHKO i think for any pokemon he didnt powershare yet , so always use powershare on the hard hitters first i would say.
A blissey with half shuckle's defences would be very nice , but i dont think a blissey nor a shuckle can taunt nor do something against phazing .
So you could be finally set and a skarmory comes in , wich will most likely outspeed both blissey and shuckle and so will just roar/whirlwind your pokemon out.
But surely let's say on Turn 1 you Guard Share with Shuckle and CM with Blissey, if one of the filler was Flamethrower couldn't you take out the Skarmory with a +1 Flamethrower, seeing as Whirlwind/Roar has negative priority?
Also, how often is phazing used in doubles?

But surely let's say on Turn 1 you Guard Share with Shuckle and CM with Blissey, if one of the filler was Flamethrower couldn't you take out the Skarmory with a +1 Flamethrower, seeing as Whirlwind/Roar has negative priority?
Also, how often is phazing used in doubles?
No clue how often it is used .
A +1 flamethrower can KO i think although some skarmory's that are specially defensive might survive. But there are more phazers then just a skarmory hehe.
But shuckle looses all reasons why it should be used: its defenses.
It can still powershare but with 20 base hp and half of the defenses it had before it is dead weight i think . So u probaby will switch it out after the guard split. As for blissey , i was thinking maybe do the ingrain batton pass so it cant be phazed.

Another bad thing for you will be perish song (or does guard split stay when switched out? )

No clue how often it is used .
A +1 flamethrower can KO i think although some skarmory's that are specially defensive might survive. But there are more phazers then just a skarmory hehe.
But shuckle looses all reasons why it should be used: its defenses.
It can still powershare but with 20 base hp and half of the defenses it had before it is dead weight i think . So u probaby will switch it out after the guard split. As for blissey , i was thinking maybe do the ingrain batton pass so it cant be phazed.

Another bad thing for you will be perish song (or does guard split stay when switched out? )
I just thought of it a few days ago, I've never seen it used myself :P
Maybe if they were the last 2 in or something?
As far as I'm aware, the effect would be lost when switching out...
Food for thought I guess :)

I just thought of it a few days ago, I've never seen it used myself :P
Maybe if they were the last 2 in or something?
As far as I'm aware, the effect would be lost when switching out...
Food for thought I guess :)
Because you read my post from the Double Battles thread in the GBU sub-forum.

What moves should Choice Scarf Mamoswine use, if to use at all?
ANd is Mamoswine really going to be UU?
Earthquake defenatly .
Ice shard is a decent move for him as its i believe the only physical one he can get next to avalanche (wich would be stupid to have on a choice scarf mamo i think)
Then again , using priority move on a scarf is too.
i believe he can lean superpower too and as last move i have no choice what else he can learn.

Dont know wich tier he will be put on but the fact that he isnt the fastest physical sweeper there is will most likely result in him not beeing used much . Even on ice team , a weavile does the physical sweep job better in my opinion. So UU is a logical tier for him i think.

(woot i think i actually sounded like an expert this time ... or not at all ? 0.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)