Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so this is a pretty personal question, and it may be a little vague. My OU team that I am currently working on is good, but not great and I have a question about one team mate in particular : My Jellicent. He fits well along side my Ferrothorn, but I really want to replace him. I don't really know who to replace him with though. I'm thinking possible a Specially Defensive Politoed ? Some suggestions would be very much appreciated

* Also, I'm truly sorry if this belongs in Rate my Team, if so I will ask these type of questions there from now on.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, specific individual questions do not go in RMT, so this is the right place :)
As for the Jellicent, well, it's hard to give a good answer without knowing your whole team, but Resttalk Gyarados and Tentacruel both pair well with Ferrothorn.
Of course, if your team appreciates rain, by all means choose Politoed, but Politoed isn't actually that good in a defensive role :/

Well, specific individual questions do not go in RMT, so this is the right place :)
As for the Jellicent, well, it's hard to give a good answer without knowing your whole team, but Resttalk Gyarados and Tentacruel both pair well with Ferrothorn.
Of course, if your team appreciates rain, by all means choose Politoed, but Politoed isn't actually that good in a defensive role :/
Well, I could give you my whole team but that might take awhile. I'm just wondering who pairs well with Ferrothorn as a lead, doesn't even have to be water at this point. I might try a Rest talking Gyrados, but any other suggestions would help as well :)

Well, I could give you my whole team but that might take awhile. I'm just wondering who pairs well with Ferrothorn as a lead, doesn't even have to be water at this point. I might try a Rest talking Gyrados, but any other suggestions would help as well :)
+1 on the tentacruel. very good poke. super very good.
i would also suggest lanturn (dont laugh. perfect thundurus counter) and rotom-W. water types generally go wel with ferrothorn, and i would say SLOWBRO. (and to a leser exent, slowking) are good options physically defensively..

Alright, so this is a pretty personal question, and it may be a little vague. My OU team that I am currently working on is good, but not great and I have a question about one team mate in particular : My Jellicent. He fits well along side my Ferrothorn, but I really want to replace him. I don't really know who to replace him with though. I'm thinking possible a Specially Defensive Politoed ? Some suggestions would be very much appreciated

* Also, I'm truly sorry if this belongs in Rate my Team, if so I will ask these type of questions there from now on.
I'd defenatly go with a tentacruel on this one IF u really dislike jellicent that much (agree that jellicant is super ugly hehe) .
Tentacruel can rapid spin, put up own spikes , has nice special defence and last but not least it resists ferrothorns biggest weakness!

I'd defenatly go with a tentacruel on this one IF u really dislike jellicent that much (agree that jellicant is super ugly hehe) .
Tentacruel can rapid spin, put up own spikes , has nice special defence and last but not least it resists ferrothorns biggest weakness!
Thanks for the advice, I will try out Tentacruel and see how that goes. The only thing is, since my Ferrothorn set spots a :

Stealth Rocks l T-wave l Leech Seed l Power Whip / Gyro Ball

Should I still run Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel ?

why not? i mean sure it goes against thunderwave but the things u want to thunderwave are mostly fliers and levitators.... okay. maybe not.

maybe give stealth rock to someone else and run
spikes/leechseed/gyroball/powerwhip?

Lanturn can do a bunch of things Rotom-W can't. Scald, Ice Beam, Stockpile, Agility, Heal Bell... oh, and it does get Volt Switch, by the way. There are plenty of reasons to use it. It may not be quite as good as Rotom-W overall, but it's not outclassed.

Lanturn can do a bunch of things Rotom-W can't. Scald, Ice Beam, Stockpile, Agility, Heal Bell... oh, and it does get Volt Switch, by the way. There are plenty of reasons to use it. It may not be quite as good as Rotom-W overall, but it's not outclassed.
Ah, my bad :P

I suppose it then depends on the role that you want it to play :)

So I'm thinking about adding a Mamoswine to my Sun team. The problem is, I'm unsure about the set. Is it worth throwing a CScarf on Mamo to be a revenger or should I go for power with Choice Band? I don't really like Life Orb because of all the weaknesses Mamo has, so could an Expert Belt set work? Any advice would be appreciated. If you need more detail on my team, just let me know.

how do you find your pokemons IVs
It is actually quite difficult, since they are not shown in-game normally, but there are ways:

The easiest method is to use an IV calculator (such as this one), but it requires you to know the EV's that you have given it.

Otherwise, there is an Action Replay code that allows you to check them in-game.

volt absorb anyone?
Rotom-W has Levitate. That being why Lanturn, which has volt absorb, and not Rotom-W resists bolt-beam.

It is actually quite difficult, since they are not shown in-game normally, but there are ways:

The easiest method is to use an IV calculator (such as this one), but it requires you to know the EV's that you have given it.

Otherwise, there is an Action Replay code that allows you to check them in-game.

Rotom-W has Levitate. That being why Lanturn, which has volt absorb, and not Rotom-W resists bolt-beam.
iimknow i was answering that Lanturn resists BoltBeam while Rotom does aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)