Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
about the emerald part i dont know,,,,,but can you tell me what to do and how to do it about that emulator stuff how do i make the videos
nope i dont do emulaltor :( sorry but i think they record it with ummm erm uhh oh i know Desmume i think it´s called but other than that i dunno

Alright here's my question. For my rain team, I've been trying to get the last slot of my team filled out. My requirements are simple: It has to be able to defeat Tyranitar and Steel types. Do remember that it is a rain team, so no fire type pokemon. Hope someone can help me out.
(I was thinking of these few pokes to do the job:
1. Machamp with Dynamicpunch
2. Heracross with Close Combat
3. SubPunch Breloom
4. Attacking Swampert
Of course I'm open to suggestions

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright here's my question. For my rain team, I've been trying to get the last slot of my team filled out. My requirements are simple: It has to be able to defeat Tyranitar and Steel types. Do remember that it is a rain team, so no fire type pokemon. Hope someone can help me out.
(I was thinking of these few pokes to do the job:
1. Machamp with Dynamicpunch
2. Heracross with Close Combat
3. SubPunch Breloom
4. Attacking Swampert
Of course I'm open to suggestions
Do you have toxicroak on your team? if not you could try him out, he actually gets a large benefit from the rain and can run several different sets. The two best sets are the swords dance and bulk up sets here's the bulk up set if you want a more defensive poke

Toxicroak W/leftovers dry skin
adamant
244hp 12atck 252spdef
bulk up
sucker punch
drain punch
substitute

So , air balloon seems to get rid of the ground type untill it pops .
(Noticed that because air balloon excadrill doesnt receive ice beam as super effective)
But what happens to lets say a donphan ? Does he become normal type?

(Noticed that because air balloon excadrill doesnt receive ice beam as super effective)
Air Balloon doesn't remove the ground type. Ice type attacks don't hit Excadrill for super effective damage because Steel Resists Ice. Excadrill's only weaknesses are Water, Fire, Ground, and Fighting.

Nope, they still stay the same type. The only won't receive damage from Ground Attacks until the balloon pops.

Excadrill doesn't receive Super Effective on an Ice Beam, because it is Ground and Steel. Steel resists Ice. Together the two types makes Ice attacks neutral for Excadrill.

Edit: ninja'd :(

I have also a question, where are the lists for OU, UU, RU and NU Pokemon for 5th gen? I can only find the list for OU.

Is there any solid counter for Excadrill besides Gliscor?
I mean, that's ridiculous: the only one who can outspeed it instantly is Trace-Gardevoir with scarf and it even need to use Focus Blast.

I mean, that's ridiculous: the only one who can outspeed it instantly is Trace-Gardevoir with scarf and it even need to use Focus Blast.
Any pokemon with some kind of bulk.
Reunicluss can easely survive an x scissor and kill it with a focus blast.
But yeah again focus blast.

Any pokemon with some kind of bulk.
Reunicluss can easely survive an x scissor and kill it with a focus blast.
But yeah again focus blast.
Reuniclus is more a check than a counter. We have to remember, that lots of them carry Swords Dance, which makes it rather risky to switch in.

Looking for someone to help me with building a team for an online tournament. I can offer you some of my own RNGed Pokemon if you help me out.

VM me if you can help.

I was wondering if a set like this could be used to make braviary a bulky tailwind setter, and sweeper at the same time. Here's the set.
Braviary@Bright Powder
Nature:Careful(+SDef, - SAtk)
Ability:Sheer Force
EVs: 160 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def / 94 SDef
Tailwind
Fly
U-turn/Hone Claws
Superpower/Rock Slide

The main purpose of this set is to set up tailwind and u-turn out of battle. EV spread gives it bulk so it can withstand the first hit while setting up tailwind. Also, it has decent attack and access to superpower, so it can attack special walls like chansey and blissey. Also, it can hit fighting types pretty hard with fly and avoid the recoil damage of brave bird. Probably 2/3HKO bulky conkeldurr so that's not bad right?
I slashed U-turn with hone claws so I could Probably set up tailwind and then hone claws(if it can survive two hits), so its attack hits almost 450 and speed almost 400. And probably have rock slide instead of superpower. It can actually sweep, but i'm not sure if it can take two powerful hits with its bulk. Need to test it.
Bright powder, umm, couldn't think of anything else so it's the held item. Might cause a few misses from the opponent and braviary could use those.

Well, the best way to shut down Excadrill is to change the weather. Makes your job much easier as Sand Rush is gone

Oh my Arceus, I've never encountered a difficulty as much as trying to make a set for Zen Mode Darmanitan work. Does anyone have any success with it?

To use Zen Mode, I see three possible moves of which it needs to work;

-Substitute (Needs 2 uses however)
-Belly Drum (Can go mixed in zen mode with this, as physical att is over 300 at +6)
-Flame Charge (Boosts his lackluster speed in zen mode, and also in normal mode)

In Zen Mode, to make use of his large unboosted sp att, I see a few moves available for him;
-Psychic (Additional STAB for neutral coverage)
-Flamethrower (Special STAB)
-Grass Knot (To kill water/ground/rock types that stop him)

While in physical sweeper mode (normal), I see some moves he can use;
U-Turn (Gets him out of an unwanted matchup if zen mode is not suggested at the time)
Earthquake (Reliable Coverage)
Brick Break/Focus Punch (Coverage)
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch (STAB move)
Rock Move (Coverage)

For an EV spread, I have no idea where to go. When he goes to zen mode, his speed drops and then he can be outsped and ko'd at low health. If only it was the other way around >:( He has very gratuitous bulk in zen mode, but again, low HP. I just don't know where to go. Possibly could max HP be a good start? (To at least give him better life chances in zen mode)

Ok, 2 new questions
1. What if I used Wobbuffet?
2. If they where released, would they be within the rules?
1. Yes it would be legal, but only in OU. Wobbuffet's current tiering is BL so it is legal in OU Wifi matches, but not UU or RU.
2. Yes, though their tiering would determine what tiers you could use them in.

I was wondering if a set like this could be used to make braviary a bulky tailwind setter, and sweeper at the same time. Here's the set.
Braviary@Bright Powder
Nature:Careful(+SDef, - SAtk)
Ability:Sheer Force
EVs: 160 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def / 94 SDef
Tailwind
Fly
U-turn/Hone Claws
Superpower/Rock Slide

The main purpose of this set is to set up tailwind and u-turn out of battle. EV spread gives it bulk so it can withstand the first hit while setting up tailwind. Also, it has decent attack and access to superpower, so it can attack special walls like chansey and blissey. Also, it can hit fighting types pretty hard with fly and avoid the recoil damage of brave bird. Probably 2/3HKO bulky conkeldurr so that's not bad right?
I slashed U-turn with hone claws so I could Probably set up tailwind and then hone claws(if it can survive two hits), so its attack hits almost 450 and speed almost 400. And probably have rock slide instead of superpower. It can actually sweep, but i'm not sure if it can take two powerful hits with its bulk. Need to test it.
Bright powder, umm, couldn't think of anything else so it's the held item. Might cause a few misses from the opponent and braviary could use those.
Three things:
1. It's generally a bad idea to use fly and other two turn attacks like it because it gives your opponent the ability to switch in a counter while you are locked in.
2. Brightpowder is banned on Smogon servers.
3. Unless you are using Rock Slide, Sheer Force serves no purpose because none of the moves you are using are boosted by it. Use Keen Eye instead (unless you are using Rock Slide as I said).

Does Drill Peak have a high critical hit ratio and if not, did it ever in a previous generation?
No and no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)