Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What SR user would have the best synergy with spikes ferrothorn? i have already thought of deoxys-s and claydol.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
yes, swampert sounds decent, although it doesn't cover the fighting weakness. I'd personally go with Skarmory and Jellicent for a tripartite defense core, and then have something to cover hydreigon

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yes, swampert sounds decent, although it doesn't cover the fighting weakness. I'd personally go with Skarmory and Jellicent for a tripartite defense core, and then have something to cover hydreigon
I already have a gastrodon on my team and i dont want Two 4x grass weaknesses what should i do? replace gastrodon or try deoxys S with
t-bolt, ice beam, stealth rock, taunt.

I already have a ferrothorn on my team, it's my spikes user. what i want is a SR lead so i can use spikes and not stealth rock on my ferrothorn, to maximize entry hazard damage

Edit: i already have a bulky water and It's niche is very important to the team, I dont want to stack on too many grass weaknesses
What about Infernape? It resists Fire, is neutral to Fighting, and has Acrobatics/Earthquake to hit them back if neccesary. Plus it adds a grass resist instead of a weakness, and Ferrothorn can take Water and Psychic moves for it (along with Flying and Ground ones neutrally, though you say you have Claydol so that helps with ground moves anyway).

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Okay, decided to replace gastrodon with swampert who can check/counter the genie. but without him my team has a hard time dealing with thunderus. who can check/counter the genie?

Edit: put gastrodon back and took pwnemon's advice thanks guys!

Thundurus usually wrecks any rainteam, once it managed to get a nasty plot. You need something faster in order to get it dead. Starmie usually can take care of in, assuming you have more than 353 speed. Of couse Starmie is not a counter but good enough to scare a bit, assuning you get it in somehow. It gets a clean OHKO by Surf in rain.

ah, thanks, every google search result was telling me otherwise

so the only pokemon immune to perish song are those with soundproof, not magic guard

hmmm

===

EDIT: if i created a spreadsheet that made it easy to make speed tiers, and added to that spreadsheet the suggested spreads of the 54 most-used pokemon in OU according to the june PO statistics (well, i took out garchomp, so that's 53), both before and after a boost if they have speed-boosting moves, where would i post that?

Does anyone know what can counter most fire types in OU?
A water type.

No, but JK. The most common OU Fire-type Pokemon would be Heatran, Volcarona, Infernape, Darmanitan, and, well, I can't really think of any others. They're all grounded Fire-type Pokemon, making them REALLY weak to hazards. Anything that sets up hazards already helps you against them. Likewise, Water-type Pokemon such as Vaporeon can threaten them with Surf. Or, in the case of Volcarona, can Roar it out as it sets up Quiver Dance. Flash Fire Pokemon such as your own Heatran do relatively well against them as well, but must watch out for Infernape Close Combat or Darmanitan Superpower/Earthquake. Choice Band Azumarill threatens them with its Aqua Jet. Dragon-type Pokemon such as Dragonite resist their Fire-type attacks and threaten them with set up or Earthquake and such. All in all, they're relatively easy to handle if you have something to resist it and hazards to weaken them.

A water type.

No, but JK. The most common OU Fire-type Pokemon would be Heatran, Volcarona, Infernape, Darmanitan, and, well, I can't really think of any others. They're all grounded Fire-type Pokemon, making them REALLY weak to hazards. Anything that sets up hazards already helps you against them. Likewise, Water-type Pokemon such as Vaporeon can threaten them with Surf. Or, in the case of Volcarona, can Roar it out as it sets up Quiver Dance. Flash Fire Pokemon such as your own Heatran do relatively well against them as well, but must watch out for Infernape Close Combat or Darmanitan Superpower/Earthquake. Choice Band Azumarill threatens them with its Aqua Jet. Dragon-type Pokemon such as Dragonite resist their Fire-type attacks and threaten them with set up or Earthquake and such. All in all, they're relatively easy to handle if you have something to resist it and hazards to weaken them.
Wow thanks. I think ill use choice heatran with earth power then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)