Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would be a good ev spread for this rain abuser modest dragonite? im having trouble trying to make it bulkier but i dont want to go below 148 evs in sp. att. so it can still hit somewhat.

hurricane / thunder / extremespeed(gets walled by a few pokes) or EQ / dragondance

or should i just go with one of the standard sets?

My three sentences to the changed meta are:
1. Excadrill and Thundurus are gone
2. Spooky Manor pokes got released, many of them shook a few tiers up
3. Dragonite happened.

@ waterwarrior: what do you mean with 'Dragonite happened'? I mean, I haven't been around a lot either AND I don't play OU anymore... so what is it with Dragonite eh?

Thinking of a Gardevoir set:

Wish Diva
Timid
252 HP / 252 SpA
Trace
- Wish
- Ally Switch
- Future Sight
- Protect

Want max ev's in HP to maximize the wishes healing factor and ally switch would be a surprise move to build or start momentum with sicne the opponent probably wouldn't know what the move is.

Thoughs any1?

Is this in doubles? Ally Switch has absolutely no effect in singles. Either way, the fact that you're running Future Sight is giving something two free turns before they're hit by an attack not much more powerful than Psychic (which should be used over Future Sight).

GARCHOMP SHOULDNT B UBOOR LOL, IT DIES TO ONE ICE ATTACK U BUNCH OF SCRUBS
Why sir, that is the best question I heard all day! The fact that it has been banned for months makes it even better! And you're right, we should unban Rayquaza too while we're at it! And Shaymin-S! In fact, why don't we just unban the entire Uber tier!

Hey everybody I'm a total n00b here and I'm not the greatest at all game coding and RNG stuff but I was wondering If it would ever be possibly to bypass a shiny check without using an AR or hacks? You are all probably thinkin I'm really stupid now but watever. I would think thats it's impossible and never will be possible but I just want to make sure. I'm wondering cus I think it would be pretty sweet to have a semi-legit shiny Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini without an event.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Q: I saw this and was wondering if it actually works? (No troll)
<Flareon gets Flare Blitz>
It does work, but the Mimic Glitch is banned in all metagames except for StreetPKMN.
Hey everybody I'm a total n00b here and I'm not the greatest at all game coding and RNG stuff but I was wondering If it would ever be possibly to bypass a shiny check without using an AR or hacks? You are all probably thinkin I'm really stupid now but watever. I would think thats it's impossible and never will be possible but I just want to make sure. I'm wondering cus I think it would be pretty sweet to have a semi-legit shiny Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini without an event.
It is impossible to obtain one without hacking. It would most likely not pass the hack check.

I was wondering if you guys know if on this site/forum if there is anywhere that you can sell your own products that is related to Pokemon?
Thanks for people that may reply to this question!
I appreciate it GREATLY!

Quick question guys and girls

I am using a gastrodon with storm drain as its ability and absorb bulb as its item in doubles and i have my partner spam surf. Gastrodon's ability automatically gets the special attack boost from it activating when surf is spammed but absorb bulb does not activate at all. can someone tell me if the boost from storm drain and the boost from absorb bulb is stackable?

Example if hit by surf in a double battle with absorb bulb attached shouldnt gastrodon get +2 special attack boost? + 1 from storm drain and +1 from absorb bulb?

thanks in advance

Quick question guys and girls

I am using a gastrodon with storm drain as its ability and absorb bulb as its item in doubles and i have my partner spam surf. Gastrodon's ability automatically gets the special attack boost from it activating when surf is spammed but absorb bulb does not activate at all. can someone tell me if the boost from storm drain and the boost from absorb bulb is stackable?

Example if hit by surf in a double battle with absorb bulb attached shouldnt gastrodon get +2 special attack boost? + 1 from storm drain and +1 from absorb bulb?

thanks in advance
iirc, Storm Drain and all variants activate before items.
So you would never get the boost from the Absorb Bulb.

Having a mental blank:

People seem to be wanting Shroomish from the Vote to Befriend a Pokemon thing, to get a Techniloom (or at least, some people do). Um, what's the advantage of this, as opposed to poke shifting a Gen IV Breloom with Technician?

Edit: damn, just realised then I must have gotten a hacked one. Trading is not fun when you get a hack... :( thanks Waterwarrior.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Two questions, one of them might not be classified as "simple"...

1) I've been wondering about this for a while: What is the strongest right-off-the-bat move in the games? As in, no stat boosts, no stronger-for-each-turn-moves (such as Rollout or Ice Ball), must be able to be used on the turn the Pokémon is sent out.
In Gen. IV, I think the title should go to max. Atk Guts Ursaring using Metronome and getting Explosion while being statused and holding a Choice Band, but which move/Pokémon would be the single most overwhelming in Gen. V? If anybody is capable of making a list, I'd be very happy.

2) I'm new here. Can anybody point me to an introduction thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)