Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're IP was blocked but you didn't know you were banned, it's likely that someone else who uses your IP was banned (bans use IP addresses). Do you have a family member that uses PS too, or do you go on PS in public places, such as a school or library?
Yup, I go to PS in public places. Probably some trolls did the same thing as well. Do I have to wait till the next server restart?

Yup, I go to PS in public places. Probably some trolls did the same thing as well. Do I have to wait till the next server restart?
Instand Apple Pie's post is correct, but I'm afraid, without proof, you'll need to wait until the next restart. Users are asked to be responsible for their account, regardless what IP they use :/. It's probably just best to not go on PS in a public place at all.

Okay so I've been doing some research about RNG manipulating (it's going somewhere, bear with me) and it turns out (According to the Simple ways to check if your pokemon is hacked thread in the Wi-Fi sub-forum) that the 3rd gen Wondercard events (specifically Extremespeed Zigzagzoon for my case) cannot be RNG manipulated at all. Which means its near impossible to get a decent IV spread. So, why can you just pop a 6iv one out instantly on Showdowns team builder? I know that certain events are handled in specific ways (Like all Genesect with Extremespeed have to have a Hasty nature because of the event restrictions) is it just to emulate a hacked Extremespeed Linoone? (Which would make total sense, and I wouldn't blame anyone if that was the reason) sorry for the long question, I know this is Simple Questions, but I feel this is the best place to ask :)

Okay so I've been doing some research about RNG manipulating (it's going somewhere, bear with me) and it turns out (According to the Simple ways to check if your pokemon is hacked thread in the Wi-Fi sub-forum) that the 3rd gen Wondercard events (specifically Extremespeed Zigzagzoon for my case) cannot be RNG manipulated at all. Which means its near impossible to get a decent IV spread. So, why can you just pop a 6iv one out instantly on Showdowns team builder? I know that certain events are handled in specific ways (Like all Genesect with Extremespeed have to have a Hasty nature because of the event restrictions) is it just to emulate a hacked Extremespeed Linoone? (Which would make total sense, and I wouldn't blame anyone if that was the reason) sorry for the long question, I know this is Simple Questions, but I feel this is the best place to ask :)
PS is all about battling without the hassle of training up competitive pokemon and the teambuilder is made to be fast and easy. Since it is possible to get a 6IV zigzagoon w/ extreme speed and a good nature in-game without hacking, showdown lets you use it.

Just a few minutes ago I got this message popping up saying "You were demoted to room regular user by [regular user]." First off, I wasn't even voiced, and second, the person who "demoted" me was a regular user herself. How the hell does that even work? I tried to ask them what they did, but all I got was a whole load of winking faces. Am I just missing something, like some command that makes a pop-up box on someone else's window? Or were they some kind of undercover global mod without an @ symbol?! I NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT I'M TEARING MY HAIR OUT OVER THIS D:

P.S. It just happened again, I'm so confused and it sucks

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just a few minutes ago I got this message popping up saying "You were demoted to room regular user by [regular user]." First off, I wasn't even voiced, and second, the person who "demoted" me was a regular user herself. How the hell does that even work? I tried to ask them what they did, but all I got was a whole load of winking faces. Am I just missing something, like some command that makes a pop-up box on someone else's window? Or were they some kind of undercover global mod without an @ symbol?! I NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT I'M TEARING MY HAIR OUT OVER THIS D:

P.S. It just happened again, I'm so confused and it sucks
It's probably just people messing around with ranking in battle rooms. It's completely harmless. If it becomes a problem, report it to a moderator and they will deal with it accordingly.

Are there any moves other than Fly/Dig/Etc. and Whirlwind/Roar/Etc. that are invalid to use with Assist? (barring the obviously listed moves on the Smogon page)

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
It's probably just people messing around with ranking in battle rooms. It's completely harmless. If it becomes a problem, report it to a moderator and they will deal with it accordingly.
There is a fix for this being developed right now on the showdown github repository! The abuse should end sometime soon.

Ohhh, now I get it... I thought you couldn't promote/demote people if they weren't in the battle though lol.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I guess this is the best place to ask my question: I was laddering on the Suspect Ladder, and tonight Ive been undefeated (somehow), but my ELO has gone down from winning for whatever reason. Can someon eexplain why? I dont really wanna keep laddering if this keeps happening :/

Screenshots (At the Bottom of each):

I guess this is the best place to ask my question: I was laddering on the Suspect Ladder, and tonight Ive been undefeated (somehow), but my ELO has gone down from winning for whatever reason. Can someon eexplain why? I dont really wanna keep laddering if this keeps happening :/

Screenshots (At the Bottom of each):

It looks like you lost a game then won a game. Gaining/Losing Elo depends on a lot of things and it looks like you lost more Elo on the game you lost than you gained on the game you won therefor marking you lower on the ladder.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It looks like you lost a game then won a game. Gaining/Losing Elo depends on a lot of things and it looks like you lost more Elo on the game you lost than you gained on the game you won therefor marking you lower on the ladder.
And theres that. Thanks for catching it.

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Alright some lovely people and I are bringing this giveaway to the masses. Please read the rules carefully or you will be ignored.

I'm part of a little group of smogon breeders called "The Type Of The Month Club" where we pick a pokemon type, breed some pokemon of said type and then giveaway and exchange the fruits of our labor.

This Month I am hosting the Water type. Below are the pokemon available for the giveaway with some simple rules to follow:

1. You must PM me a picture + a fun fact about a plant or animal that primarily lives in water. I am a biologist so I can appreciate entries regarding fungus, bacteria etc but I will also know if you just made shit up.
2. The max number of photos+facts is 3. Each photo is not considered a separate entry but the more interesting/odd things you choose the better you will be overall judged.
3. I will run this giveaway until July 2nd 12 am GMT -5
4. I will then share the entries with my fellow club members and we will judge who deserves a prize.
5. You will be able to choose your prize, the number of prizes will depend on how many people enter.
6. We would like the re-dis policy on the pokemon to be followed, the more often people ignore this the less cool prizes we may offer.
7. All pokemon will be level 1 and un-trained.

Bred by: awiec
--->

Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant
Spread: 31/31/31//05/31/31
Moves: Mud Sport, Bubble and Knock Off
OT: CoKiM
ID:12668
Spread: 31/31/31/05/31/31
Redistribution Policy: Semi-Redis

Ability: Anticipation
Spread: 31/31/31/11/31/31
Moves: Earth Power, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump and Spark
Spread:31/31/31/11/31/31
OT: Chris
ID: 29993
Redistribution Policy: Non-Redis

Ability: Lightning Rod
Spread: 31/31/31/22/31/31
Moves: Water Sport, Hydro Pump, Psybeam and Aqua Tail
Spread: 31/31/31/22/31/31
OT: Leona
ID: 01069

Nature: Calm
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Yawn, Signal Beam, Sleep Talk, Curse
Spread: 31/20/31/31/31/31
OT: August
ID: 64966

Nature: Quiet
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Water Gun, Water Pulse, Water Spout
Spread: 31/27/31/31/31/00
OT: Zandin
ID: 32918

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Knock Off, Mud Shot
Spread: 31/31/31/24/31/31
OT: Jenna
ID: 09307

Bred By: .com

Nature: Modest
Ability: Water Veil
Moves: Tickle | Soak | Defense Curl | Clear Smog
IV Spread: 31/30/30/31/30/31 (HP Bug)
OT: Misty
ID: 08753
(Nickname: TOTM!)

Ability: Damp
Moves: Counter | Mirror Coat | Curse | Avalanche
IV Spread: 31/31/31/25/31/31
ID: 03049
(Nickname: kipz++;)

Ability: Torrent
Moves: Counter | Mirror Coat | Curse | Avalanche
IV Spread: 31/31/31/25/31/31
ID: 03049
(Nickname: for(;;)mk++;)

Bred By: lockiegengar12

Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Brine, Hydro Pump, Destiny Bond, Thrash
IV Spread: 31/31/31/23/31/31
OT: Lockie
ID: 62290
Full-Redis

Moves: Sonicboom, Baton Pass, Switcheroo, Aqua Tail
IV Spread: 31/31/31/15/31/31
Full-Redis

Nature: Bold
Ability: Storm Drain
Moves: Brine, Mirror Coat
IV Spread: 31/28/31/31/31/31
Full-Redis

Nature: Timid
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Mirror Move, Brine, Air Cutter
IV Spread: 31/14/31/31/31/31
OT: Reyolcan
ID: 63047
Full-Redis

Bred By flargananddingle

Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Amnesia | Haze | Mirror Coat | Twister
IV Spread: 31/20/31/31/31/31
OT: Mike
ID: 43466

Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Mirror Coat | Refresh | Mist | Pain Split
IV Spread: 31/15/31/31/31/31
OT: Mike
ID: 43466

Bred By Valzy

Ability: Skill Link
Moves: Tackle, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Aqua Ring
IV Spread: 31/31/31/23/31/31
OT: Matt
ID: 00663

Moves: Water Gun, Dragon Dance, Whirlpool, Freeze-Dry
IV Spread: 31/25/31/31/31/31

Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Aqua Ring, Rapid Spin, Confuse Ray, Knock Off
IV Spread: 31/xx/31/31/31/31

Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Water Gun, Supersonic
IV Spread: 31/21/31/31/31/31

Ability: Mega Launcher
Moves: Splash, Water Gun
IV Spread: 31/23/31/31/31/31
ID:00663

Bred By ClutchesOfBlood

Egg Moves: Dragon Dance
IV Spread: 31/31/31/21/31/31
OT: Anthony
ID: 53079

Nature: Naive
Ability: Shell Armor
Egg Moves: Aqua Ring | Refresh | Barrier | Confuse Ray
IV Spread: 31/31/31/31/00/31
OT: Anthony
ID: 53079

Bred by evan0913

Egg Moves: Astonish, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Giga Drain
IV Spread: 31/08/31/31/31/31
OT: Beyonce'
ID: 13478
Non-Redis

Egg Moves: Water Sport, Mist, Haze, Encore
IV Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: Azmort
ID: 54733
Non-Redis

Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
Egg Moves: Flail, Aqua Jet, Haze, Acid Spray
IV Spread: 31/31/31/22/31/31
OT: Jacob
ID: 33071
Non-Redis

Bred By Mewdraco

Ability: Torrent
Egg Moves: N/A
IV Spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: Andres
ID: 33220
Full-Redis

Egg Moves: Water Sport, Hydro Pump,Hidden Power
IV Spread: 31/13/30/30/31/31 [Hp Grass]
OT: Andres
ID: 33220
Full-Redis​

I hope everyone has fun with this giveaway and hopefully I learn something new too.

Try the Wifi Forum.

Try the Wifi Forum.
We are in the Wifi forum, I followed all rules in regards to giveaways in this thread and there is no true designated place for them. I have it posted in my trade thread as well but posting here for a little extra exposure is not frowned upon.

edit* way too tired today

Last edited:

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
We are in the Wifi forum, I followed all rules in regards to giveaways in this thread and there is no true designated place for them. I have it posted in my trade thread as well but posting here for a little extra exposure is not frowned upon.
This is the Pokemon Showdown! forum

I am currently in a monotype tournament and need some help. We are allowed to change our Pokemon (from 8 Pokemon of our type we chose beforehand), their movesets, and their EVs between matches, so that is no problem. My team is Poison, and I am trying to finish a team to combat a Fighting-type opponent. I have my first 5 slots filled, and am wondering between my 6th. I was thinking either Drapion or Skuntank (Drapion has access to Aerial Ace and Earthquake, but Skuntank has Play Rough and Foul Play). I'm slightly intrepid about using either, as both are Dark-type Pokemon. I could use Victreebel, but I already have Venusaur on my team. Could anyone offer any suggestions, detailing the EV spread, Ability, items, (and most importantly) moves, of the selected Pokemon (to combat a Fighting-type team). If you can't fill out all of these, that's fine, and thank you beforehand!

I am currently in a monotype tournament and need some help. We are allowed to change our Pokemon (from 8 Pokemon of our type we chose beforehand), their movesets, and their EVs between matches, so that is no problem. My team is Poison, and I am trying to finish a team to combat a Fighting-type opponent. I have my first 5 slots filled, and am wondering between my 6th. I was thinking either Drapion or Skuntank (Drapion has access to Aerial Ace and Earthquake, but Skuntank has Play Rough and Foul Play). I'm slightly intrepid about using either, as both are Dark-type Pokemon. I could use Victreebel, but I already have Venusaur on my team. Could anyone offer any suggestions, detailing the EV spread, Ability, items, (and most importantly) moves, of the selected Pokemon (to combat a Fighting-type team). If you can't fill out all of these, that's fine, and thank you beforehand!
You can try asking these types of questions on the monotype room: play.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype
As for poison monotypes, you have Crobat which is poison/flying and has access to flying STAB moves. You would also use Weezing for Will-o-wisp as most fighting type mons are physical.

It would also be nice to have the importable of the rest of your team to know what fits, but as Formerhope said, go to the monotype room.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Well I don't see why him asking here is a big deal. In addition if the tournament was IN the Monotype room him asking there defeats the purpose and let's him get countered doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)