Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Dumb question: Which OU rank will be used when ORAS is released? Will our ranks be at our XY OU rank, or our ORAS OU rank? Also, will XY OU still be playable somewhere on PS?

The ladder is resetting due to the current issues, so neither of your previous ranks will be in use.
Is this for both Glicko and Elo? Assumming it will be, just want to make sure I don't waste time laddering to find I have my crappy old glicko.

Also will XY OU be playable somehere on PS too?

Is this for both Glicko and Elo? Assumming it will be, just want to make sure I don't waste time laddering to find I have my crappy old glicko.

Also will XY OU be playable somehere on PS too?
Everything on the ladder reset so it's basically a blank slate. I'm not sure if there will be XY OU.

Hi, I've been playing showdown for a a while and enjoy it very much. That being said, I have installed the local client was wondering two things:

1) Where are the pokemon and move animation sprites stored? Are they in the .pak files or the .dll ones? I was told that they're in the .pak ones- if so, how do I unpack and repack? I'm looking to customize my client so I want to know how sprite replacement can be done.

2) How can I edit move effects, distribution, and stats? I want to create a metagame of my own but am unsure of how. Also, once editing is done, how do I host it?

I would be extremely appreciative of any help. :)

So I'm interested in creating a pet mod server on PS that would allow me to test Pokemon with modified base stats, among other things (new Mega Evolutions, essentially). I've successfully created a working server on my computer for PS, and have also edited the "aliases", "items", "learnsets" and "pokedex" scripts in the Pokemon-Showdown folder to include a test Mega. However, when I set up the server through the Mac Terminal, it runs just like an unedited Pokemon Showdown--my Mega Pokemon or the Mega Stone, as well as the Pokemon's new moves, don't show up. However, if I make an error in the code--say, I fail to close a bracket--the server crashes, so I know that the server is indeed pulling the scripts from my computer and not the general server. Am I forgetting to edit something so that the additions I made will show?

EDIT: Hmm, it seems like no edits I make to the script on my computer take effect, but errors that lead to the server being unable to read the scripts cause it to crash; I changed Bulbasaur's typing to Fire/Poison to see if the change would show up on my server, but its typing remained Grass/Poison, at least on Teambuilder. I'm not sure how I would make my changes show up, though.

EDIT 2: Some changes seem to show, like editing the names of battle formats.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been playing showdown for a a while and enjoy it very much. That being said, I have installed the local client was wondering two things:

1) Where are the pokemon and move animation sprites stored? Are they in the .pak files or the .dll ones? I was told that they're in the .pak ones- if so, how do I unpack and repack? I'm looking to customize my client so I want to know how sprite replacement can be done.

2) How can I edit move effects, distribution, and stats? I want to create a metagame of my own but am unsure of how. Also, once editing is done, how do I host it?

I would be extremely appreciative of any help. :)
I'm not entirely sure, but this link may help you with your issues :]

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In the original RSE games, it only worked on Pokémon found using Dive, so I'd assume it has the same effect. Therefore it wouldn't work on Kyogre.

For future reference, a better place for questions pertaining to in-game things would be Orange Islands. http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/orange-islands.205/
Ok thanks. But I'm confused, the article here says otherwise (RSE) ---> http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/capture_mechanics (in the sample calculations)

EDIT: Oh, I'm very sorry, I didn't know this is for showdown. Stupid me for not reading carefully.

Last edited:
Ok thanks... But I'm confused, the article here says otherwise (RSE) ---> http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/capture_mechanics (in the sample calculations)

EDIT: Oh, I'm very sorry, I didn't know this is for showdown... stupid me for not reading carefully
Dive balls have a 3.5x multiplier on Pokemon when fishing, surfing, or underwater. It should work better on Kyogre
(BTW as suggested before the right place is the Orange Islands SQSA :] )

Uhm, is Mummy broken? I was in an OU ranked match and the rising popular Mega Lopunny immediately went for the fake out on my Cofagrigis and lost scrappy for mummy, then switches out. Later on in the match he brings his Lopunny back out and and I predict the fake out and go into my Cofagrigis. Surprisingly, the fake out did 1/3 of my Cofag's health. I thought it was just a bug that just spontaneously happened, but then it KOS my Cofag with a Drain Punch. To be honest, I was kind of pissed.

And, what a surprise, I can't make a replay....

Uhm, is Mummy broken? I was in an OU ranked match and the rising popular Mega Lopunny immediately went for the fake out on my Cofagrigis and lost scrappy for mummy, then switches out. Later on in the match he brings his Lopunny back out and and I predict the fake out and go into my Cofagrigis. Surprisingly, the fake out did 1/3 of my Cofag's health. I thought it was just a bug that just spontaneously happened, but then it KOS my Cofag with a Drain Punch. To be honest, I was kind of pissed.

And, what a surprise, I can't make a replay....
Mummy doesn't stay upon switchout. Mega Lopunny regains Scrappy upon switching back in. It's strange that it would still be able to hit you with Drain Punch, though, seeing as Fake Out is a contact move and should have given it Mummy again.

How come whenever i battle with my friend and he uses ice beam it always freezes my gardevoir and gallade first hit and they stay frozen no matter what. He doesn't have any items that would allow him to freeze me so i am quite confused here. Could it possibly be a problem in the servers that need fixed or am i really just that unlucky? Help would be much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)