Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
@torchicblaziken no just like acupressure its not violating evasion clause, however there is no evasion clause on PO at the moment so you would be free to use even double team and minimize.

Hey calc experts, I need help with a Burungel Acid Armor set. I need enough special defense EVs to laugh off to take a Dark Pulse by the Dark/Dragon, but just enough so that after on Acid Armor it can not be 2HKOed after rocks or two layers of spikes by a Choice Band Crunch Tyranitar.

I think I read this somewhere... that pokeshifting was region locked (i.e. gen 4 from North America can't pokeshift to Gen 5 from Japan). So,

a) Is this true?
b) If so, is there any way to get (or at least see) a turtwig or evolution, or a cacturne or evolution?
a) Yes.
b) Just trade for one. If you want the particular Turtwig/Cacturne on your American Gen 4 games, just Wi-Fi trade them to someone with a Japanese 4th gen game, have them Pokéshift to B/W and then trade you back.

And an extension to my questions, do power items work if one parent is holding it while the other is holding the everstone? (assuming if the above questions have been proven true and that both are foreign parents.)
I can't say anything about the foreign part, but yes I've been breeding an everstone-holding pokemon and a power item-holding pokemon (both Japanese) in my White and they've been working together.

@Markus: I'm in America and I got my confirmation email almost instantaneously if I remember correctly, so it might be your email. Try registering using another email address.

Are you able to transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 games over WITH HM moves? I want to transfer over my Pokewalker Flying Pikachu, but I'm not sure if transfer mechanics changed.

Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from generation four to generation five? If so, how does this happen? Do all of their moves remain intact? Can they bring over a held item? Where can I find more information on this?

In addition, where can I find information on breeding in Generation five?

Are you able to transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 games over WITH HM moves? I want to transfer over my Pokewalker Flying Pikachu, but I'm not sure if transfer mechanics changed.
I'm not entirely sure, but according to serebii you can't... (I worked so hard for my hm pikachus too...)

Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from generation four to generation five? If so, how does this happen? Do all of their moves remain intact? Can they bring over a held item? Where can I find more information on this?

In addition, where can I find information on breeding in Generation five?
Yes, it's called the pokeshifter. You can access it after beating the elite four. In addition you can't pokeshift using two games from different regions. You can find more information here

As for breeding, it's identical to the breeding mechanics in g4 (the latest HGSS mechanics). The only real difference is that the day care man yells at you when there's an egg instead of turning, lol.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey calc experts, I need help with a Burungel Acid Armor set. I need enough special defense EVs to laugh off to take a Dark Pulse by the Dark/Dragon, but just enough so that after on Acid Armor it can not be 2HKOed after rocks or two layers of spikes by a Choice Band Crunch Tyranitar.
Impossible. After Acid Armor, a max/max Bold Burungeru takes 49.01 - 57.92% from CB Max Attack Adamant Tyranitar's Crunch, a guaranteed 2HKO with Stealth Rock or 2 layers of spikes (if only 1 layer is up, there is a 95% chance of 2HKO). With no entry hazards, Burungeru has a 43.26% to survive 2 hits from the given Tyranitar.
With the given spread (below), Burungeru takes 66.83 - 78.71% from a Modest 252Atk Sazandora's STAB Dark Pulse. Guaranteed 2HKO no matter what, but it will not OHKO unless there are 3 layers of Spikes up (and even then, Burungeru has a 79.49% to survive).
Recap: Burungeru is an extremely shaky check to CB Tyranitar. Run 252HP/252Def/4Sp.D Bold if you choose to do so.

a) Yes.
b) Just trade for one. If you want the particular Turtwig/Cacturne on your American Gen 4 games, just Wi-Fi trade them to someone with a Japanese 4th gen game, have them Pokéshift to B/W and then trade you back.
But in order to trade for one, I need to have seen one... don't I? Do you not have to see a pokemon before you can trade for it in gen 5?

Where is the effort ribbon person in pokemon black
Souryuu city
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/useful.shtml - important people B/W

Can i post something like a RMT in uncharted territory, even if i label it as Other?

And, i would like to make a warstory, but i have no clue how =/
I have the log, but how do i put the sprites?

Will legendary Pokemon, such as Zapdos and Entei, be found in Dream World by amassing more points or through Nintendo events, like Arceus?

I'm sure you need to have seen it for the GTS, but I'm sure that in actual trades you don't need to have seen it.
That's what I thought. Which was why I asked if there was any way to get or see a turtwig evolution in my initial question... which I will now re-ask.

Anyone know where I can see a turtwig evolution (if it's possible) in B/W
I'll try a trade thread too...

What makes a team weak to stall? I keep reading in the RMT section comments like " Your team is weak to stall" or "You have no threats to stall." I don't know those bits of info on how to make a team not stall-weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)