Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone upload a YouTube video of going into someone else's game in High Link, not just the ad for it? Also, do the HG/SS Poké Balls have a special opening animation or do they still have the regular Poké Ball animation?
Are contest stats still in the string of data that makes up each Pokémon, so if you bring a max Beauty Milotic, the game will still silently know that it has max beauty, even if it isn't shown or utilized in the game at all?

What would be the basic layout for a WiFi team? I'm confused as to how it goes, because I definitely know I can't just pick 6 random mons, equip them with a set, and get rolling. Is there anything specific as to how your team should layout?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Can someone upload a YouTube video of going into someone else's game in High Link, not just the ad for it? Also, do the HG/SS Poké Balls have a special opening animation or do they still have the regular Poké Ball animation?
Are contest stats still in the string of data that makes up each Pokémon, so if you bring a max Beauty Milotic, the game will still silently know that it has max beauty, even if it isn't shown or utilized in the game at all?
Is there something specific you would like to know? I've done it a few times. I don't have the means to upload a video though. I can give a brief run-down of the process.

1. Have two DS with Japanese copies of Black or White.
2. Load both games and leave one on the overworld. Click Wireless on the C-Gear with the other and then click to top left button.
3. You will be transported to High Link on the second DS. After arriving, go left or right until you approach a wall of light. The game should pause momentarily while the DS searches for a signal. The signal should drop to red on both DS before returning to green.
4. You will then pass through the wall of light and arrive in the other player's High Link. Approach the stone in the center of high link and select one of the missions.
5. A map will appear on the bottom screen and you can select a city to be transported to. If you are trying to gain Pokemon in your White Forest, choose Black City.
6. Once you arrive in Black City, talk to everyone until you find the three or four people who will present you with a choice of Yes or No. Choose Yes and the base form of their Pokemon will appear in your High Link forest.

Each time you connect to another person's game you are restricted by a time limit. You cannot wander indefinitely unless you repeatedly attempt missions. You cannot find Pokemon in their game and cannot battle trainers.

Is anyone here familiar with connecting locally via High Link? I have the empty Black City bug on my retail game. I have it and a ROM running on separate DS consoles. Both show full wifi signals when standing in the central area of High Link, but both signals drop when the player character crosses the bridges on either side. The wifi bars go to full strength again in the centre area. I can't seem to make either game host. Does anyone know of a solution. I need the high link to work to reset my empty Black City.
Added note: The wifi bars never go back to normal once I stand on a bridge.

New page. Still need help getting my two games to connect. Does this only work for retail? Has anyone tried it with two ROM games or one ROM game and one retail?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

New page. Still need help getting my two games to connect. Does this only work for retail? Has anyone tried it with two ROM games or one ROM game and one retail?
If you're talking about a retail cart and a flashcart, some if not all flashcarts do not have local wifi capability. Mine doesn't.

Does anyone know if there is a man in the black/white battle subway area (or anywhere else in the game) that will give you a hint as to the IVs of you Pokemon?

Just how there was a man in the 4th gen games who would give remarks such as "I'd say its best in Attack. It can't be better in that regard".

i have retail, and have connected with another retail, wifi bar always drops on bridge.

one person goes to highlink, wait in the middle untill this like blue stairway thing on the touch screen appears, making a kinda upside down U, you'll know it when you see it, extends from where the 2 bridges are in highlink on the. and there is a mini map on the top right of the minimap that is blue and of your friends game IIRC.

if it doesnt show up, i run from bridge to bridge, and dag around in the middle, some times it takes a little while, but not more then like 5 mins on a bad day.
normally only like 30 seconds.

then just run through the bridges. you can teleport to any area, even ones they havnt unlocked yet, by touching that city on the minimap, or talk to the coloured shine thing and do missions, you then turn into a butler and have 3 minutes to do stuff, ive only completed one, not sure how i did it, didnt really try reading the japanese as i normally do, was just screwing around, but if you dont start a mission you have as long as you want.

Does anyone know if there is a man in the black/white battle subway area (or anywhere else in the game) that will give you a hint as to the IVs of you Pokemon?

Just how there was a man in the 4th gen games who would give remarks such as "I'd say its best in Attack. It can't be better in that regard".
As soon as you enter on battle subway, the guy on the right from the center collumn is the IV man.

Does Lucario keep Mischievous Heart as it evolves from Riolu? Or does it turn into Justice Heart? I have a feeling it's the latter scenario, but actual confirmation would be nice.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I've got an easy "flawless" HP Fire Egg IV seed. Is there anything breedable specifically in Gen 5 that absolutely MUST have HP Fire? I can't think of anything.

If you're talking about a retail cart and a flashcart, some if not all flashcarts do not have local wifi capability. Mine doesn't.
All right. I was hoping this wasn't the case, since I can trade between a White ROM and my retail game using local wifi.

i have retail, and have connected with another retail, wifi bar always drops on bridge.

one person goes to highlink, wait in the middle untill this like blue stairway thing on the touch screen appears, making a kinda upside down U, you'll know it when you see it, extends from where the 2 bridges are in highlink on the. and there is a mini map on the top right of the minimap that is blue and of your friends game IIRC.

if it doesnt show up, i run from bridge to bridge, and dag around in the middle, some times it takes a little while, but not more then like 5 mins on a bad day.
normally only like 30 seconds.

then just run through the bridges. you can teleport to any area, even ones they havnt unlocked yet, by touching that city on the minimap, or talk to the coloured shine thing and do missions, you then turn into a butler and have 3 minutes to do stuff, ive only completed one, not sure how i did it, didnt really try reading the japanese as i normally do, was just screwing around, but if you dont start a mission you have as long as you want.
I'll try again, but it's not looking good for a connection between a retail game and a ROM running on another DS.

I've got an easy "flawless" HP Fire Egg IV seed. Is there anything breedable specifically in Gen 5 that absolutely MUST have HP Fire? I can't think of anything.
The only thing remotely useful that crossed my mind is chlorophyll Doredia. If it was a wild catch i would suggest kyurem but oh well.

All right. I was hoping this wasn't the case, since I can trade between a White ROM and my retail game using local wifi.

I'll try again, but it's not looking good for a connection between a retail game and a ROM running on another DS.
The same happens to me,i however use two Roms.When i try to access the high link using my white with a black on the overworld it never conects.On the other side, when i try with my Black, leaving the white in the overworld i manage to connect. To be honest, i don't know what to think anymore. :/

Can anyone confirm/deny whether you're actually GIVEN the Effort Ribbon in this game? I've heard some people say you simply don't get it, and that the girl in Soryuu only says "It needs to work harder" or "It's worked hard!" (paraphrasing). Anyone?

Can anyone confirm/deny whether you're actually GIVEN the Effort Ribbon in this game? I've heard some people say you simply don't get it, and that the girl in Soryuu only says "It needs to work harder" or "It's worked hard!" (paraphrasing). Anyone?
Right, the EV checker is still there but she doesn't give out the ribbon. Actually no ribbons are given out at all in BW, they can only be imported.

Just an update for those who noticed my posts about high link between a ROM and a retail game. I got it working, but so far, this hasn't helped much to unlock the empty Black City glitch. One hiker reappeared, but that's all.

Right, the EV checker is still there but she doesn't give out the ribbon. Actually no ribbons are given out at all in BW, they can only be imported.
How incredibly annoying. Oh well, good to at least know I'm not doing anything wrong. Thanks for the heads-up.

Just an update for those who noticed my posts about high link between a ROM and a retail game. I got it working, but so far, this hasn't helped much to unlock the empty Black City glitch. One hiker reappeared, but that's all.
what you do, is when you are in the other persons white forest, you talk to the people there, and some of them offer a yes or no question, say yes, and they port away, and come into your black city.

i had an empty city till i talked to all the people in girlfriends forest, then i had a full city with the big building in the middle, and could buy leaf stones etc.

she had a empty forest till she talked to the guys in my game.
even when your place is empty, it has trainers that the person in highlink can see and take back into their game.

least thats how it worked for me.

what you do, is when you are in the other persons white forest, you talk to the people there, and some of them offer a yes or no question, say yes, and they port away, and come into your black city.

i had an empty city till i talked to all the people in girlfriends forest, then i had a full city with the big building in the middle, and could buy leaf stones etc.

she had a empty forest till she talked to the guys in my game.
even when your place is empty, it has trainers that the person in highlink can see and take back into their game.

least thats how it worked for me.
I'll be more systematic about talking to everyone on my next test. Thanks for the tip.

Okay, I know sleep counters reset when you switch out, but I thought read somewhere that sleep is now set to 3 turns. Is that true?

Important:

Bulbapedia has the following description for Swords Dance:

Swords Dance increases the user's Attack stat by two stages. Swords Dance will do nothing if the user's Attack stat has reached a stage of +6 or a value of 999.

Is that just the Gen. I mechanic or does it work like that in B/W? Because if it does, the same goes for every other boosting move, and that means Swords Dancing with Breloom 3 times (for example) will be worthless because reaching a value of 1576 ( = 394 x 4 ) is not possible. Gulp. My damage calcs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)