Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Start of turn 36
Rankurusu used Psychic!
The foe's Garchomp lost 73% of its health!

The foe's Garchomp used Outrage!
Rankurusu lost 268 HP! (63% of its health)

The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Start of turn 37
Rankurusu lost 56 HP! (13% of its health)
Rankurusu fainted!

[Mr Angeal] sent out Ditto!
Pointed stones dug into Ditto!

Ditto transformed into Garchomp!

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
Ditto lost 226 HP! (75% of its health)
Ditto's Rough Skin hurts the foe's Garchomp
Ditto fainted!

The foe's Garchomp calmed down!
The foe's Garchomp became confused!"
Hi maybe I missed something when they were explaining Ditto but, how is it that out sped me? I am a Jolly Ditto with a spread of 252HP/6DEF/252SPEED? I was pretty sure that Ditto was suppose to copy the opponents Pokemon STATS. This is bothering me so if anyone could tell me how Garchomp out sped me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah, HP Fire. So basically a Specs or Scarf Latias/Latios is your best bet I guess(even Sazandora might work).

Also wtf how the hell did I forget Blissey lol. Just keep it away from Trick and you're good.

"Start of turn 36
Rankurusu used Psychic!
The foe's Garchomp lost 73% of its health!

Rankurusu lost 268 HP! (63% of its health)

The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Start of turn 37
Rankurusu lost 56 HP! (13% of its health)
Rankurusu fainted!

[Mr Angeal] sent out Ditto!
Pointed stones dug into Ditto!

Ditto transformed into Garchomp!

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
Ditto lost 226 HP! (75% of its health)
Ditto's Rough Skin hurts the foe's Garchomp
Ditto fainted!

The foe's Garchomp calmed down!
The foe's Garchomp became confused!"
Hi maybe I missed something when they were explaining Ditto but, how is it that out sped me? I am a Jolly Ditto with a spread of 252HP/6DEF/252SPEED? I was pretty sure that Ditto was suppose to copy the opponents Pokemon STATS. This is bothering me so if anyone could tell me how Garchomp out sped me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Why do you run speed on your ditto? Just use 255HP Jolly and you will at least tie with anything in the game

Okay If have wondered about this Question for a while now... I have not imported the Pokemon BW and will pre-order when the game is released... So the question is after using either of the PokeShifter or the Transfer Machine... Can you return the HGSS, DP, or Pt Event poke's specifically Arceus or the Shiny Beasts back to on of the 4th Gen Games or not?...

Same mechanics for Ditto, but its Dream World ability lets it transform right away, as well as copy all the stats/stat changes/EVs of its opponent (other than HP).

If Ditto has eccentric, it just activates like any other ability, ie, he transforms as soon as you send him out.

However if it doesn't have eccentric as his ability, you need to use the move transform for it to do so.

EDIT: ugh

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why do people give EVs to Ditto? I really don't see the logic behind EVing other stats than HP.
There's a tiny bit of significance for a last Pokémon Ditto vs. Ditto battle where the previous two both died to an Explosion or something. Otherwise, everything you give it aside from HP is completely irrelevant, yeah.

Is there anyway to briefly describe the relationship between HP and defensive stats? I know there's pokemon with jumbo HP stats, like Wailord or Drifiblim, that have poor defenses and generally seem pretty frail. Then there's pokemon like Shuckle who has insane defenses but a depressing HP stat. The more balanced examples would be 74/131/116 (Nattorei) or 65/115/115 (Zuruzikin) which seem pretty good.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
HP * Def or SpD determines physical/special bulk. Generally you want the two numbers to be as equal as you can to get maximum bulk.

When would be a reasonable time to expect the latest banlist to be posted? I don't want to stay up too late waiting, but I want to see it before I go to bed...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When would be a reasonable time to expect the latest banlist to be posted? I don't want to stay up too late waiting, but I want to see it before I go to bed...
When the new suspect round thread is open. Which would be in a few hours, as the Pokemon voting ends in just over 20 minutes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)