Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Chieliee, it depends on what you want, do you want a guaranteed sleep the next turn, or do you want a 60% Chance to put the opponent to sleep instantly (Or 84% in two turns)? From experience, I find Hypnosis to be better, albeit unreliable, but in the end, it's your choice.

How much BP does one get on a normal pass through the Battle Subway? I know the first battle with Upton/Ingo gives 10 BP, and the second gives 30, but what about the normal sets?

I need to know which Larvesta I should use. I've been breeding them and these are the good ones:

HP/Att/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe

31/19/31/30/28/31 w/ Hidden Power Ground 49 Timid
31/4/26/31/27/31 w/ Hidden Power Ice 68 Timid
31/14/20/31/31/31 w/ Hidden Power Ice 67 Timid

Or should I keep breeding? :/

Sorry for the bump.
Bulbapedia page

"Mist prevents the effects of primary stat modifications inflicted by the opponent. If a move used by the opponent could only cause a stat change (such as Growl or Kinesis), that move will fail. However, Mist will have no effect on side effect stat modifiers used by the opponent, such as defense reducing via Acid or special reducing via Psychic.
Mist does not remove any stat modifiers already in effect, does not prevent the stat modifications associated with burns or paralysis, and does not prevent the user from successfully using stat modifiers. The effect of Mist can only be removed by switching, Defog, or Haze.
Mist will fail if the user is already under its effect"

So no. Mist only prevents stat modifiers inflicted by the opponent. (that's what I think)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I need to know which Larvesta I should use. I've been breeding them and these are the good ones:

HP/Att/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe

31/19/31/30/28/31 w/ Hidden Power Ground 49 Timid
31/4/26/31/27/31 w/ Hidden Power Ice 68 Timid
31/14/20/31/31/31 w/ Hidden Power Ice 67 Timid

Or should I keep breeding? :/
Assuming this is going to be evolved into a competitive Volcarona, I'd use the bolded one. The perfect IVs here are exactly what you want, and the lower Defense IV is probably negligible because Volcarona has about as much physical bulk as Alakazam. The HP Ice is nice for coverage (assuming you even use it over Morning Sun) and you don't really need HP Ground considering most Heatran are set-up fodder.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assuming this is going to be evolved into a competitive Volcarona, I'd use the bolded one. The perfect IVs here are exactly what you want, and the lower Defense IV is probably negligible because Volcarona has about as much physical bulk as Alakazam. The HP Ice is nice for coverage (assuming you even use it over Morning Sun) and you don't really need HP Ground considering most Heatran are set-up fodder.
Really? Alakazam has 45 Base Def och Volcarona has 65. Rather big difference. And HP Ground is much better than HP Ice on Volcarona as seen here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83015
If he's going to use it.

Really? Alakazam has 45 Base Def och Volcarona has 65. Rather big difference. And HP Ground is much better than HP Ice on Volcarona as seen here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83015
If he's going to use it.
Yeah, I figured that I'd get walled by Heatran otherwise. I've gotten a 31/6/31/31/29/31 w/ lol Dragon 49 Timid. I'll just use Morning Sun over Hidden Power, because I think you need an imperfect Speed IV for HP Rock, which is lame.

So as we all know, to force Resiram or Zekrom to go to Dragonspiral tower, your entire PC must be full, as well as your party, giving the dragon no room to go. I haven't actually reached that point in the story yet, but wouldn't it be easier to just not have any poke balls in your inventory for the battle? Or does the game forcibly give you some if you're out?

I have a few questions. I bought Pokemon White a couple days ago and I decided that I wanted to get to the end game content as soon as possible because for me that's when the game really starts.

I decided to buy a DSI Action replay and I wanted to know if there are any legal codes I can use that would not be frowned upon and would not give me any kind of unfair advantages when battling people on wifi.

I just recently beat the 3rd gym leader, the codes I have used so far are the following:

900x of all medicines in medicine bag which includes 900 Rare Candies, the only reason I used this code.

Have all TMs + HMs, originally I was not going to use either of these codes but codejunkies has it so that when you use the 900x medicine code it puts some of the weaker medicines ( Potion, Burn Heal, etc ) in the TMs + HMs slot. In order to fix that I used this code to hide/erase the misplaced medicine.. and it worked.

Admittedly I am using the TMs on my Pokemon but I don't see any harm in doing so.

I do plan on using the 100% catch rate with any pokeball(s) code sooner rather then later.

Again, would using the codes I just talked about be frowned upon or give me any kind of unfair advantage in wifi battles/trades/etc in the long run?

I have a few questions. I bought Pokemon White a couple days ago and I decided that I wanted to get to the end game content as soon as possible because for me that's when the game really starts.

I decided to buy a DSI Action replay and I wanted to know if there are any legal codes I can use that would not be frowned upon and would not give me any kind of unfair advantages when battling people on wifi.

I just recently beat the 3rd gym leader, the codes I have used so far are the following:

900x of all medicines in medicine bag which includes 900 Rare Candies, the only reason I used this code.

Have all TMs + HMs, originally I was not going to use either of these codes but codejunkies has it so that when you use the 900x medicine code it puts some of the weaker medicines ( Potion, Burn Heal, etc ) in the TMs + HMs slot. In order to fix that I used this code to hide/erase the misplaced medicine.. and it worked.

Admittedly I am using the TMs on my Pokemon but I don't see any harm in doing so.

I do plan on using the 100% catch rate with any pokeball(s) code sooner rather then later.

Again, would using the codes I just talked about be frowned upon or give me any kind of unfair advantage in wifi battles/trades/etc in the long run?
No, seeing how it's just for ease of convenience. As long as you don't play around with the pokemon, you should be fine.

How much BP does one get on a normal pass through the Battle Subway? I know the first battle with Upton/Ingo gives 10 BP, and the second gives 30, but what about the normal sets?
Bumping this question because I was just about to ask the same thing.

So as we all know, to force Resiram or Zekrom to go to Dragonspiral tower, your entire PC must be full, as well as your party, giving the dragon no room to go. I haven't actually reached that point in the story yet, but wouldn't it be easier to just not have any poke balls in your inventory for the battle? Or does the game forcibly give you some if you're out?
It's possible to go back and buy pokeballs before the fight, including after you try and fail to capture.

How can i get a sneasel with ice punch and pursuit in 5th gen?

If your answer is smeargle where do i find a pokemon that learns ice punch?

Hey,I wanted to ask something,I have pokemon White EU,Can i pokeshift from my USA HG?

The reason i'm asking this question is because i've heard that to pokeshift they must be from same regions (AKA you cant pokeshift a USA HG to a JAP White)

How can i get a sneasel with ice punch and pursuit in 5th gen?

If your answer is smeargle where do i find a pokemon that learns ice punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)