Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoap, it senses whenever you even change the DS System you're using, even if you don't touch the clock. I use my DS original and a DSi XL and a 3DS, and every time i switch machines i have to wait an extra day to Game Sync. I think if you have your DS's synchronised to each other exactly, you *might* avoid it, but i highly doubt that as my XL and 3DS are set to correct time (only my DS Original isn't, because of RNG'ing).

As long as you keep it in one DS system, and don't touch the clock, you'll be fine.

EDIT: I do know for sure that changing the clock back won't work, as it's not the time that matters, but the fact the time changed suddenly that will affect Game Sync. I tried it once to get around the 24hr extra limit and it didn't work.

I have a question about RNGing; is it possible to RNG at all on the DSi and 3DS?
I know you can rng using the CGear on dsi and 3DS but can you RNG when you have a dsi or 3ds with a 4th gen game ( This may be an obvious answer but most of the 4th Gen games were written before the dsi and 3ds was released so i always see in videos they use only ds(es) ).

Does Counter / Mirror Coat go through a Substitute? Thanks in advance
Found on bulbapedia:
@ Blazin
Found on Smogon (D/P HGSS) but i'm guessing it might go for 5th Gen also ( needs confirmation though)

Pokémon cannot Counter, Metal Burst, or Mirror Coat damage done to Substitutes. Pokémon cannot store energy via Bide with damage done to a Substitute. Pokémon can reflect moves with Magic Coat while behind a Substitute, even if the move would fail on the Substitute. Avalanche and Revenge are not boosted if the Substitute takes damage but the Pokémon does not.

Basically this means
pkmn 1: does the move substitute
pkmn 2: does a status move like toxic
pkmn 1: magic coat
pkmn 2: now has toxic status

pkmn 1: does the move substitute
pkmn2: does Atk or spAtk move
pkmn 1: does counter (move fails ), or mirror coat ( move fails )

HOPE THIS HELPS!! If you can please answer my question

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but according to poccil and his statistics for Tail Slap hitting, the average Base Power is ~148, taking technician and STAB into account?

Note that this is assuming it hits; accuracy isn't factored in.

Started with Tail Slap's base power, 25; plus STAB it's 37.5, plus STAB and Technician I rounded it to 56 (actual is 56.25). Because it always hits at least twice, that automatically brings the average up to 112. Then I did 56*0.35, which I rounded to 20. 112+20=132 (clearly). Finally, I did 56*0.15= ~8 (8.4, rounded to 8.) 8*2=16, since hitting 4 and five times is 15% each. Added 16 to 132 to get my final answer of aprox. 148.

I'd appreciate it if someone checked my math and told me what I was doing wrong.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have any idea what the problem with my PO is?

I can load everything except the server list, I just get this error:

So I'm working on a special wall Altaria set, and I noticed that Altaria's attack and sp. attack are pretty much the same. So if I was going to go with a something like:

Altaria
Leftovers
252hp/252spd/4spA
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw/Earthquake
-Roost
-Cotton Guard

What nature should I use? Does Altaria lose out on anything important at base 80 speed with a negative nature?

So I'm working on a special wall Altaria set, and I noticed that Altaria's attack and sp. attack are pretty much the same. So if I was going to go with a something like:

Altaria
Leftovers
252hp/252spd/4spA
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Claw/Earthquake
-Roost
-Cotton Guard

What nature should I use? Does Altaria lose out on anything important at base 80 speed with a negative nature?
I wouldn't use both Draco Meteor AND Dragon Claw, seeing as they're both dragon moves and having two attacks of the same type aren't particularly effective. That said, Draco Meteor is a special attack, while Dragon Claw and Earthquake are physical attacks. What I would do is go with Dragon Claw and Earthquake, and give it a Careful nature, to improve SpD while taking away from the (now useless) SpA stat. However, if you really want to learn towards using your Special Attack, you can use Draco Meteor and then give it Ice Beam or Flamethrower as its second move, and instead hand it a Calm nature.

I'm not sure if it loses on anything important with a hindering speed nature, though.

Can someone breed this Pokemon for me please?

eevee
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (HP bug 70) l Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Modest
Moves: tackle/ helping hand/ wish/ yawn
Availability: Level 50 EV trained
Could I please get this Pokemon please?
I want it because Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon.

Can someone breed this Pokemon for me please?

eevee
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (HP bug 70) l Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Modest
Moves: tackle/ helping hand/ wish/ yawn
Availability: Level 50 EV trained
Could I please get this Pokemon please?
I want it because Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon.
All 31's gives you HP Dark 70, not Bug. Also, is Blaze Blaziken banned as well? Lots of people are giving me different repsonses...

if a pokemon behind a substitute uses a damaging attack against a pokemon that uses Counter/Mirror Coat the substitute will be damaged and eventually break the pokemon behin the substute however will not receive any damage
I see, thanks!

@Glacia: try clicking advanced connection, you'll be able to get on a server that way. another option is to download the latest version of PO, maybe yours is outdated?

@waterwarrior: yes blaze blaziken is banned as well.

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but according to poccil and his statistics for Tail Slap hitting, the average Base Power is ~148, taking technician and STAB into account?

Note that this is assuming it hits; accuracy isn't factored in.

Started with Tail Slap's base power, 25; plus STAB it's 37.5, plus STAB and Technician I rounded it to 56 (actual is 56.25). Because it always hits at least twice, that automatically brings the average up to 112. Then I did 56*0.35, which I rounded to 20. 112+20=132 (clearly). Finally, I did 56*0.15= ~8 (8.4, rounded to 8.) 8*2=16, since hitting 4 and five times is 15% each. Added 16 to 132 to get my final answer of aprox. 148.

I'd appreciate it if someone checked my math and told me what I was doing wrong.
I'm not sure what the formula is, but I read in the Cinccino thread that multi-hit moves have ~112.5 BP on average with Technician. There was a few pages with discussion of it in that thread, it should still be there. (They also said that Skill Link Tail Slap does more than Technician Tail Slap on average, but I believe Technician Tail Slap does more after 4-5 hits)

I'm not sure what the formula is, but I read in the Cinccino thread that multi-hit moves have ~112.5 BP on average with Technician. There was a few pages with discussion of it in that thread, it should still be there. (They also said that Skill Link Tail Slap does more than Technician Tail Slap on average, but I believe Technician Tail Slap does more after 4-5 hits)
Yes I know, 112.5 is the BP of two hits only; I meant the total average, as in if you calculate the probability of all 5 hitting along with the total BP, not how much damage each hit it the series would add up to...

EDIT: Just read this post, and I'm pretty sure that's wrong. As I said earlier, 112.5 is the BP of the first 2 hits; since multi-hit moves ALWAYS hit twice, it's impossible for the total average damage to be 112.5.

EDIT 2: Never mind, just realized that they weren't talking about Tail Slap, but Bullet Seed and Rock Blast.

Would a year be long enough for someone with basic ev/nature knowledge to prepare for vgc 2012?
You won't need nearly that long. Maybe a month or two, assuming by "basic knowledge" you mean a good understanding of ev's + spreads, iv's, natures, strategy, synergy, and most importantly experience with VGC and it's rules (such as playing the VGC latter on PO to see what works and doesn't.)

You won't need nearly that long. Maybe a month or two, assuming by "basic knowledge" you mean a good understanding of ev's + spreads, iv's, natures, strategy, synergy, and most importantly experience with VGC and it's rules (such as playing the VGC latter on PO to see what works and doesn't.)
Basic knowledge in my case means knowing the effect of EVs/IVs/Natures and not much else, I'm afraid.

I might try and sign up for the tutoring program once I finish my playthrough.

Basic knowledge in my case means knowing the effect of EVs/IVs/Natures and not much else, I'm afraid.

I might try and sign up for the tutoring program once I finish my playthrough.
Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but if you want to do well, you will need more than just basic knowledge; however, as I mentioned, probably the best way to find out if you're ready is to use simulators such as Pokemon Online; that ought to give you a good gauge of where you're at.

How much speed should I use on Kyurem?
I'm assuming you mean nature/iv/evs? In which case, timid nature, max speed.

My question: Do people in competitive play typically go for a 31/31/31/31/31 IV spread? Or do they simply get it 'pretty high' and move on from there? I find raising perfect-stat pokemon via breeding to simply be a little too tedious for my taste.

I'm assuming you mean nature/iv/evs? In which case, timid nature, max speed.

My question: Do people in competitive play typically go for a 31/31/31/31/31 IV spread? Or do they simply get it 'pretty high' and move on from there? I find raising perfect-stat pokemon via breeding to simply be a little too tedious for my taste.
Is it even possible to get a flawless 31 Pokemon outside of RNG/Cheating?
I think most people typically settle for a spread that buffs the strong points and doesn't have terrible lower points.
&, depending on the Pokemon, flawless IVs would mess up Hidden Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)