Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my Sigilyph woke up right after it got spored 3 times in a row! That was a superluck on my side.

I think Milotic, Poliwrath, and Mew can do that strategy if they get lucky with Hypnosis...

I just evolved a Nincada at lv 25 so I could get Swords Dance on a Shedinja, but for some reason, Swords Dance isn't showing up in it's moveslot despite the Ninjask knowing it. Anyone know why?

I believe only Ninjask can learn Swords Dance via level-up.
Yes, but when Nincada evolves at that level doesn't the Shedinja inherit all the moves that Ninjask learned after evolving? Or was that taken out of 5th Gen? I remember after evolving at level 20 the Shedinja would inherit Screech, Fury Cutter, and Double Team, so why not Swords Dance?

Vivmeister10:

No, in Pokemon Black and White, Shedinja is created before Ninjask learns the moves it would have upon evolution, not after like in previous versions. This is the case even though Shedinja will have the same moves as the evolved Ninjask.

Vivmeister10:

No, in Pokemon Black and White, Shedinja is created before Ninjask learns the moves it would have upon evolution, not after like in previous versions. This is the case even though Shedinja will have the same moves as the evolved Ninjask.
Ugh, well, there's another blow to the already weak Shedinja... guess I'll just teach it Hone Claws instead. Thank you.

How can i play Fusion Bolt on Victini on the Smogon University Server ?
I've watched in the movepool but it isn't.

I heard that the server hasn't been updated with it yet. You have to use Wild Charge until they update it.

This is incorrect. To get fusion bolt you have to download a plug-in. If you go on to the smogon server there is the link. Also why would you ever use fusion bolt when you can use searing shot instead. This move has the same base power but a 50% burn chance.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Also why would you ever use fusion bolt when you can use searing shot instead. This move has the same base power but a 50% burn chance.
Two things wrong with this post
1) Fusion BOLT is an Electric type move. Searing Shot is a Fire type move. They do different things
2) Searing Shot has a 30% burn chance

Are there events programmed into the game (unlockable by event-only items like the Liberty Pass) for Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect? The two unused ports in Castelia City (especially the one where someone makes a comment about wondering what the black ship is for) seem to scream "event" to me. The shrine in the Dreamyard and Team Plasma's guarded ship on Liberty Garden are also suspicious...

Are there events programmed into the game (unlockable by event-only items like the Liberty Pass) for Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect? The two unused ports in Castelia City (especially the one where someone makes a comment about wondering what the black ship is for) seem to scream "event" to me. The shrine in the Dreamyard and Team Plasma's guarded ship on Liberty Garden are also suspicious...
Well, according to Serebii, their locations are all just simply, "Event"; no location.

Does Relic Song change the form/type of Smeargle if used?

What if Ditto's Eccentric Transforms it into Melotta, and then it uses Relic Song, does it change forms, what about if it switches into a Pokemon with Daruma mode (while over 50% then gets knocked down below 50%)?

They have events, but they're activated by having the Pokemon (like the Celebi event in HGSS), rather than an item taking you to the Pokemon like Victini.

The Plasma ship is just there for flavor, and the ship they use when trying to get Victini. I'm not sure what you mean by the Dreamyard Shrine, I don't recall anything like that.

Anyway:
-Take Keledo to the back of the Moor of Icirrus with the other Musketeers to learn Secret Sword
-Take Meloetta to the Castelia Cafe to learn Ancient Song
-Take Genesect to the P1 (or was it P2) Lab to fight a scientist for backstory and the element discs

hhjj:

In both cases, Relic Song and Zen Mode check whether the Pokemon hasn't transformed. My descriptions follow:

Zen Mode - At the end of each round, if bearer is a Darmanitan and hasn't transformed, bearer assumes Zen Mode if its current HP is less than or equal to half of total HP, or Standard Mode otherwise.

Relic Song - After this attack is used, if user is a Meloetta and hasn't transformed ... it becomes the Pirouette Forme if it's in Aria Forme, or vice versa.

They have events, but they're activated by having the Pokemon (like the Celebi event in HGSS), rather than an item taking you to the Pokemon like Victini.

The Plasma ship is just there for flavor, and the ship they use when trying to get Victini. I'm not sure what you mean by the Dreamyard Shrine, I don't recall anything like that.

Anyway:
-Take Keledo to the back of the Moor of Icirrus with the other Musketeers to learn Secret Sword
-Take Meloetta to the Castelia Cafe to learn Ancient Song
-Take Genesect to the P1 (or was it P2) Lab to fight a scientist for backstory and the element discs
Thanks for the info. The "shrine" I was referring to is just a structure in the Dreamyard that I call a shrine because it reminds me of the Celebi shrine (hence why I thought it may be related to an event). It's accessible via the basement (it's in the area where Gorm was).

Well in that case, and thank you Toast Tyrant for answering so quickly. Now to my original question.
Would a choice band Aeorodactyl be viable in Gen V OU? I talked it over with my friend and he said anything Aeorodactyl outspeeds Terakion can pretty much outspeed it as well because of the large gap in speeds. I have my reservations however and I think Aeorodactyl's insane 394 speed I think are worth the loss in power when compared to Terrakion. So with that in mind is this viable
4 Hp 252 Atk 252 Spd @ Choice Band
Stone Edge Crunch Return Fire Fang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)