Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who works better with SpD Jirachi and DD Salamence: Ferrothorn or Heatran? (Other ideas are perfectly fine to)

And... If I'm gonna build a new team should I make a weather or weatherless team? I like no weather because it isn't dependent on your weather to be succesful, but withouth weather my team is potentially easy prey for weather teams.. Thoughts?

Where should we post suggestions for a Modded Server? I was thinking creating one for Smogon would be beneficial.
(NO new abilities or new attacks, or new items, just adjusting ones that exist to Pokemon that make sense, like Ninetails learning Morning Sun).

Also, it would be good to discuss this to point out how the metagame's flaws can be improved and encourages a deep understanding of the current metagame (like how CAP is specific to making a certain Pokemon with a certain niche add to the game).

I want to start battling 5th gen but the B&W sav that I downloaded from pokestation.net is missing some moves and abilities...I was just wondering if there is another download that isn't missing things?
thanks

I want to start battling 5th gen but the B&W sav that I downloaded from pokestation.net is missing some moves and abilities...I was just wondering if there is another download that isn't missing things?
thanks
It isn't missing them, they just don't have any English names for 5th gen stuff.

What about Thief as the 4th move? So after you've used up Normal Gem and activated Unburden, you can steal an item and potentially cripple the foe.

Thanks for your help btw
You can use Thief, but I question how many things are really crippled by it. One of the reasons that TrickScarf is a viable strategy isn't because you rob the opponent of their item, but because you give them an item that locks them into a setup move. Without that aspect of it, I'm not sure how much taking their item can actually cripple most Pokemon.

I'm not sold on Thief, but switching from Thief to Torment (or whatever) is painless, so go ahead and try it out. It might be better than I give it credit for.

I know this isn't the simplest of questions, but I suppose I'll ask it here anyways.

How well does the official GTS server check for hacked mons, and if it discovers one what are the consequences?

Reason being... you know all those Lillipup / Trubbish / other assorted terrible mons put up in exchange for a level 9 or under Zekrom / Reshiram? I... I want to fulfill those trades. I want to send them a level 1 hacked Zekrom / Reshiram with Truant replacing the ability, base stats set to 1 (if that's even possible) straight 0s or negative IVs, and the name "F YOU". And I want to send these out by the hundreds, one for each arsehole who puts up a useless unfulfillable trade cluttering up the GTS server.

But I want to make sure it's possible before I even start putting the effort into getting such a supply of terrible legendaries. So I'm asking here; will the server detect any of those edits, and if so what would happen to me when it does?

You can use Thief, but I question how many things are really crippled by it. One of the reasons that TrickScarf is a viable strategy isn't because you rob the opponent of their item, but because you give them an item that locks them into a setup move. Without that aspect of it, I'm not sure how much taking their item can actually cripple most Pokemon.

I'm not sold on Thief, but switching from Thief to Torment (or whatever) is painless, so go ahead and try it out. It might be better than I give it credit for.
Actually, that made me think of a question: Does Torment stop a Choice-X user from taking any action? After they've made a move, of course.

I know this isn't the simplest of questions, but I suppose I'll ask it here anyways.

How well does the official GTS server check for hacked mons, and if it discovers one what are the consequences?

Reason being... you know all those Lillipup / Trubbish / other assorted terrible mons put up in exchange for a level 9 or under Zekrom / Reshiram? I... I want to fulfill those trades. I want to send them a level 1 hacked Zekrom / Reshiram with Truant replacing the ability, base stats set to 1 (if that's even possible) straight 0s or negative IVs, and the name "F YOU". And I want to send these out by the hundreds, one for each arsehole who puts up a useless unfulfillable trade cluttering up the GTS server.

But I want to make sure it's possible before I even start putting the effort into getting such a supply of terrible legendaries. So I'm asking here; will the server detect any of those edits, and if so what would happen to me when it does?
No. It checks for:

Level (I think)
PID/Hex Values
Moves (ANY combination of learnable moves is legal)
Ability (Also if it's DW ability is legal yet)
IVs/EVs
Possible Stats

The List goes on.

And nothing will happen to you; it'll just say, "That Pokemon cannot be traded!"

No. It checks for:

Level (I think)
PID/Hex Values
Moves (ANY combination of learnable moves is legal)
Ability (Also if it's DW ability is legal yet)
IVs/EVs
Possible Stats

The List goes on.

And nothing will happen to you; it'll just say, "That Pokemon cannot be traded!"
So it would sniff me out in a dozen different spots. Shame. Coulda been fun.

Question: What is 'Spin Trade'? I was checking the TV on my white cart the other day, and it gave me a lot of nifty statistics, one of which was that I've traded eggs through 'Spin Trade' a total of 0 times. I've... never heard of this feature before.

You trade eggs. As simple as that.

Well... That kind of ruins my plan. :P.
The whole thing is confusing, Blaziken and Bibarel won't survive a day in Ubers. Oh well...
Guess I'll have to stick with Whimsicott and Prankster Riolu then.
Other ideas?
I don't like Stallrein too much, the Hail ruins other Pokémon.
I once was against a Shuckle once that was really annoying. It had Rollout, Rest, Power Share and Acupressure and it had Leftovers. I don't know what its EVS/Nature, but it sure was annoying!

What are some Pokemon that work well with Specially Defensive Jirachi and Dragon Dance Salamence/Dragonite?
I'm considering Ferrothorn, Heatran or Gliscor. Any other ideas are gladly accepted, just looking for some advice, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)