Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

I have a more technical question.

If I wanted to get a good-iv'd, proper natured zapdos with a strong HP ice for the battle frontier, how would I go about doing that? So far, the only two possibilites I see are FR/LG, which is utterly impossible with the lack of RNG abuse and even synchronize, and XD, which I know even less about.

Is there any way to legitimately get a good zapdos with a high HP ice in gen 3, or is it all down to very improbable chance? I see on the trade threads people with zapdos from XD with good natures, hp ice 65 (for example), and high iv's across the boards, yet I know of no RNG abuse for that game, and I'm not sure if synchronize works in XD.

Can Wobbuffet learn mimic? I know it sounds like a ridiculous question to ask but I was looking at his entry in the G/S/C strategy pokedex and the entry claims he can. I looked further into this and found that a few other reliable pokemon websites claimed Wobbuffet could not learn mimic. Normally, this question sounds like it could be answered with a single google search but I seem to be getting conflicting answers here.
Special event move.

If you look at the FRLG RNG research thread, they have a solid start, and it is possible to RNG abuse for a desired spread with the information that has been compiled. It is very difficult, however, since 65535 seeds cycle every 3 or so milliseconds at the press start screen, which makes it impossibly hard to hit a desired spread. In order to work with this speed, the researchers have devised a way to use a metronome with varying BPM to hit different seeds.

To point you in the right direction, read the first post to learn about seeding, method 1 pokemon, and beats. There is more useful information about beats in the last few pages of the thread. They have a program called Beat Finder that helps finding the right BPM to hit a desired seed, but it's only compatible with Macs for now.

There's something I don't understand... I'm getting into some semi-competitive RBY gameplay with my friends, and, upon reading some pages to get up to speed (or down to speed, since I'm used to Platinum/HGSS), it seems as though there's no real "training" in RBY comparable to EV training in the later generations.

Is this correct? Do I just catch some Pokémon and teach them some moves? Are there even IVs or Natures? Help me out, thanks. Again, haven't played RBY in a long time, and never competitively.

There's something I don't understand... I'm getting into some semi-competitive RBY gameplay with my friends, and, upon reading some pages to get up to speed (or down to speed, since I'm used to Platinum/HGSS), it seems as though there's no real "training" in RBY comparable to EV training in the later generations.

Is this correct? Do I just catch some Pokémon and teach them some moves? Are there even IVs or Natures? Help me out, thanks. Again, haven't played RBY in a long time, and never competitively.
EVs technically exist, but all of the caps are the same, so just train your pokes against anything. Natures don't exist. Basically, IVs are the only differentiators.

What I've found helpful for planning DVs and stat experience in R/B/Y is to use: this to determine the DVs of your Pokémon (use Special Attack or Defense depending on which one it matches in G/S/C) and if you have something like the team builder in Shoddy, you can enter a Pokémon and give them a neutral nature and 248 EVs in every stat, that will equal their max stat in R/B/Y as long as you match Special Defense or Attack to Special accordingly.

I know this question was asked about a month ago by Missingno.Master, but no one ever fully answered it.

Recently I've been trying to get a light ball in FR with no luck. I have also never stolen an oran berry from one, which is supposedly held by 50% of Pikachus. I even found a shiny Pikachu (no joke) and I still have not found light ball. Therefore, I can confidently say that Pikachu holds nothing in FRLG. Also, Veekun's pokedex confirms this, despite what Bulbapedia says.

Is there a way or site that can tell me the right answers to get the Mew move tutor to teach my Mew hypnosis and fake out on Pokemon XD?

...Will my Blue version be safe just using item duplication, or will it still be prone to data corruption?

Also, is there a chance that my games will die altogether, being old and not very well manufactured?
I may be well too late for this, but I am an advocate AGAINST Missingno use, as there is a risk (albeit minute) of permanent corruption in the game. Some other people may dispute this, but I HAVE been hit with permanent corruption from a SINGLE Missingno encounter.

Now, onto the "EV" question.

In R/B/Y & G/S/C, it was more commonly known as "Stat Experience", and every single stat could be maxed out for the Pokemon's own individual base stats & "IVs" (or "Genes", if you prefer).

The way Stat Experience was earned was different as well. Rather than just 1 or 2 stats from the Pokemon you defeat, ALL the base stats of the defeated Pokemon added to your Pokemon's stat experience.

I really want to play some r/b/y online with some friends of mine. I see that Netbattle is dead, are there any other r/b/y simulators??

I did a brief search and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd come here for convenience.

thanks in advance :/

I really want to play some r/b/y online with some friends of mine. I see that Netbattle is dead, are there any other r/b/y simulators??

I did a brief search and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd come here for convenience.

thanks in advance :/
There are others, but their harder to use compared to NB. NB is your best shot. That is, until Shoddy Battle 2 later down the road adds on 1st generation battling to it.

~ Aether Nexus

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
How good is encore in gen 2? I have a total lack of experience in the meta, but as it seems to be dominated by cursing sweepers/rest talkers/ect (from what i've heard second hand) and arguably the best user, jumpluff, has an immunity to spikes... along with something like kazam who is fast enough to encore any support move... why isn't the move isn't discussed/used more (from what i've seen, again, i'm a gen 2 noob).

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
low pp sucks but it's a fairly good move overall. the biggest problem is that the pokemon that learn it aren't that common to begin with except machamp (who doesn't use encore).

Pokemon Online will soon have gen 1 simulations up.
But don't you have to raise your Pokemon in that? It's like a cartridge game with all the same fundamentals -- raising Pokemon, then battling with them. I don't think it'd be like a simulator where you choose your 'mon, moves, etc.
Netbattle itself is dead, but have you tried Netbattle Supremacy?
Right, when I said 'NB' I basically meant NBS. I just tend to forget it has the 'Supremacy' bit on the end of it now.

~ Aether Nexus

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://shoddybattle.com/

Questions about Shoddy Battle should go in the Shoddy Battle Subforum Simple Question/Answer thread, not Indigo Plateau. However, I highly doubt you'll get an answer to that question since it is very vague and is not simple to answer. The best thing to do is download the program and fiddle around making teams and such, and read the instructions on the website. Once you make a team, go onto the Smogon server, since that's where a majority of battlers hang out. It's a very simple program and completely self-explanatory, but the website offers insight on how the laddering system works. Again, the best way to learn any software is just to download it and open it up. It can be downloaded from the Shoddy Battle website.

Also, to avoid making a fool of yourself or getting kicked/banned, read the rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)