Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Argh ._.

So, does anyone know where are the "?" and "!" Unowns? Are they in a certain room/floor or in the whole ruins, but with something like 5% chance of appearing?

^ Sunyshore city. If you go north of the pokecenter, then left a little but, there's a [Pokeball] Seal Shop. The first woman on the left has it.

Hitmonlee's ability Reckless: Is Serebii's description of it (Retaliatory attacks such as Return and Reversal do more damage) correct or incorrect? Other sites claim that it increases the power of attacks that cause recoil damage.

No, they are both wrong. According to the D/P Research Thread (which you should have checked first) recoil from recoil moves increase by 1.2. It isn't worth using anyway, so don't bother with it

Question again on smeargle,

I tried sketching a move in a 1v1 match with another GBA (Using Emerald and LeafGreen before trading over to Pearl). After the match, sketch was still in his move list and the sketched move didn't stay.

Does it only work when you're sketching within your own game? (Ie. Artisan's cave, let enemy Smeargle sketch a move, then use your own smeargle to sketch after?)

If Rapid Spin is used against a Ghost Pokemon does that mean the extra effect of RS isn't carried out?

What I mean is: If I switch in a Gengar against a Rapid Spinning Starmie, for example, the Rapid Spin doesn't dispel the Stealth Rocks I set up?

I think I just made a big mistake with evs. On Serebii it says this:

Sadly, you cannot manipulate the Macho Brace or Pokerus to give Mudkip 4 EVs in place of 1 by using the EXP. Share. However, if you were to send out Mudkip first with Macho Brace and Pokerus and switch, it would gain the four Effort Points.

What I did with my gligar was giving it exp share while it had pokerus. I would kill gastrodons with a lvl 100 rayquaza. For every 3 gastrodons I killed I marked 12 evs. Gastrodons give 2 hp evs each.

Based from serebii's info pokerus doesnt work if the pokemon isnt put in battle. Is this true? Someone told me here that exp share and pokerus work without it being in play.

Argh ._.

So, does anyone know where are the "?" and "!" Unowns? Are they in a certain room/floor or in the whole ruins, but with something like 5% chance of appearing?
I think you need to catch 10 types of unown, and then go to the tunnel guy south of veilstone. IIRC, he should have dug more into his tunnel, and then you will exit and find the entrance which is above the normal entrance to solaceon ruins. There you should be able to find "!" and "?". Personally, I only have four unown, so I'm not completely sure, but it seems likely.

If your party is lead by a pokemon with synchronise you have a 50% chance of wild pokemon being the same nature as that pokemon.

Sadly, you cannot manipulate the Macho Brace or Pokerus to give Mudkip 4 EVs in place of 1 by using the EXP. Share. However, if you were to send out Mudkip first with Macho Brace and Pokerus and switch, it would gain the four Effort Points.

What I did with my gligar was giving it exp share while it had pokerus. I would kill gastrodons with a lvl 100 rayquaza. For every 3 gastrodons I killed I marked 12 evs. Gastrodons give 2 hp evs each.

Based from serebii's info pokerus doesnt work if the pokemon isnt put in battle. Is this true? Someone told me here that exp share and pokerus work without it being in play.
Need ths answer asap please. Going to sleep.

If Rapid Spin is used against a Ghost Pokemon does that mean the extra effect of RS isn't carried out?

What I mean is: If I switch in a Gengar against a Rapid Spinning Starmie, for example, the Rapid Spin doesn't dispel the Stealth Rocks I set up?
Right.

In the stat upping
The formula is:
((2+s)/2)^f(x)

Where:
s = the stat modifier (-6 to +6)
f is defined by f(x) = -1 for negative x, and +1 for 0 and positive x.

my question is, what is x?

or at least, by what percentage do your stats go down on a decreasing stat effect, for each stage. like initimidate or w/e

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question again on smeargle,

I tried sketching a move in a 1v1 match with another GBA (Using Emerald and LeafGreen before trading over to Pearl). After the match, sketch was still in his move list and the sketched move didn't stay.

Does it only work when you're sketching within your own game? (Ie. Artisan's cave, let enemy Smeargle sketch a move, then use your own smeargle to sketch after?)
Sketched moves are not kept in link battles.

Well that's cool. Does it affect the IVS too?

And can i switch say...Abra, and still get the same effect?
does not affect IVs. however, you could use this trick for catching pokemon. e.g. you want to catch a timid gastly to breed. you can use a timid synchronise abra to keep catching gastlys until you get gastlys with good IVs then you breed those

What you did is correct. What serebii was saying is that there's no possible way to manipulate pokerus, macho brace, and exp share so that a pokemon can get 4 EVs without battling.

Whenever a pokemon gets experience, it gets EVs. (unless it has max EVs) So, exp share + pokerus would give 2 EVs from a 1 EV pokemon, and you don't need to send it out.

If you gave the pokemon you were training macho brace and pokerus, then had it at the head of your party and switched out, it would gain 4 EVs, because it has macho brace.

So if someone used action replay, and they scanned for it that person would be unable to enter the event (unless they used a different game pak that was untouched by action replay)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)