Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Smogon,

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but is there any way to know a pokemon's IVs without having to level them up to 100 without EVs? I need to know what my Pokemon's hidden power is.
Get on Wifi with a buddy and have an "IV Battle". You can periodically have them at level 100, making IV checking a pleasure!

Also, if I'm gonna use a Staraptor to lead in my Pokemon team, should I go for a nature that boosts attack or a nature that boosts speed?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ditto (Jolly) - 8-10/18-19/18-19/24/8-10/30, Speed last.
Ditto (Impish) - 11-12/0/1-2/29/27-28/29, Speed last.

Who should I breed with a Bagon to obtain a good Specsmence MOTHER? (of course, why would I breed for a Jolly/Impish Specsmence...)

I got a Impish natured Aerodactyl a couple of days ago. Should I keep it, or replace it? I haven't calculated the IVs yet

It might be good for IV breeding if anything. Aero isn't really a defensive powerhouse, though, so I would keep going for a nature more suited to Aero's role.

How does GTS work? If someone has what I'm asking for does it instantly trade? What if I deposit a pokemon and go offline?

If you deposit something in GTS and leave, it will still be there, up for trade.

I have my own question: If you paralyze the opponent and use Psych Up, does your speed get lower or stay the same? What if you're the one thats paralyzed?

Speed is unaffected.

And you didn't finish answering me, do I have to accept offers or does it automatically trade with someone who has what I want and I have what they want?

Why not just have a test of it yourself?

Anyway there are two ways to use the GTS, each with their own benefits.

Firstly you could search for a Pokemon you want. It gives you a choice of up to 6, each with the pokemon they are looking for. If you have their required Pokemon on the right level then you can chose to trade with them and it happens instantaneously.

Or you put a Pokemon up you dont want/are offering and select which Pokemon you want, on a specific level. You then leave the GTS and play the waiting game until someone wants to meet your offer. It can take anything from 10 minutes to a few days, or never at all if you are asking for Palkia for your bidoof say.

It's just I missed a trade with a guy who desperately needs something so I want to know if I can put it on GTS and then later on he can take it off me when he gets home. Can I do this then?

This is my last access time before the weekend.

Anyone could take it off of the gts. And the search results don't give all of the pokemon out there, so there is a very low chance it will work.

well it's worth a shot. It's a shame I don't know what rare pokemon he has to trade. The pokemon I'm putting on has good IVs but is only level 10, so no one will want it.

Anyway thanks for the help guys.

I'd go with Choice Specs. If you're that serious about being able to choose different attacks though, you could run a CM/Thunderbolt/Dragon Pulse/Recover @Life Orb set or something.

does light ball power up both raichu and pikachu, or only pikachu now?
Light Ball never powered up Raichu in the past, and it doesn't this generation. Pikachu however now gets it's Attack doubled along with it's Special Attack when holding the Light Ball, which sort of makes up for the no Raichu thing = /

Is it true that if you clone on wifi theres a chance of your wifi to stop wroking?
Probably just a rumor spread by those idiots who think cloning is ruining Pokemon, to get people to stop. No, if ANYTHING could go wrong it would be you lose the Pokemon your attemping to clone. Your save file and WiFi abilities should remain untouched no matter what the circumstances.

Okay. This sounds like a really dumb question but here goes. Am I blind or does metalkid's damage calculator not have a life orb option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)