Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is the standard post your confusion and hopefully get an answer thread. Simple questions with simple answers should be asked here, rather than cluttering our lovely forum.

A thread for simple questions has simple rules. Here they are:
  1. Your simple question must be as detailed as you can simply make it. Without enough information, no one can answer your question.
  2. Do not ask questions which are answered in this post. It wastes all of our time.

There are no pre-answered posts in this thread. There will be eventually though.

What is Initial Banlist#2? And does anyone have a list of pokemon that have been banned in this banlist?

Will we have to download a new version of Pokemon Online, or will the new server be available immediately?

everything important is currently taken care of server side there will be notifications if you need to download a new client.

I presume the "PO's tiering" you mention is the one currently used in the Beta Server. This is not "PO's tiering" but Beta Server's tiering. The Smogon server will have different tiering.

I also assume that the statistics from the Smogon server will be used to define tiers like OU, UU and NU.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
No Gen 5 LC Dream World sucks... And there wasn't anything mentioned about LC bans, I'll assume they're the ones that were voted on in the LC UT thread, can't get access to PO for a while.

Edit; it's not a question, so, when will the missing metas be implemented?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can't you just ask in the main chat for particularly obscure battle archetypes?

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Can't you just ask in the main chat for particularly obscure battle archetypes?
I'm not at my computer right now, so I don't have access to PO. It's not like Little Cup Dream World is at all obscure. Wasn't it smogon's policy this gen to start out with as many metagames as possible, and trim down from there? Having the two OU ladders and not both LC ladders (esp when the beta server has both) seems contradictory.

I'm not at my computer right now, so I don't have access to PO. It's not like Little Cup Dream World is at all obscure. Wasn't it smogon's policy this gen to start out with as many metagames as possible, and trim down from there? Having the two OU ladders and not both LC ladders (esp when the beta server has both) seems contradictory.
Bro chillax. The server just opened, i'm sure something can be be done once everything gets settled.

The most important thing right now, is getting the server up and stable.

Is PO going to be the official sim for Smogon? I would imagine Smogon'll set up a PokeLab server when/if it ever sets up 5th gen, and the main simulator would be whichever one follows Smogon's philosophy better.

Or is Smogon dropping PokeLab altogether for the foreseeable future?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is PO going to be the official sim for Smogon? I would imagine Smogon'll set up a PokeLab server when/if it ever sets up 5th gen, and the main simulator would be whichever one follows Smogon's philosophy better.

Or is Smogon dropping PokeLab altogether for the foreseeable future?
Poke Lab isn't really in active development right now so it's not really a question we've come to yet. We have a PO server so we can play 5th gen. I think we're waiting for PL to actually get finished before we decide what to do with it.

Hey, I tried to find a battle in 5th Gen Standard OU but, it says my team is illegal because of my Gliscor's DW ability. But I checked and Gligar has been released on the dreamworld and my Gliscor has no illegal move combinations. Can someone straighten this out?

Not sure if there's somewhere else we're supposed to post possible bugs, but I had something strange just happen:

Start of turn 7
The foe's Roobushin used Payback!
It's super effective!
Rankurusu lost 220 HP! (51% of its health)
Rankurusu used Trick Room!
Rankurusu twisted the dimensions!
The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 8
It's super effective!
Rankurusu lost 204 HP! (48% of its health)
Rankurusu fainted!

I haven't much experience playing gen 5 so I could be missing something, but my bear had no speed EVs, and the roobushin obviously wasn't holding a custap berry or anything. Is this a bug?

Hey, I tried to find a battle in 5th Gen Standard OU but, it says my team is illegal because of my Gliscor's DW ability. But I checked and Gligar has been released on the dreamworld and my Gliscor has no illegal move combinations. Can someone straighten this out?
Tiers probably need updating. ^^

Not sure if there's somewhere else we're supposed to post possible bugs, but I had something strange just happen:

Start of turn 7
It's super effective!
The sunlight is strong!
Start of turn 8
It's super effective!
Rankurusu fainted!

I haven't much experience playing gen 5 so I could be missing something, but my bear had no speed EVs, and the roobushin obviously wasn't holding a custap berry or anything. Is this a bug?
There's a section on the PO Forums to report bugs. They're fixed almost immediately. ^^

Will we have to download a new version of Pokemon Online, or will the new server be available immediately?
When updates are available both server and client needs updating. It's better to update them at least once a week since small bugs are fixed sometimes. I hope I answered that correctly...^^

Erm...
Since Pokemon with Dream World abilities are coming out in spurts, when will those be implemented on the Wifi ladder? As soon as possible or otherwise?

Erm...
Since Pokemon with Dream World abilities are coming out in spurts, when will those be implemented on the Wifi ladder? As soon as possible or otherwise?
You can update them instantly. ^^
It's as easy as removing the Pokémon's name from the scripts. It takes like 30 seconds. ^^

Does this mean that Pokemon Lab has been abandoned? (I haven't payed attention to anything pokemon related in a while so this may look stupid x_x)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Start of turn 7
It's super effective!
The sunlight is strong!
Start of turn 8
It's super effective!
Rankurusu fainted!

Roopushin was slower than Rankurusu. Trick Room has negative priority which explains why you went second on that turn but Roopushin was "faster" the next.

Does this mean that Pokemon Lab has been abandoned? (I haven't payed attention to anything pokemon related in a while so this may look stupid x_x)
"Poke Lab isn't really in active development right now so it's not really a question we've come to yet. We have a PO server so we can play 5th gen. I think we're waiting for PL to actually get finished before we decide what to do with it.

For now, enjoy PO. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)