Ask a Simple Question, get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to get Pokémon Online to work on a Mac without OS 10.6? Mine is 10.5.8, and it would really suck to not be able to run the new server.

I have answered a lot of basic questions in the Frequently Asked Questions section in the Pokemon Online website.

http://pokemon-online.eu/community/FAQ_23.html
This should be linked in the OP
And in all honesty, so should the following. They would save you a lot of time which could be spent in making pre-answers.

Help forums

Bugs and Fixes forum

General Simulator Development forum

I will try to frequent this thread and answer questions anyway, but seriously, almost everything you might ask probably exists already somewhere on the P.O. forums.

So I downloaded PO 0.9.95 to my Mac but I can't seem to be able to build a team containing Gen 5 pokemon. In the pokedex tab I can see Gen 5 pokemon do indeed exist, but I can only choose from DPP and older pokemon in the teambuilding part.

What am I doing wrong? (Note: I played pre Gen 5 on PO)

So I downloaded PO 0.9.95 to my Mac but I can't seem to be able to build a team containing Gen 5 pokemon. In the pokedex tab I can see Gen 5 pokemon do indeed exist, but I can only choose from DPP and older pokemon in the teambuilding part.

What am I doing wrong? (Note: I played pre Gen 5 on PO)
Open your Team Builder, and select Gen. --> B/W (5th gen).

I tried logging onto the server, and it asked me for a password (which I never made for the Smogon server). Basically, I can't login because I keep getting disconnected from the server...

Halp D=

I tried logging onto the server, and it asked me for a password (which I never made for the Smogon server). Basically, I can't login because I keep getting disconnected from the server...

Halp D=
The name you are trying to log in with is currently registered by another user.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Can Pokemon Online damage my computer? When I download it it says that it is potentially dangerous...

It could just be your firewall/virus protector thinking it is a dangerous file. There are no viruses on Pokemon Online.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Most antivirus software says this for all programmes downloaded from the internet. It is nothing to do with PO, just because it is downloaded.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Is it a glitch that Smogon's PO leaderboard only shows the first page of highly ranked users (unlike most other servers which show your exact rank), or is that intentional?

EDIT: This has been fixed.

Is it a glitch that Smogon's PO leaderboard only shows the first page of highly ranked users (unlike most other servers which show your exact rank), or is that intentional?
It is a bug on the Smogon server. You can actually see the other pages by using the arrow keys at the bottom of the leaderboard.

The most effective thing you can do is make a suggestion on the Pokemon Online forums to include Pokemon Lab in the list of imports. Currently you can only import teams from Shoddy and Netbattle. If you can import Pokemon Lab teams on Shoddy, you could just import your teams to Shoddy then import to Pokemon Online.

Edit: Pokemon Lab teams will be able to transfer over to Pokemon Online with the import feature in the next update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)