Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hello, I wanted to know why could it be that the music on my download version of ps wasnt working? In the browser version it works just fine but in the downloadable version it doesn't work, no matter what I do in the settings.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, I wanted to know why could it be that the music on my download version of ps wasnt working? In the browser version it works just fine but in the downloadable version it doesn't work, no matter what I do in the settings.
Hi NeoLies, the desktop version has a lot of issues regarding music and volume, I recommend using the broswer version since it's more reliable.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NeoLies, there is just no sounds in the downloadable version if you want to play with the music, you have to use the online verson instead.

Oh ok. I play on the desktop version because the online one lags for me, so I guess I'll just turn music on when I play. Thanks for the answers!

Is Co-Op Doubles thing? Me and a friend are interesting in playing doubles together (like on the same team). I don't see an option in Pokemon Showdown, is it not possible? If not, then does anyone know of a place that we can do it?

Last edited:

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Co-Op Doubles thing? Me and a friend are interesting in playing doubles together (like on the same team). I don't see an option in Pokemon Showdown, is it not possible? If not, then does anyone know of a place that we can do it?
it is not a thing although it has been requested a lot in the past, its just not a top priority for the developers of ps. And no you cannot play it anywhere other than cartridge afaik

Scotteh

Memelord Extraordinaire
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If you're able to ascertain your guest ID, you can "log in" with that. You will however still be unable to talk, so it's meaningless.

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do i be guest??
Hit F12 to open the browser console, then enter:
Code:
app.socket.send('|/trn ' + app.user.attributes.name + ',0,' + app.user.challstr)
Like Scotteh said, you're technically still not logged in, but you can still challenge other users.

Hit F12 to open the browser console, then enter:
Code:
app.socket.send('|/trn ' + app.user.attributes.name + ',0,' + app.user.challstr)
Like Scotteh said, you're technically still not logged in, but you can still challenge other users.
where abouts?

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ishan234 you can inspect element on your browser and scroll up on the console log to basically the first line to find your guest number

What's up with those bots joining all of my matches? Especially that "SnipsGoesUbers" bot. They are everywhere.

What's up with those bots joining all of my matches? Especially that "SnipsGoesUbers" bot. They are everywhere.
This is being looked into and discussed by global staff. We are aware of it, but to put it simply, it's just a data collection bot.

Is there a way to mass-download replays (preferably text format) from Showdown? I'd like to do some data analysis.
Bump? The best method I have right now is to create a bot that scans the recent replays list every 5 minutes, click into each replay, fast forward, and copy/paste the entire battle log. There's really gotta be a better way though.

The login server is back up, but has anything changed with regard to proxies and connections? I can't reach the login server, and it started when I went back to school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)