Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread. (I'm new.)

Will Showdown! be translated to Spanish? If so, may I contribute?
(Not a suggestion, just a question.)

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi, i don't know if it is the right place, but do you know if a "general ladder reset" is planned one day ? Cause i was expected one after the recent OU Suspect.

Thanks for answering :]

Hi, i don't know if it is the right place, but do you know if a "general ladder reset" is planned one day ? Cause i was expected one after the recent OU Suspect.
Ladder resets occur occasionally, but they're few and far between and not made public well in advance.

Is there a way to change the way the movesets are displayed?

That moveset menu overlaps the displayed pokemon part and it used to be at the bottom before. Is there any way to change it?

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Is there a way to change the way the movesets are displayed?

That moveset menu overlaps the displayed pokemon part and it used to be at the bottom before. Is there any way to change it?
as far as i am aware, that only happens if you have zoomed in too much - do CTRL+0 to zoom out, and the moveset menu should go back to normal.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I like to use the Yellow hidden avatar but every time I log into Showdown! it changes my avatar back to the avatar I used right before that (which at this point, was several weeks ago). Is this something wrong with my cookies or cache or something or is it a part of the hidden avatars?

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I like to use the Yellow hidden avatar but every time I log into Showdown! it changes my avatar back to the avatar I used right before that (which at this point, was several weeks ago). Is this something wrong with my cookies or cache or something or is it a part of the hidden avatars?
iirc you will always stay with the same avatar you have unless your cookies have been deleted, which is what i am assuming happened, causing the avatar to be changed. it can't be something to do with the hidden avatars because i still have the Zinnia avatar even when i refresh, so it must've been your cookies

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
iirc you will always stay with the same avatar you have unless your cookies have been deleted, which is what i am assuming happened, causing the avatar to be changed. it can't be something to do with the hidden avatars because i still have the Zinnia avatar even when i refresh, so it must've been your cookies
I thought that too, but I'm sure it's not cookies. My teams are never deleted and my avatar doesn't go to one of the default avatars (like Lyra, Hilbert, etc.) it goes back to the clown guy or psychic trainer, which were the avatars I used before switching to Yellow. I think it might have something to do with logging on on different computers since I use both a laptop and a desktop to go on PS.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I thought that too, but I'm sure it's not cookies. My teams are never deleted and my avatar doesn't go to one of the default avatars (like Lyra, Hilbert, etc.) it goes back to the clown guy or psychic trainer, which were the avatars I used before switching to Yellow. I think it might have something to do with logging on on different computers since I use both a laptop and a desktop to go on PS.
It might actually be that because PS never defaults to a specific avatar; it's always the ingame trainer ones it defaults to. So yeah, I think it is because you're logged on through different devices with different avatars.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Speaking of hidden avatars, how do you get them/switch to them?
Well they are supposed to be kept hidden and are like an Easter Egg for users to find, though I can tell you that one of the custom avatars is the yellow trainer which can be obtained through the command /avatar #yellow. Good luck finding out the rest!

Since I was using a proxy to play PS, I got a pop up msg saying that due to spam, I wouldn't be able to chat. Now when I'm not using a proxy, I'm still locked. Is there anyway to resolve this?

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Since I was using a proxy to play PS, I got a pop up msg saying that due to spam, I wouldn't be able to chat. Now when I'm not using a proxy, I'm still locked. Is there anyway to resolve this?
when you were locked, the system identified your IP and then locked both that and your username, meaning that on whatever IP you used, you would still be locked because your username was locked. you shouldn't be using a proxy on PS anyway.

when you were locked, the system identified your IP and then locked both that and your username, meaning that on whatever IP you used, you would still be locked because your username was locked. you shouldn't be using a proxy on PS anyway.
Was using a proxy because my college wifi has the site blocked :(
Click the "log out" button and then reconnect. As long as your proxy is actually shut off you'll get unlocked.
It worked perfectly. Thank you so much :)

I tried Little Cup, with Riolu, but it kept on saying Riolu needed to be at least level 30 to be entered. I even tried to put level 100, but it still kept on saying the 30 level whatever. I tried a different moveset, and works now, but it might restrain others from using the particular moveset.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I tried Little Cup, with Riolu, but it kept on saying Riolu needed to be at least level 30 to be entered. I even tried to put level 100, but it still kept on saying the 30 level whatever. I tried a different moveset, and works now, but it might restrain others from using the particular moveset.
Aura Sphere is an event move for Riolu (from one of the Gen 4 Pokemon Ranger games), and it was received at level 30, so it can't participate in LC with the move.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ubers-370223220
Turn 20: Lopunny-Mega outspeeds Mewtwo-Y but it shouldn't be possible.
Lopunny-Mega: Jolly max speed means it's 405 speed
My Mewtwo-Y is Timid/Max speed, resulting in a speed of 416. How is this possible? I should have been able to outspeed Lopunny - it wasn't using a priority move or anything.
All effects [from Mega Evolution] will kick in, including stat changes apart from Speed. [source]
Also, next time you want to report a bug / glitch or have a question involving a replay, save the replay and link that instead of the battle room which eventually expires.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I don't really know if this is the place for it, but I need answers.

So recently I've just been on battling on PS! when all of a sudden I lag hard. Like, there's no timing down in my battles or anything, PS! just froze up. My internet, as well as the other tabs I have were unaffected, so this freezing is associated with PS! only. Then I refreshed the page and now I can't even access my previous match anymore, as it's just a blank room with no battle taking place (still has the layout of a battle). This happened with the chatrooms too; all of them were blank.

Sometimes the freeze just turned out to be a 10-minute lag, as my inputs from so long ago only start flowing in now. Sometimes, I can access the room (only the first room in order, the other rooms remain blank). However, here is the most unsettling part, highlighted yellow:

My name is still listed in the NU room, but I cannot chat at all, as if I'm not logged in (attempting to log in doesn't work). My worst assumption is that someone has managed to hijack my Showdown username (and even then, that doesn't explain me getting lagged out), but usually when I lag out, my name doesn't show up on rooms.

I keep trying to log back in, and the few out of several times I do I just end up getting frozen / lagged out again after like 3 minutes. So I want to know what is going on here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)