Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I see that there's a forum called 'Discipline Appeals', but how do you actually report someone?

For that matter, what are the conduct rules in the game?

It's mind-blowing how many little babies there are that will whine and moan and curse and throw insults while I'm sitting there dead silent just trying to play a match.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I see that there's a forum called 'Discipline Appeals', but how do you actually report someone?

For that matter, what are the conduct rules in the game?

It's mind-blowing how many little babies there are that will whine and moan and curse and throw insults while I'm sitting there dead silent just trying to play a match.
You pm a mod or a driver on the server. You'll find people (with the @ symbol) in the Help room. Don't forget to show evidence

Thanks. Are there rules against that sort of thing? Where can I read them?

I'm not trying to run around getting people in trouble just for the sake of it, but I figure if they're breaking the rules and are generally toxic then other people wouldn't enjoy playing with them either.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Thanks. Are there rules against that sort of thing? Where can I read them?

I'm not trying to run around getting people in trouble just for the sake of it, but I figure if they're breaking the rules and are generally toxic then other people wouldn't enjoy playing with them either.
Yes, here are the Pokémon Showdown rules: http://pokemonshowdown.com/rules

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why is Detect not on the "usually useless moves" list? It's completely inferior to Protect because of Protect's higher PP and same effect; its only niche would appear to be on a slow Protean user, which fits pretty well into "usually useless".

/ds detect, !protect:
No Pokémon found.

Sounds fine to me then, let's move it to "usually useless moves".

Edit: This should probably be posted in suggestions instead.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is Detect not on the "usually useless moves" list? It's completely inferior to Protect because of Protect's higher PP and same effect; its only niche would appear to be on a slow Protean user, which fits pretty well into "usually useless".
There is a DOU set for Deoxys-Attack that suggests the use of Detect over Protect, because of imprison. If an opposing Pokemon knows Protect and uses Imprison, Pokemon on your side of the field will be unable to use protect while the imprisoning foe is active. But you can still use Detect. Very niche, but it is preferred over protect in this scenario.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe detect is common in formats like VGC because they have lower PP in case of encore or whatever
http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/6677328/
i believe it's a lot more common in formats like VGC or BS, i could be wrong though

So I started playing Pokémon Showdown a while ago and I went online to look for teams that I thought were good to use because my team building skills are slim to none, but that's besides the point. When I save teams, sometimes when I check back the next day some of them aren't even there anymore. In fact today, I checked back and I lost all of my UU teams. I had 28 teams yesterday and now I have about 21. Why does this happen and how can I restore my teams?

Sobi

Banned deucer.
So I started playing Pokémon Showdown a while ago and I went online to look for teams that I thought were good to use because my team building skills are slim to none, but that's besides the point. When I save teams, sometimes when I check back the next day some of them aren't even there anymore. In fact today, I checked back and I lost all of my UU teams. I had 28 teams yesterday and now I have about 21. Why does this happen and how can I restore my teams?
hey there.

people usually lose their teams when they delete their cookies, usually because they try to delete their browsing history and forget to uncheck "delete cookies", which results in all their teams being lost (since teams are stored in your cookies). Unfortunately, there's no way to reverse this; thus, it's vital that you back up your teams onto pastebin.com, and keep the link somewhere safe (for example, bookmarked), so that if this does happen again, you can easily retreive your teams.

by the way, it would be appreciated if you posted this in the simple questions, simple answers thread. [[Raven Edit: Moved post to the SQSA thread]]

have a nice day! :)

Reactions: Mq
hey there.

people usually lose their teams when they delete their cookies, usually because they try to delete their browsing history and forget to uncheck "delete cookies", which results in all their teams being lost (since teams are stored in your cookies). Unfortunately, there's no way to reverse this; thus, it's vital that you back up your teams onto pastebin.com, and keep the link somewhere safe (for example, bookmarked), so that if this does happen again, you can easily retreive your teams.

by the way, it would be appreciated if you posted this in the simple questions, simple answers thread. [[Raven Edit: Moved post to the SQSA thread]]

have a nice day! :)
The odd part is that I actually downloaded the Pokemon Showdown app thing, as I don't play through a browser. So I'm not sure how my problem would've happened then.

Hi. I know this was pretty much posted just before me, but i'm on the client, and occasionally when i play it deletes a team when i reopen showdown. Not sure why this happens, its annoying though.

What can we do about Entrainment in Balenced Hackmons? A lot of people are using that move alongside Ghost-Types, making it an unfair match.

while i'm not a balanced hackmons expert, i don't believe that is a broken strategy and deserves to be banned. like shedinja, there is a way to counter it; you might want to ask the om room for ideas on how to counter the strategy as well as if the strategy is broken
It's broken due to a lot of people using a Normalize Ghost Type + Entrainment. The only known counter I can think of is using a Prankster Mon with Entrainment itself (So the Normalize won't go into effect.)

while i'm not a balanced hackmons expert, i don't believe that is a broken strategy and deserves to be banned. like shedinja, there is a way to counter it; you might want to ask the om room for ideas on how to counter the strategy as well as if the strategy is broken
I understand that Hidden Power, Judgment (with Plate), Natural Gift, Techno Blast (with Drive) and Weather Ball are not affected by Normalize. Doom Desire and Future Sight might also work. And all Status moves, such as Baton Pass or Parting Shot, still work normally.

I have a Question.

I always wondered: what is the legality of Pokemon Showdown as a battle simulator, and all the other battle simulators?

Has anyone from Nintendo ever approached anyone about Pokemon Showdown? Is every single Pokemon copyrighted or what laws allows Pokemon Showdown to exist?

I was always curious about this ever since Shoddy Battle.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a Question.

I always wondered: what is the legality of Pokemon Showdown as a battle simulator, and all the other battle simulators?

Has anyone from Nintendo ever approached anyone about Pokemon Showdown? Is every single Pokemon copyrighted or what laws allows Pokemon Showdown to exist?

I was always curious about this ever since Shoddy Battle.
I believe as long as they give credit to Nintendo and Gamefreak, and don't make any money from it, they should be fine with using the Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)