Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hi, I don't know if this is the right thread, but I didn't know where else to write. I noticed that in the PS Calculator the "Wing Attack" move is missing. I know it's basically the same as "Aerial Ace", but i think it should be inlcuded anyway. Thanks!
very weak moves that arent relevant arent including in the calc. However you can still change the base power and typing of the move to get a correct calc against the mon

Hi, when can I see random battle presets?

I mean the pool of pokemon from which teams are randomly built. With their moves, items, etc.
The moves that a pokemon can get are in
gen6 gen5 gen4 gen3 gen2 gen1
battle factory sets are also in here
for how the server chooses which 4 moves and item you get you can find that here
gen6 gen5 gen2 gen1
(iirc gen3 and gen4 random set generators dont exist)

global staff?
o-o
global driver and above

I hope this isn't a question that gets asked every two seconds, but what determines the unusual colors of certain pokemon? Is there a way to give a pokemon an unusual skin intentionally? I've seen day-glo green beedrills, red ferrothorns... Please, enlighten me, forums!

antoedit: merged threads

Last edited by a moderator:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question
Is there any applications for something like Global Voice (+), Global Moderator (@), or Driver (%),
No. You gotta earn it by contributing to the server (being ranked in different rooms, programming, etc) and prove you're a good user too

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I hope this isn't a question that gets asked every two seconds, but what determines the unusual colors of certain pokemon? Is there a way to give a pokemon an unusual skin intentionally? I've seen day-glo green beedrills, red ferrothorns... Please, enlighten me, forums!
If the question is about one of the other things that kamikaze17 didn't explain, you can find the answer here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon

Last edited:
very weak moves that arent relevant arent including in the calc. However you can still change the base power and typing of the move to get a correct calc against the mon

The moves that a pokemon can get are in
gen6 gen5 gen4 gen3 gen2 gen1
battle factory sets are also in here
for how the server chooses which 4 moves and item you get you can find that here
gen6 gen5 gen2 gen1
(iirc gen3 and gen4 random set generators dont exist)

global driver and above
how do you even get it o-o

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm a general idiot w/technology and no amount of googling can help so maybe someone here knows. I recently got a new computer and since then my teams don't carry over from PS to smogtours which is really annoying for slam with all these random lower tier teams. I can't think of what the issue is, I have cookies enabled and that's about all I know. Showjoins doesn't stay on either although that's less important. If anybody isn't dumb like me and can help out, thanks.

How often does your rating decay if you dont play? I play mainly ou and vgc16.
On days you played more than 5 battles or are below 1400 elo, your rating does not decay.
Otherwise if you played between 1 and 5 battles, your rating decays by 1 point for every 100 points above 1400 elo.
Finally, if you played zero battles, your rating decays by 1 point, plus 1 for every 50 points above 1400 elo.

Ladders besides OU and randbats decay by 2 points less, meaning that the decay will be 1 point for every 100 points above 1600 and 1 point for every 50 points above 1500 1450, respectively.

Edit: 1450 because of the extra point you'd lose for not playing at all. This means that if I'm at 1501 and I don't play, I decay to 1500 after which I won't decay anymore since I'm less than 50 points above 1450.

For the tech savy, the source code can be found here: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/blob/master/lib/ntbb-ladder.lib.php#L282

Last edited:
On days you played more than 5 battles or are below 1400 elo, your rating does not decay.
Otherwise if you played between 1 and 5 battles, your rating decays by 1 point for every 100 points above 1400 elo.
Finally, if you played zero battles, your rating decays by 1 point, plus 1 for every 50 points above 1400 elo.

Ladders besides OU and randbats decay by 2 points less, meaning that the decay will be 1 point for every 100 points above 1600 and 1 point for every 50 points above 1500 1450, respectively.

Edit: 1450 because of the extra point you'd lose for not playing at all. This means that if I'm at 1501 and I don't play, I decay to 1500 after which I won't decay anymore since I'm less than 50 points above 1450.

For the tech savy, the source code can be found here: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/blob/master/lib/ntbb-ladder.lib.php#L282
Does this mean I lose points for 24 hours of not playing, or is it just that I need to play once each calendar day? For the second part I'm wondering if there is some universal time when decay kicks in every day, like midnight est for example. So if I play at 4 AM on August 5th and 8 AM August 6th, would I avoid decay?

Do I have any resource besides 'ignoring' somebody to stop them from constantly spectating my games? It weirds me out. They've been doing it for several days

Do I have any resource besides 'ignoring' somebody to stop them from constantly spectating my games? It weirds me out. They've been doing it for several days
You could use "/hideroom" on your battles to hide the battle room from people who click on your name. "/modjoin on" also works and makes it so people without roomvoice (or global auth) are unable to join the battle room.

If a user is harassing you, you can pm a moderator in the help room (collect some evidence in the form of replays or screenshots of pms).

Edit: That's only if they are harassing, just following around doesn't count unless they are picking with weird names or breaking the rules in your battle

im making a discord pokemon showdown bot for people to play with with chat commands
the commands are not working im not sure if its the commands.js or parser.js im not a coder i really dont know what the problem is

btw its allowed right? it says its free to use in the license section

Hi all,

Enjoying showdown very much, what a fantastic f2p game!

Recently I was invited to a Gen 2 random battle, which I didn't think existed. The only past generation random battle format I've been able to use is Gen 1. I also looked at the current active battle tabs and there are dozens more formats than I can see on my own 'Find a battle' tab.

I was curious if there was some trick to me finding the missing formats.

Here is a screenshot of what I can see.

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 16.12.03.png

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!
R

Attachments

This should probably go in the SQSA thread, but some formats are only available if you challenge someone or get challenged by someone. Gen 2 Random Battle is one of those. Hope i helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)