Athens. The Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILL ADD PICS LATERRR

Guess Im first one to get something up.
Wow. All I can say is wow.
Now let's get this out here first.
I went to Athens and got 13th D: Very disappointing. Very
You might think that it's not so bad, but when Top 8 or 4 is a 99999.5 out of 100000 chance. Yeah it sucks. Originally I wasn't going to write a warstory if I didn't get Top 8, but I was bored in the car, so this will be short.

I prepared in the last week or so and I was pretty satisfied with my team. It was solid. So I get up 5:30 in the morning and drive. Of course I sleep in the car. When in Athens, I go to a McD's and eat breakfast(???). Then I head to the convention center.

The center itself was pretty bleh. Not great, not bad. I got there pretty early and sat around. I briefly meet Brandon13569 and Dimsun. When the room opens, I head in there and sit around. It becomes a routine. After some time, I see GreenHornet, Remien (His sister), their cousins, Dimsun, and wait in line with them! MudkipMaster comes around. After getting registered, we sit around at our own table. Until... We see Lucariojr! He comes over with his Lucario and camera and takes videos and pictures. His plushie and Dimsun's Mudkip have a showdown!! We see ncsbert too!

Now more people show up! Well first of all, a couple of us go to meet Epic Demise, ZACHATTACK, and a friend... Sorry i forgot. Elite4Allen then shows up with 2 friends. We chat and look for 1337/Dingram. We can't find him... Haha. The announcer was so fricking annoying. We all were yelling "If you're not Nick McCord, stop yelling!"

So after like an hour, matches finally go up. Now I have bad memory so I don't remember anything.

First match: EASY WIN
Second: OMFG BS HAXXXXXXXXX
VS DIMSUN. WTF. We wanted this to be finals or something. Argh... Oh well. It was a good hard match.Not too much hax. Don't want to reveal anything. Well we both got some, and at the end Dimsun comes out to win! I wasn't too sad because it was a good game and I wanted him to win.

Third: EASY

Fourth: EASY

Fifth: WIN VS TR team

Hey I might be able to go top 4! All the seniors are doing well. No more than one loss

Sixth: OMFG JUST SHOOT ME NOW. Whew let me try to calm down... Okay. Jolteon (wasn't even perfect), Weavile vs my RotomW and Hitmontop. Okay I had this game in my hand. He rest of his pokemon can't even touch me. But of course.

Ice Punch CRIT on Hitmontop, KO
Thunder (hits) and crits on Rotom W, KOturn 1.

WTF I banged the table like 10 times. Dimsun, playing next to me was trying to calm me down. Ok watever, my metagross can sweep his whole team. Lehgo.

MY LATIOS Draco meteor miss
Thunder (hits again) and CRITS LATIOS. Then ICE PUNCH crits.
Gajjfsjqnsncbbdbsjajjaj!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next turn.
Metagross misses Meteor Mash... At this point I can't even think right.
THUNDER CRITTTTTT to finish it off.

And the kid is fricken laughing and bragging. Not the only annoying kid in the tourney. I don't even. Wow. There goes my TOP 4 chance... D:
I doubt my mom will take me now.
I tell the seniors what happened and go on hopeless... Completely crushed. All my hopes and dreams xD

The last game: A TR team. Tons of switching on my part to stall out. Then the sweep. gg!

5-2

Standings come up and yeah. I go home crushed... But at least it was fun :D I'm not complaining, well I guess I am... xD lolz

PROS:

1337/Dingram winning the whole thing undefeatedly like a BOSS congratz man

Dimsun getting Top4 for the first time in 5 years! You deserve it!!

Everybody else doing great!

Meeting everybody!!!!!
Brandon, Dimsun, Ncsbert, Lucariojr, GreenHornet, Remien, MudkipMaster, Elite4Allen, 1337, Epic Demise, ZACHATTACK, uhhh uhh... Idk! You were all awesome!!!

CONS:

I think you can tell.

Extremely iffy for Nats. Considering I have a bball camp too.

Didn't take pics. More like didn't use them in the warstory. Might update later. Sorry this warstory is boring.

Shoutouts:

Everyone who I saw at the event!

People who rooted for me!

GOONSQUAD/Team Purple/Team Gurren Lagann/I dont even know anymore!! AKA...

Infinity.Cypher, Brandon13569, Epic Demise, Superpokemon67, V17, TrollFreak, TalkingLion, momoRX, 1337, uhhh I hope that's everyone. My memory is dead.
You guys rock and are great players!

People who gave me pokemon:
Brandon, TheMantyke, SP67, Mosquitox216

Let's hope I can make Nationals!!!
Thanks for reading.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
lol, your life must suck alot right now D:

hope everyone else at regs had fun though :D

EUJIN NO ;____;

I'm so sorry that happened to you :'( I really hope you can make it to Nats!

NO REALLY THOUGH PLEASE COME TO NATS WE ALL MISS YOU ;___;

bwah that sounds so sad. None of my games were even close to that haxxy, even though there was a pretty haxxy one in my favor.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
It's so sad because every skarmbliss/smogon user in seniors got haxed really badly at least one round save for hornet and dingram(who, conveniently got second and first place respectively). I'll mention it in my warstory. I feel terrible having to beat you r2 kiwi :(

Ouch. That sucks. I actually did get haxed one game where Draco Meteor missed on the first turn. That just ended my 3-0 winning streak.

I hope you can make it to nats. It's so sad to hear about all this hax. Next time to rage effectively, flip over the table. It works every time.

Sorry Kiwi, I hope you are able to attend Nationals, happens to all of us once in awhile, but we have to get back up and keep on keeping on. Good luck for the future!

Great warstory! It really sucks how you got all that hax against you, and you definitely would have done a lot better without it. I hope you do come to nats though, it would be a lot better if you were there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)