Azelf (Life Orb) [QC: 0/3]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with ginganinja and shrang - slash U-turn with Nasty Plot and rename the set as "Special Attacker"

QC Rejected (2/3)

PS: I like Ojam's set - I never found Azelf having the time to Nasty Plot anyways.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Gastrodon is 2HKO'd by Psyshock so to be honest, Hidden Power Ground is a better option than Grass Knot or Thunder. It allows Azelf to destroy Heatran which totally walls it. Also, I dont know if U-Turn is really important on this Set. I do agree that U-Turn is very usefull and has to be considered in this set, but to be honest, your Grass Knot is probably a better option over U-Turn or Explosion. This Azelf is definitely used as a midgame sweeper. With Explosion, it allows you to keep the momentum and most of the time, Azelf doesnt go alone in the graveyard (for example, Explosion is usefull against Reuniclus, Mew, etc).

So in my opinion, here is the best Set for this Azelf :

name: Life Orb
move 1: Psyshock / Psychic
move 2: Fire Blast / Flammethrower
move 3: Hidden Power Ground / Grass Knot
move 4: Explosion / Grass Knot / Uturn
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gastrodon is 2HKO'd by Psyshock so to be honest, Hidden Power Ground is a better option than Grass Knot or Thunder. It allows Azelf to destroy Heatran which totally walls it. Also, I dont know if U-Turn is really important on this Set. I do agree that U-Turn is very usefull and has to be considered in this set, but to be honest, your Grass Knot is probably a better option over U-Turn or Explosion. This Azelf is definitely used as a midgame sweeper. With Explosion, it allows you to keep the momentum and most of the time, Azelf doesnt go alone in the graveyard (for example, Explosion is usefull against Reuniclus, Mew, etc).

So in my opinion, here is the best Set for this Azelf :

name: Life Orb
move 1: Psyshock / Psychic
move 2: Fire Blast / Flammethrower
move 3: Hidden Power Ground / Grass Knot
move 4: Explosion / Grass Knot / Uturn
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
That looks interesting. I'll edit the set accordingly.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMO I just think we can slash Explosion / U-Turn with Nasty Plot and just re name the set already onsite as "Offensive". I won't give this a final rejection however, until we finalise the QC position.

QC Rejected 3/3

I think we can just Explosion on the Special Attacker set and call it a day?

Its not like its massively different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)