1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Azelf (Life Orb) [QC: 0/3]

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Trinitrotoluene, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I agree with ginganinja and shrang - slash U-turn with Nasty Plot and rename the set as "Special Attacker"

QC Rejected (2/3)

PS: I like Ojam's set - I never found Azelf having the time to Nasty Plot anyways.
  2. Ojama

Ojama May your scattered remains entertain me
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Palace Mavenis the Smogon Tour Season 15 Champion

Gastrodon is 2HKO'd by Psyshock so to be honest, Hidden Power Ground is a better option than Grass Knot or Thunder. It allows Azelf to destroy Heatran which totally walls it. Also, I dont know if U-Turn is really important on this Set. I do agree that U-Turn is very usefull and has to be considered in this set, but to be honest, your Grass Knot is probably a better option over U-Turn or Explosion. This Azelf is definitely used as a midgame sweeper. With Explosion, it allows you to keep the momentum and most of the time, Azelf doesnt go alone in the graveyard (for example, Explosion is usefull against Reuniclus, Mew, etc).

So in my opinion, here is the best Set for this Azelf :

name: Life Orb
    move 1: Psyshock / Psychic
    move 2: Fire Blast / Flammethrower
    move 3: Hidden Power Ground / Grass Knot
    move 4: Explosion / Grass Knot / Uturn
    item: Life Orb
    nature: Naive
    evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
  3. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene my cheerier serperior is superior to your inferior rhyperior
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

That looks interesting. I'll edit the set accordingly.
  4. SkullCandy

SkullCandy She Bangs The Drums
    is a Contributor Alumnus

That's a pretty bad case of slashitis.
  5. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

IMO I just think we can slash Explosion / U-Turn with Nasty Plot and just re name the set already onsite as "Offensive". I won't give this a final rejection however, until we finalise the QC position.

QC Rejected 3/3

I think we can just Explosion on the Special Attacker set and call it a day?

Its not like its massively different
  6. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this elf is azz

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)