Pokémon Azumarill

Status
Not open for further replies.
AV does sound interesting, never tried it myself though. So my question to AV users is: What does it allow Azumarill to beat that it otherwise couldn't with its BD or Choice Band sets? It seems like Azu would be missing the wallbreaking power the CB set provides, or the sweeping potential the BD+Aqua Jet possesses.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
AV does sound interesting, never tried it myself though. So my question to AV users is: What does it allow Azumarill to beat that it otherwise couldn't with its BD or Choice Band sets? It seems like Azu would be missing the wallbreaking power the CB set provides, or the sweeping potential the BD+Aqua Jet possesses.
Charizard-Y comes to mind. Now, it can take Solar Beams better and still damage it.

Charizard-Y comes to mind. Now, it can take Solar Beams better and still damage it.
That does sound rather handy. After calcing it I found that Azu can comfortably live a Solar Beam with AV (which it couldn't without) and 2HKO Mega-Char-Y with a combination of Waterfall and Aqua Jet, even in Sun.

I
I think it's a little too early to tell how Azumarill will be, but I don't see Tentacruel dropping all that much. It's still probably going to be one of the most reliable spinners available in OU, and you also have to remember that if Fairy-types become really dominant, Tentacruel's Poison-typing is definitely going to be useful. But who knows? Azumarill definitely sounds like it's going to be the most effective of the old-Pokemon-turned-Fairy though! Only thing really going against it is the Drizzle nerf, which really probably won't prove to be that big of a deal.
run Aqua Jet/Belly Drum/Play Rough/Superpower with sitrus berry for recovery from belly drum. Plus, I love your signature

AV Azu was the reason I came to see this analysis.
AV Azu is Bulky. He can soak an Energy Ball from a Mega Zam. Granted, it isn't amazing, as no one uses it, but off a killer 175 special attack stat, it is scary. He also took an Energy Ball from a Latios. I couldn't tell its Item. I may have Knocked it off with something else. And he can get Thundurus-I easily with a Combination of Knock Off and Aqua Jet. I'm using it, and I have gotten to 1650. And I can only thank Azumarill.

Just checking to see what people are mostly running on Azumarill these days. Is it mostly still band/Bellyjet?

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Anyway, this is the set I use. lefties is there for recovery since I don't really need the power of band or bellyjet and I mostly prefer the dders as setup sweepers usually. I originally ran Sub but knock off is just too good and Azumarill forces so many things out. I'm thinking of swapping out Superpower for Waterfall since I only really seem to use it on Ferrothorn and Ttar (I partner Azumarill with Hydreigon who handles those pokes anyway). and non-choiced Aqua jet sometimes isn't powerful enough as a STAB.

Just checking to see what people are mostly running on Azumarill these days. Is it mostly still band/Bellyjet?

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Anyway, this is the set I use. lefties is there for recovery since I don't really need the power of band or bellyjet and I mostly prefer the dders as setup sweepers usually. I originally ran Sub but knock off is just too good and Azumarill forces so many things out. I'm thinking of swapping out Superpower for Waterfall since I only really seem to use it on Ferrothorn and Ttar (I partner Azumarill with Hydreigon who handles those pokes anyway). and non-choiced Aqua jet sometimes isn't powerful enough as a STAB.
plus you can just use Play Rough for T-tar. It won't deal 4x but it'll probably KO because you'll still have STAB, 90 power, with it still being 2x effective for T-tar and 4x for Hydreigon. I was thinking maybe I could try scarfing it and giving it Waterfall? Or maybe even keep that moveset and give it the Metronome, which would still give you some amount of attack boost while still giving you the ability to switch moves. This way you might be able to get up an Aqua RIng to compensate for the Leftovers.

well Aqua Jet is only really viable with Choice Band...
Aqua Jet is the sole reason to use Belly Drum Azumarill...+6 STAB priority move coming off 416 attack? Yes please.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
Trait: Huge Power
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Anything since once you're set up Aqua Jet and Play Rough are really all you need

Aqua Jet is the sole reason to use Belly Drum Azumarill...+6 STAB priority move coming off 416 attack? Yes please.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Anything since once you're set up Aqua Jet and Play Rough are really all you need
But Belly Drum still halves your HP. Could you put Aqua Ring for the last slot?

But Belly Drum still halves your HP. Could you put Aqua Ring for the last slot?
That's what the sitrus is for. You end up with 75% HP (assuming you don't take an attack) so BD ultimately only takes 25% of your HP. I guess you *could* put aqua ring there since that slot doesn't really matter, but Azumarill just doesn't really want to spend a turn not either setting up BD or attacking.

That's what the sitrus is for. You end up with 75% HP (assuming you don't take an attack) so BD ultimately only takes 25% of your HP. I guess you *could* put aqua ring there since that slot doesn't really matter, but Azumarill just doesn't really want to spend a turn not either setting up BD or attacking.
good point, but it could work while, say, the opponent was switching out?

good point, but it could work while, say, the opponent was switching out?
Generally Azumarill likes to come in, Belly Drum as the opponent switches out, then proceed to sweep. If you get ballsy you can predict another switch after the opponent is "surprised" by belly drum and go for aqua ring then, but I probably wouldn't risk it.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
I'd say use Superpower as the fourth move. As Ferrothorn would walk all over Azumarill if it doesn't have that move.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I found this set on a 3DS tournaments finals vs a stall team. This really caught me by surprise and I want your opinions.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Toxic
Traps and kills pretty much every wall in the tier. Also traps bulky Mega charizard-X and potentially Y (somebody do calcs for me plz). Thick Fat plus great typing allows this guy to switch into many threats, trap them and stall them. Very intresting set that I plan to use sometime in the future.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Azumarill: 254-300 (62.8 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nope and Whirlpool is illegal with Sap Sipper so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)